Search this Thread

Old 11/26/08, 06:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear that man! thats not too bad though
Old 11/26/08, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awe man thats sucks. I see a lot of deer heading to and from my girlfriends house, had some close encounters myself.
Old 11/26/08, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor

That sucks, but it could have been a lot worse. Hopefully your car will get upgrades and come back looking better than ever.
Old 11/26/08, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

It could be worse

Check out the attached picture. Driving on the autobahn in Germany at 140mph in his BMW Z4,the driver hit a deer.
The deer disappeared ...
The driver stopped and wondered where the deer went ....... ???
Attached Images  
Old 11/26/08, 09:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Juice
Check out the attached picture. Driving on the autobahn in Germany at 140mph in his BMW Z4,the driver hit a deer.
The deer disappeared ...
The driver stopped and wondered where the deer went ....... ???
Juice, small world. I saw that exact picture yesterday, as someone emailed it to a co-worker. Only thing, though, that isn't a Z4 that his the deer. Its a BMW 5 series. Author of email probably didn't know cars all that well. If you see a Z4, you'll know that isn't one. Plus its ALOT smaller than a 5 series and would have done SERIOUSLY more damage to the car, as the engine bay is much smaller, and the deer probably wouldn't have been able to fit in there, like it did on this 5 series.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 11/26/08 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11/26/08, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Funny, I got that emailed to me at work today and now I see it on here. Deer do suck, good thing we don't have too many around here compared to other areas, though one of my co-workers smoked a deer a month ago in his Mercedes and did $8900 in damage.
Old 11/27/08, 02:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
I kid you not, some guys in a pickup truck came down the road 5 min after I killed it, scooped and threw it in the back of their pickup and took off before the cops could see the dead deer. If I had not showed the cop my badge, he probably would have thought I was lieing to him about hitting a deer.
So if I don't have a badge, I'm a liar?
Old 11/28/08, 07:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

yea I know, it could have been a lot worse.

I know from experience of being a firefighter. about 2 years ago we had a MVA with a deer. minivan struck a deer. 2 passengers in the car a mom and a daughter. deer went through the windshield. killed the mom, and paralyzed the 16yr old daughter. when investigating, found head/torso half the deer in the 3rd row seating. it was horrible. we have the pics from the accident, but its too much to look at anymore.
Old 11/30/08, 01:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
I know how you feel. After ordering and waiting for what seemed like forever for my '07 29 days after delivery I got hit by a huge wild hog. I was only doing about 45MPH but it was enough to rip off most of the bumper, bend the bumper supports, rip out the wheel well, push in the fender, and break both the turn and head light. Don't worry though it will be good as new soon enough. The worst part of it for me was that the **** thing died on impact and I didn't get to unload my side arm on it to release my anger
Old 11/30/08, 06:35 PM
GT Member

time for an upgraded front end & hood
Old 11/30/08, 08:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We don't really see many deer here in Tampa, but I have seen a few Loose Cows around. We were driving West down Hwy 60 into Bartow one night just past dusk at about 55-60 mph and saw the car in the left lane swerve to the left, thank God my dad swerved to the right at that same instance because there was a Big Black Bull running right down the center of the highway. You really couldn't see it till it was right there. We felt it Slam into the Drivers Side front fender of my Dad's 05 F-250 4x4, and it clipped the Mirror, folding it back against the window. We pulled over and I was Amazed, we didn't see any damage. The mirror folded right back, since they are designed to fold in anyway. The Bull just kept on running down the side of the road. I'm just glad the Bull didn't decide to turn right in front of us or I probably wouldn't be here typing this now.

A few months later I was going somewhere with my Mom and we were taking the Truck and we both noticed at the same time that the front bumper was closer to the fender on the drivers side than the passenger side by almost an inch. the Bull had bent the bumper slightly, most people wouldn't even notice it. They didn't when he traded it in for his current 08 F-250.

Hope Everything turns out well with your Mustang. As others have said if you wanted to Mod it, this is the time, but if you wanted to keep it stock and Original I'm Sorry to See it happen.

Last edited by TampaBear67; 11/30/08 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12/1/08, 05:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

*removed*

Last edited by MaverickMLFD371; 12/1/08 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12/12/08, 05:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

*CAR UPDATE*

well just to give you an update, I dropped the car off to a body shop around the corner from my house and the owner of the shop is my next door neighboor. as of yesterday, the body shop finally started on repairing the stang and managed to get all the body work done in one day. it's now waiting to go into the spray booth to get finished painting. its been a long and intense battle with the insurance company. the battle was my insurance company wanted to get me GT-Take off (hood), refurbished (headlight), aftermerket brand (fender) and used (front bumper). of course the body shop guy being my neighbor, he wasn't too fond of that, especially since he knows how well I take care of my car and the money I invested in it. he made every attempt to get Ford OEM parts. a 2 1/2 week battle ended, and the insurance company finally decided to part with OEM parts. very very very pleased with the overall experience of my neighbors body shop and can't wait to get her out of the shop when she gets a fresh coat of paint on her.

I'll keep you all posted with pics as he takes them!
Old 12/12/08, 08:18 AM
GTR Member

Who is your insurance co so I know not to go with them?
Old 12/12/08, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just hit a deer on my way home from work this morning at 3:40 am on the freeway. First time I've hit one in 22+ years of driving here in central Ohio, but most of my family members have hit deer at one time or another. Thank goodness it was in the Subaru and not in the Mini or Miata (I usually don't commute in the Mustangs), the Forester took the hit a lot better than one of the smaller cars would have. Still some significant front end damage, as it was a good sized buck. Had it towed home and will get it towed into a body shop next week.
Old 12/16/08, 04:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by smitty
So if I don't have a badge, I'm a liar?
Absolutley...I wear a 'SpongeBob SquarePants' Badge so people know I'm always telling the truth...
Old 12/17/08, 02:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Ministang
Just hit a deer on my way home from work this morning at 3:40 am on the freeway. First time I've hit one in 22+ years of driving here in central Ohio, but most of my family members have hit deer at one time or another. Thank goodness it was in the Subaru and not in the Mini or Miata (I usually don't commute in the Mustangs), the Forester took the hit a lot better than one of the smaller cars would have. Still some significant front end damage, as it was a good sized buck. Had it towed home and will get it towed into a body shop next week.

When I first read this, I had visions of the deer getting towed home. I guess I'm getting hungry, almost dinner time.
Old 12/17/08, 02:34 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
sounds like a great body shop experience...wish we had that quality of people around here
Old 12/17/08, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
When I first read this, I had visions of the deer getting towed home. I guess I'm getting hungry, almost dinner time.
I wish, I'd love to have a freezer full of venison. The cop and I both looked for the deer I hit that night and didn't see him. I went by the same area during the day and there was no sign of him. I guess even after getting smacked in the rump by a Subaru going 60 mph he was still ok enough to jump the fence by the freeway and run off into the field.
Old 12/17/08, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

Deers and cars meet quite often here in WI, but I have managed to avoid it thus far... but somehow my son managed to hit 2 within a year after getting his license. Go figure:-)

But very glad to hear you were able to insist on new, OEM parts, for the repair. That is something you might otherwise not think about unless you have a real good bodyshop that keeps you in the loop of what your insurance company is trying do.

Quick Reply: D@MN DEER!!!!!!!!!