2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Crap...It's Here Part 3

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/05, 11:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuse the ignorance, but what was the gta model in the old days. Since you have gta on the side, wouldnt it make sense to remove the gt located on the car, maybe with a steeda badge in back and do the same on the other side you did there. Not really sure why you have gta when it is a gt, But it sure looks nice.
Old 3/3/05, 11:29 PM

I love the MUSTANG lettering on the back. I was hoping those particular letters were a tad bit bigger. But still, I think I will be putting them on with a CDC ducktail spoiler...ala 67 Shelby...just with MUSTANG as opposed to SHELBY. A few touchs of chrome on a black car stand out even more.

Now, if only they'd just build my freaking car...TODAY!!!! :bang:
Old 3/4/05, 06:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks really nice. love the vintage touches. GTA is for Mustang GT, Automatic.

Sam
Old 3/4/05, 06:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sams66@March 4, 2005, 7:04 AM
Looks really nice. love the vintage touches. GTA is for Mustang GT, Automatic.

Sam
Thanks Sam, beat me to it!

Mark.
Old 3/4/05, 06:40 AM
Cobra Member

Nice ride! The "MUSTANG" script across the trunk is an excellent retro statement. Truly pays homage to the original. Well done!

I'm late to the Legend party, but now I'm partying seriously. I expect to order a LL GT on March 19th. Hope the weather and driving conditions improve soon so you can enjoy your car even more!

Chris
Old 3/4/05, 06:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great!! Nice touches everywhere!

Old 3/4/05, 06:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nicely done!! I especially like the GTA emblems with the running pony badges.
Old 3/4/05, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sodaman@March 4, 2005, 12:11 AM
Excuse the ignorance, but what was the gta model in the old days. Since you have gta on the side, wouldnt it make sense to remove the gt located on the car, maybe with a steeda badge in back and do the same on the other side you did there. Not really sure why you have gta when it is a gt, But it sure looks nice.
Thanks Dan, but nope, the '67 GTA (the "A" is for Automatic) did have just one "GT" emblem on it......on the gas filler cap on the tail. I'd LOVE to get one of the original repros of that thing but with the key hole in ours, I know the old one wouldn't work.
Old 3/4/05, 07:01 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Again-
Spectacular, Original and beautiful :worship:
Old 3/4/05, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@March 4, 2005, 8:04 AM
Again-
Spectacular, Original and beautiful :worship:
Holy cow, you are the nicest!!!! Thanks April

Mark
Old 3/4/05, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I like, I like... Med Parchement Interior... good choice!... I dig the old school placards<sp?>... esp. the M U S T A N G lettering across the ****...

I wonder how that black-out on the rear would look in white?... plus a set of the knock-off spinners on those blacked out bullets... I bettin Sweeeeetttt!

Again... you ride looks fantastic!!
Old 3/4/05, 07:54 AM
FR500 Member

Mark, your car looks good. A few things though. First of all, I have the same running pony fender badges on my GT, but I also switched out the GT faux gas cap with the one from the V6 to have the running pony emblem there too. I would definitely look into that. Also, I can't say I like the white rocker stripes with the black wheels. White stripes with chrome or polished wheels, black stripes with painted or black wheels. Especially since you have the back area around the faux gas cap black. That's just my opinion though. Other than that, looks good.
Old 3/4/05, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by freyke@March 4, 2005, 8:47 AM
I like, I like... Med Parchement Interior... good choice!... I dig the old school placards<sp?>... esp. the M U S T A N G lettering across the ****...

I wonder how that black-out on the rear would look in white?... plus a set of the knock-off spinners on those blacked out bullets... I bettin Sweeeeetttt!

Again... you ride looks fantastic!!
Kevin....you mean that $100 set of spinners that are sittin in the house cause they don't fit on the 04 rims??? I was SOOOOOO disappointed. Oh well, maybe Ford Racing will come out with a set. Until then, it's basic black!

Thanks - I tried.
Old 3/4/05, 07:57 AM
FR500 Member

You would put silver spinners on a black wheel? Not sure how that would look... save a hundred dollars and send 'em back.
Old 3/4/05, 08:45 AM
GT Member

Looks great!

Did the GT badges come off easily? The '67 Ponies cover the holes nicely. Are they stick on?

Acadian, how about the faux GT gas cap swap?
Old 3/4/05, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

nice mods on a great looking car, LL is a fantastic color.....

I normally post in the classic section, & my father and I just finished restoring a 68 fastback. I had some custom emblems made for the car... seeing as how you and everyond here liked the look of the retro emblem, I thought I'd post what/where I got these custom billet emblems made:

I came up with the design, and BilletBadges.com worked with me to make them a reality, great people to work with...anywho, here are the badges:

The RSR stands for my father's initials:

we have two more that will be going in the same area as you put the GTA emblem, once it finally warms up around here....I don't mean to hijack your thread, but thought ya'll would like to see another possibility for custom emblems for your rides....

- cheers
Old 3/4/05, 10:00 AM
GT Member

Awesome mods. Just one question: How much trouble did you have putting the M U S T A N G on the decklid? I have been thinking about doing that on my Black GT (I agree, that would stand out big time) but have been waiting for someone else to do it first so I could ask how it was done! I am really jumpy about poking that many holes in the trunklid.
Old 3/4/05, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by H60Dog@March 4, 2005, 9:48 AM
Looks great!

Did the GT badges come off easily? The '67 Ponies cover the holes nicely. Are they stick on?

Acadian, how about the faux GT gas cap swap?
Yeah, the badges came off fairly easily (re-useable in fact, the tape stayed intact with the badges) 'cause they've only been on the car a week since build date. And the Pony's are stick-on, from Ford Parts, I believe they were '03 parts.
Old 3/4/05, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Mark,
That's the BEST retro theme I've seenon any '05. Very tastefully and correctly done. Impressive.
I was wondering about the GT emblem locator holes. How well does the pony cover them up? Since you used the smaller 99-04 poniy, how do you think the size looks proportionally? Would the larger 94-98 pony look too big?
Old 3/4/05, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TwoBlackStangs@March 4, 2005, 11:03 AM
Awesome mods. Just one question: How much trouble did you have putting the M U S T A N G on the decklid? I have been thinking about doing that on my Black GT (I agree, that would stand out big time) but have been waiting for someone else to do it first so I could ask how it was done! I am really jumpy about poking that many holes in the trunklid.
Thanks....but don't worry about holes, they're 3M stick-ons 'cause I didn't want to poke any holes either. They're Scott Drake reproductions, $18.95 from any of the resto companies (I dealt with Mustangs Unlimited), Part # C5ZZ1609801). A company called KSR also makes them but they're not as good quality as Scott Drake.

And here's your install tips if you like. Firstly, I've been **** about the location of stuff, trying to place the new emblems where they went on the old cars. So, I researched the lettering placement (but had to modify the height). Start with the middle "T" and mount it in the middle, half-way between the top of the trunk lip and the bottom of the 3rd brake light. The distance from the bottom edge of the "T" to the trunk lip works out to about 9/16th ". Then, true to 60's specs, locate the middle of the first "M" 11 3/4" from the left edge of the trunk, and the middle of the last "G" to the same distance from the right edge of the trunk. Your "U-S" on the left and "A-N" on the right then go about 4 1/2 " apart (at their centres), eg. the centre of the "U" will be about 4 1/2" from the centre of the "M" and so on. Anyways, it turned out fine. Get out the q-tips for wax though.....what a pain.

Good luck, they'll look GREAT on black!

Mark

Quick Reply: Crap...It's Here Part 3