2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Crap...It's Here Part 3

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/05, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by StangNut@March 4, 2005, 12:15 PM
Mark,
That's the BEST retro theme I've seenon any '05. Very tastefully and correctly done. Impressive.
I was wondering about the GT emblem locator holes. How well does the pony cover them up? Since you used the smaller 99-04 poniy, how do you think the size looks proportionally? Would the larger 94-98 pony look too big?
Hey thanks StangNut, means alot coming from you (seriously), you've been a great help to me and lots of others. I purposely went with the smaller stick on Pony's for exactly the reason you stated.....I think the 94-98 versions would be too big (just my thoughts though), and with the same emblems on the wheels, I didn't want to overdo it. Besides, on the original GTA, there are no Pony emblems at all but with holes, I had to do something (no body filling allowed!!!!).

I didn't know where the locator holes were and I didn't want to rip the GT emblems off before I did, worried that the smaller Pony's wouldn't cover them up. Kevin (05Stangkc) is the BEST.....I e-mailed him at his shop and he TRACED the outline of a GT emblem in his parts dept. onto a piece of paper (with the locator holes penciled in), scanned it and e-mailed it to me. Thankfully, the holes are located in a north/south position, right in the middle, offset from each other by a little more than a pencil width. The small Pony's covered them without a problem!!

So don't worry, whichever size you go with, either will fit.

Thanks again, Mark
Old 3/4/05, 11:56 AM
V6 Member

You beat me to it! IMO though, the stripes should be black. I want to make a clone of my mom's '67.
Old 3/4/05, 01:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks great! I got sliver bulltt wheels on order for my GT356.
Old 3/4/05, 02:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Very nice work Mark ...another nice set of '05 throwback mods...great to see!!!!!!!

Congrats,
John
Old 3/4/05, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sonic98gt@March 4, 2005, 12:59 PM
You beat me to it! IMO though, the stripes should be black. I want to make a clone of my mom's '67.
Yeah, thought of it but no, no black vinyl roof on mine to contrast them to

No sarcasm intended, I'd kill for your '67, who wouldn't.
Old 3/4/05, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All I can say is WOW! That really is beautiful. I hope the snow melts soon so you can drive it around and show it off.
Old 3/4/05, 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very nice! :worship: It's so good to see people making their cars original, not just plain stock, or the same darn thing everybody else is doing. That's what I love about this new car . . . so many directions to go . . .

I love seeing what everybody has done, so I can get an idea of what things I want to do. Thanks for the pics!
Old 3/4/05, 04:41 PM
GT Member

Thumbs up. Looks great.

Post more pictures when you get a chance.
Old 3/4/05, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Really love the M U S T A N G on the rear. A while back there was a photoshop with F O R D on the front hood in a retro manner. Don't think I'd do that, think it'd be too much.

Also like the black bullet wheels.

Old 3/4/05, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Ah Man! You took my idea with the letters on the rear deck
I have a set of them sitting in the drawer waiting for mine. Reproductions for the '68.
Very nice! The more pics I see of LL, the happier I am with my choice.
Old 3/4/05, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mizanin@March 4, 2005, 5:52 PM
Really love the M U S T A N G on the rear. A while back there was a photoshop with F O R D on the front hood in a retro manner. Don't think I'd do that, think it'd be too much.

Also like the black bullet wheels.

You're right about the hood F-O-R-D lettering. I have them, was gonna put them on, but for some reason decided against them (for now anyways). I saw the photoshop too - liked it, so did Ford if that alleged spy shot of the retro grill is any indication.

And P51 - your lettering placement instructions (they were a female dog to line up properly) are somewhere in the string. They'll save you some time when you're putting them on. Have fun.
Old 3/4/05, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks Great!

What did you use to black out the rear panel?
Old 3/4/05, 09:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Original Sin+March 4, 2005, 4:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Original Sin @ March 4, 2005, 4:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sonic98gt@March 4, 2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, thought of it but no, no black vinyl roof on mine to contrast them to

No sarcasm intended, I'd kill for your '67, who wouldn't.
[/b][/quote]

Don't think I haven't told my mom that a thousand times. That thing is 100% orriginal, and is optioned to the HILT! Tilt away steering wheel, AC, full upper and lower consoles, orriginal paint, orriginal motor, etc., etc., etc.

