2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool Features I discovered this week.

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/05, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure this is covered elsewhere but I thought they were neat.

When you get below 10 miles to E. No matter what color mycolor is set to, the fuel guage turns red.

A feature I discoverd today scared the heck out of me. I was driving up the highway on my way home from work with my sirius just blaring. I passed a car and (evidentally) forgot to turn off my turn signal. I don't know how long after but all of a sudden my dash started beeping louder and louder. Once I figured out it wasn't my cell phone and my stereo I looked at my dash and it said "Turn signal innadverely left on." COOL
Old 1/3/05, 11:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool! This car is just full of surprises!
Old 1/4/05, 01:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I remember reading about this feature, I think, in the online owners manual. But I had yet to read how exactly it alerts the driver that the turn signal is left on. Thanks for posting. Now if it goes off in my car, once I get it, I won't have a crap attack while driving dow the road. I thank that's a pretty cool feature. My mom is forever leaving the blinker on lately in my car & I keep having to tell her to turn it off. This should help her to remember.
Old 1/4/05, 05:37 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting features! Thanks!
Old 1/4/05, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Last night I was changing the dash colors at a stop light. The light turned green and I started to move. The color display changer switched and the message center said "Adjust color when stopped."
Old 1/4/05, 06:20 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That fuel guage trick is excellent! (haven't seen it yet as I don't think my car has seen less than a quarter of a tank )

Heard about the turn signal thing but hadn't heard it myself - that's a GREAT little option.
Old 1/4/05, 06:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

On a long series of banked right turns I heard it for the first time...kinda freaked me out the first time...

And the beltminder for the passenger seat belt...my wife is always prompt about it now.
Old 1/4/05, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

awesome discovery! I haven't seen those yet. I did notice though once that my radio volume went down when the gas was getting low. When I changed the volume to make it louder it wouldn't change. I have the Shaker 500. Has anyone else noticed this one? Also, once I filled it up, the volume was working fine again. I think I was listening to a CD at the time.
Old 1/4/05, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Once you get below 50 miles to E, the message center keeps changing to Fuel Level Low. You have to keep reseting it to go back to your normal display. Haven't had it take over my radio, yet.
Old 1/4/05, 07:10 AM
GT Member

I don't know how long after but all of a sudden my dash started beeping louder and louder

[FONT=Courier]My husband's truck does this,he has had it over a year ,but only discovered it when my son was driving & they went around one of the highway off-ramps & it stayed on. My son teased him that he didn't know it did this -because he dosn't use his turn signal!
Old 1/4/05, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

I probably shouldn't say this, but these 'features' really show how dumbed down the general driving public has become. If you need an electronic device to tell you that your fuel is getting dangerously low, or that you have left your turn signal on, or that you need to fasten your seat belt, then perhaps you shouldn't be in control of a potentially life-taking piece of machinery.

Flame away, please.
Old 1/4/05, 07:54 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Montrose@January 4, 2005, 10:28 AM
I probably shouldn't say this, but these 'features' really show how dumbed down the general driving public has become. If you need an electronic device to tell you that your fuel is getting dangerously low, or that you have left your turn signal on, or that you need to fasten your seat belt, then perhaps you shouldn't be in control of a potentially life-taking piece of machinery.

Flame away, please.
Those are nice features.

Its when we start depending on them...thats the problem

"I don't fill up until my gauge is red"
good way to go
Old 1/4/05, 08:07 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like I will see that fuel guage trick when I leave work. Right now the car says 20km until empty.
Old 1/4/05, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those are nice features. And even "smart" people need gentle reminders every now and then.
Old 1/4/05, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@January 4, 2005, 7:24 AM
Those are nice features. And even "smart" people need gentle reminders every now and then.
Oh, I agree. I'm usually really good about the whole turn signal thing.

Nothing makes you more scared when you're trying to pull out of a parking lot and you see a car coming with it's turn signal on. You think you can pull out when you realize it's a blue hair that turned that signal on when she left her driveway 8 miles ago.

My comute is over 40 miles each way so I try and squeek out as much gas as I can out of each tank. Nothing like that sense of adventure pulling in when you've used over 14 gal of gas since your last fill up. (I always reset everything.) Haven't gotten of 285 miles to a tank yet. I've got to take that lead insole out of my right shoe.
Old 1/4/05, 08:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by derynf@January 4, 2005, 12:00 AM
I was driving up the highway on my way home from work with my sirius just blaring.
You have a Sirius Satelite radio...does that have a FM transmitter or is it wired into the stereo? If it's wired in...where did you get it? What model?

I have my iPod mounted in a powerplug flat mount (very cool)...and it transmits my songs on the FM radio...(ok..but not "digital" quality)....I really like picking my own music and I like the satelite option...

Jay..
Old 1/4/05, 09:03 AM
GT Member

I have my iPod mounted in a powerplug flat mount (very cool)...and it transmits my songs on the FM radio...(ok..but not "digital" quality)....I really like picking my own music and I like the satelite option...
Digital interfaces for ipods and xm radios

Peripheral Electronics
Old 1/4/05, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Birdman3@January 4, 2005, 10:06 AM
Digital interfaces for ipods and xm radios

Peripheral Electronics
:scratch:
Uh...where do they list a 2005 mustang and / or a shaker 1000 interface? I looked but didn't see anything...

Jay
Old 1/4/05, 09:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't have it hard wired. Haven't been able to find anything for Shaker 500/sirius orbiter. I've got pictures of my set up here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=12575

Using the FM modulator. The only problem is there's a station on all my options. So, occacionally I get bleed over.
Old 1/4/05, 06:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Montrose@January 4, 2005, 8:28 AM

Flame away, please.
I completely agree. I can't remember the last time I left my turn signal on or even forgot about the fuel getting low, but even then it is a subtle small light that gets brighter the lower it gets (my current vehicle). No wonder the stereo has problems ie. it supposed to get louder as the engine gets louder or stops you from adjusting the volume when the fuel gets low? :angry: Not sure if thats true in the Mustang, but making them too (smart) creates other issues. Don't get me wrong, mine is loaded and has the 1000. Those should be options as well, or maybe a button to turn them on/off.

None of those things even comes close enough of a reason to reject delivery in the next day or so, Have fun everyone, I hope to in the next day or so.

Quick Reply: Cool Features I discovered this week.