2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Cylinder Head Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/10, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cylinder Head Removal?

HERE WE GO>>>

I recently started disassemblying my engine since it overheated. I noticed in the beginning that the coolant was always low and I just kept adding water. Eventually I just started using straight water. I know I shoulda just put the car in park and left it until I could have it professionally repaired but I was stubborn . Well anyways I kept driving using straight water for about a year until the car finally surrended on a hot 116 degree summer afternoon. Ive been told that I may have a blown head gasket. My symptoms included a milk shake consistency in the oil, white smoke coming from the exhaust on the drivers side exhaust(i have dual exhaust) all common symptoms of a blown head gasket. Also Ive noticed dried coolant residue on the block coming from the #4 spark plug location. I dont know if this means i have a crack in the drivers side cylinder head or in the block. When i took the intake manifold off and looked into the cylinder head intake ports, the valves were closed and i saw a pool of water in cylinder #3

Well now ive got the engine down to the cylinder heads and block. I cant seem to remove the head bolts, i know the correct torx socket is the t55 but the bolts wont seem to loosen using a hand socket wrench. Ive luckily managed to remove to head bolts that were on the outter cylinder head assembly. Im thinking the head bolts were melted into the head assembly from constant overheating. Does anybody know what i should do now? Should I try a pneumatic wrench with an air compressor? This looks to be the only option. Ive also thought of just disconnecting wats left of the engine and replacing it with a salvaged used engine. Im thinking the engine I have would be too much to repair and would be a cheaper solution just to go with a salvaged engine.

Also if i do plan on removing the engine, can the transmission just stay in place? can i just disconnect the engine from the bellhousing? Any suggestions would be helpful. thank you