And you're right, that vinyl roof may look a little funny on the '05. I'm very envious of you, btw. Nice job on the car!
Old 3/4/05, 09:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mangler@March 4, 2005, 9:14 PM
Looks Great!

What did you use to black out the rear panel?
It's just vinyl - Rob from Autographix Design did a fantastic job on the stripes and the panel. Much easier - and cheaper - than paint or a smoke panel.
Old 3/4/05, 09:27 PM
Cobra R Member

I am all sorts of confused now. Does this mean that previous year wheels will fit, or just those particular rims? I got a set of 17x8 2000 cobra R wheels (real ones) that id love to use on my car if they would fit.
Old 3/4/05, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fazm@March 4, 2005, 10:30 PM
I am all sorts of confused now. Does this mean that previous year wheels will fit, or just those particular rims? I got a set of 17x8 2000 cobra R wheels (real ones) that id love to use on my car if they would fit.
Oooooh, be careful. First, are ya sure they're 17x8's. If they're 2000 Cobra R's they should be 18x9.5. The 98's & 99's were 17X8 and should fit - they're the same backspacing/offset as mine. After 99, they were either 17x9's or 18x9.5 as above - with offsets that are too far off from stock.

Take a look at www.gefracing.com. They mounted a bunch of FMS wheels, including a Cobra R I think, and in opinion they stick out way too much at the rear - because of the offset difference.

Any of the newer 17x8 FMS wheels with backspacing of 5.72" (they use that measurement instead of offset) should work - mine did perfectly. Hope this helps,

Mark
Old 3/4/05, 10:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote=Original Sin,March 3, 2005, 9:31 PM]
Well it's still snowing and I'm still not driving. But....spent a bit of time at the dealership the past few days. New wheels (from the '04 collection and if anyone says they don't fit, take a look), new badging and striping, both from '67 and got rid of the GT emblem from the side fenders. I put on a pair of running pony's (didn't want anyone saying I had "GT" twice on each side LOL) to cover up the locator holes. Finally, black-out vinyl on the rear and my final retro touch, M-U-S-T-A-N-G lettering on the trunk lid, ala 67-early 70's. And oh yeah, the side mouldings are GONE!!! More pics in nicer surroundings on a better day when all this white crap is melted.

Anyways, here it is and I'm so proud. Now if I can only drive it somewhere .
[/quote
only thing i dont like is the white stripe. doesnt look as classy. someone else told me today thats "im glad u didnt get that stripe on bottom of ur car". i like the stripes from from hood to truck. just my opinion
Old 3/5/05, 05:54 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Original Sin+March 4, 2005, 12:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Original Sin @ March 4, 2005, 12:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StangNut@March 4, 2005, 12:15 PM
Mark,
That's the BEST retro theme I've seenon any '05. Very tastefully and correctly done. Impressive.
I was wondering about the GT emblem locator holes. How well does the pony cover them up? Since you used the smaller 99-04 poniy, how do you think the size looks proportionally? Would the larger 94-98 pony look too big?
Hey thanks StangNut, means alot coming from you (seriously), you've been a great help to me and lots of others.

Thanks again, Mark
[/b][/quote]
Mark,
I'm not sure what I did, but that's great to hear as I have also received a LOT of help from others on here. It's nice to know I could return the favor even if it's indirectly.
Thanks for the info on the holes. I replaced the GT's with the ponies on my my '03 and now I'm seriously considering doing it to the '05. Can you email or post that "diagram" KC sent you?
Old 3/5/05, 06:33 AM
Cobra R Member

hrmm... they could be 17x9 but they have 245 tires on them... so i dont know. Guess the only way to see if they will work is try them
Old 3/5/05, 07:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mark,
I'm not sure what I did, but that's great to hear as I have also received a LOT of help from others on here. It's nice to know I could return the favor even if it's indirectly.
Thanks for the info on the holes. I replaced the GT's with the ponies on my my '03 and now I'm seriously considering doing it to the '05. Can you email or post that "diagram" KC sent you?
[/quote]

Hi Jason. Here's a pic of the diagram. I'll also make a separate post (In Exterior Mods) so anyone else wondering about the holes can find them easily.

So DO IT, you'll love the look!!

Regards, Mark.

Quick Reply: Crap...It's Here Part 3