2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couldn't wait so I jumped on a local car!

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/07, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't wait so I jumped on a local car!

Well, here's the result of my last thread. The dealer found me a car locally with everything I wanted PLUS Sirius radio and comfort grp. So I went for it. I just had to, I coudn't stand it any more. It would have been six more weeks to wait after waiting seven weeks already. It came via a swap from another dealer and the driver is booked up til Monday, so I have to wait to get it. They use a couple of retired guys to do their driving, and don't let anyone else do it. So I'm cool with it. I had actually changed a few things from my original order, and this car does have those choices. Here's the specs: GT premium, AT, Vista Blue on Lt. Graphite, GTAP, IUP, Cmfrt grp, Anti-theft, side airbags, Sirius, alum. dash pnl. I originally ordered Dk charcoal interior, but changed it cause I decided on silver stripes, and I thought it would match up better. I already have the stripe kit from BSM and GTA's here at home. After signing all the paper work at the dealer I went straight to discount tire and ordered my Torq-Thrust M wheels. 17x9 with 275 NITTO 450 NT Extremes for the back. The factory front tires will be used until I recover a little in the wallet, then I'll get the 255's put on.
For all you that wonder about the TPMS stuff, I can tell you that at DT it's no problem at all. They have bands siiting there that they can use. Basicly just a real big hose clamp. They didn't even charge me for them. They did order four new brackets to hold the sensors at 15.00 for the set. He said they actually could use the old brackets, but they're a pain to get off. At that point I was so happy about not having to pay the 60+ bucks each that I'd heard the bands cost I wasn't about to squawk about 15.00!!
Now for all you that are going to scream for pics, don't worry. I'll get em posted AFTER I get the stripes and wheels on. Hey, you all know what a Vista blue GT looks like from the factory anyway. My son in law is going to help me put the stripes on next weekend, and the wheels and tires should be on within two weeks. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to plan my next mod! Carl
Old 2/10/07, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey congrats on the car! Visa Blue is a great choice
Old 2/10/07, 01:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by crucut
Well, here's the result of my last thread. The dealer found me a car locally with everything I wanted PLUS Sirius radio and comfort grp. So I went for it. I just had to, I coudn't stand it any more. It would have been six more weeks to wait after waiting seven weeks already. It came via a swap from another dealer and the driver is booked up til Monday, so I have to wait to get it. They use a couple of retired guys to do their driving, and don't let anyone else do it. So I'm cool with it.
Congrats and good color choice.
You've obviously never ridden with my retired dad.
Foot to the floor with his Ford V8 from every red light and tailgating the slow guys on the highway.
He also has the reflexes of a 55 year old and an immaculate driving record.
Old 2/10/07, 02:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
next best color to green LOL Congrats
Old 2/10/07, 05:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Congrats....same thing happened with my dads car......we made sure were there when they drove it over....some old geezer crawls out of it...and jumps into the Mustang our dealership traded for and took off. I trust it was in good hands....
Old 2/11/07, 12:03 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
CONGRATS!! I can't wait to see the stripes!
Old 2/11/07, 08:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
CONGRATS!! I can't wait to see the stripes!
Congrats! Vista Blue is an awesome color, not that I'm impartial to it (yeah, right!). Looking forward to the pics. Register it over on the Blue Mustang Registry then join our forum there.
http://registry.03sbgt.com/
Old 2/12/07, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Shaun81
Hey congrats on the car! Visa Blue is a great choice

Vista Blue is the only color to have
Old 2/12/07, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

You are going to love that car. I have a loaded vista blue on graphite with stick and it is perfect (to me at least).

I did pop for the factory 18" bullitts though. But the torq thrusts you ordered will be sweet.