2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Convertible Orders

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/05, 05:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Goficsh,
Keep us informed on your order. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. My your luck can rub off on the rest of us!!!!
70MACH1OWNER
Old 1/19/05, 01:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott,

I would have kept on them about the free car deal. As long as it wasn't stated in the ad that it doesn't include the 05 Stang, then I think its fair game.
Old 1/19/05, 03:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with Ballz....sounds like a bait and switch or something like it.
Old 1/19/05, 06:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Scott. The price you listed seems correct to me. They must have forgot to price the car with the assesmant in it. Good job on the deal you got. Hope you get it soon
Old 1/19/05, 02:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Ballz and Paulf,
I had already signed a deal with another dealer. I purposely did not go to this outfit on my pricing trip because they have a reputation that is less than honest. My luck is I would have forced them to beat my present deal by a few cents and had to deal with their crap. With everything being put on hold on my present order the last thing I need is a slippery dealer. For the record, they are still making the same advertisment with no mention of it not being valid on 05 stangs.
70MACH1OWNER
Old 1/19/05, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey 05FORDGT,
Got a disturbing email from my dealer today concerning the possible status of my Vert. Check this out. Anybody else hearing stuff like this.

Scott,

I just wanted to touch base with you and let you in on what I've heard about the convertible mustangs. Because we ordered the 18G Interior upgrade package, it is still on hold, we've actually heard that it might be the early summer before we see your vehicle and that since the allocation to build these mustangs is so little, they might have to build it as an 06 model. The only problem we run into with the mustang being an 06 model is the price difference between the 05 and 06 model years. I spoke with my new car manager and he said that we'd still honor the $1000 over invoice deal, but that we'd have to charge you the difference between the two model years. Before the final build, we will get prices and we'd be able to go over them with you to see if that's what you want to do. You never know, the vehicle might be built as an 05 still, we're just being told that it's going to be awhile before we get it. If you have any questions, give me a buzz!

Sincerely,

Danielle

This is the 2nd time I have heard this 06 thing and it has been from 2 different dealers. I am just going to hang in there and see how it goes.
70MACH1OWNERjavascript:emoticon(':bang:')
Old 1/19/05, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scott, some people that come into my dealership don't believe me when I say that the verts' will be a bit limited. They think that since it is a regular production car, that they don't need to order one, and will just wait till a dealer gets one. The truth is that if they are building say 180,000 Mustangs, and 30% (54,000) are GT's, out of that 30%, their probably figuring about another 30% GT Verts', which will make this car pretty hard to get, concidering how many people in the country love the new Mustang, and want one.

The IUP fiasco is fouling everyone up, and I hear it is backed up into Febuary at least. If you have the first ordered vert at that dealership, its up to you if you want to keep the car as it is, or change it to 18R. I personally would hold out a little more to see if the IUP shortage will calm down. Remember, the Job 1 date is tentatively Febuary 1st, but as always, FoMoCo can change this. And if you do have the first vert order, and it is before some other customers who ordered coupes with IUP, if a IUP interior becomes available when they start pulling vert orders, you might get a little lucky, Just trying to make sence out of that email, and help you out. hang in there, were all here to help.
Old 1/19/05, 04:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

05FORDGT,
You bet I am going to hang in there. I know for a fact as of 1/15/05 I have the only Vert on order at my dealer. They have not even ordered one for stock at that time. They have given my Vert a 10 priority. I want this car bad and am willing to wait to get what I want. Thanks for you help.
Scott
Old 1/19/05, 10:45 PM
V6 Member

Hey all just wanted to say hi and that I'm in for the same ride as you guys. I ordered my vert at the end of Dec on the Xplan and just hoping that this IUP delay doesnt hold up the verts for too long. Any word on if they are producing any yet with IUP? I know they had starting making a few without it. Just checking. Thanks.
Old 1/20/05, 11:46 AM
Cobra Member

Scott,

It sounds like what this dealership did was certainly deceptive advertising. I doubt you could make them give you the car, but I would report them to Ford and to the Better Business Bureau. Also, I think that the FCC can fine entities for falsely advertising their products and deals. It might not get you anywhere, but I would female dog about it. It would make me feel better at least.
Old 1/20/05, 03:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Tim,
I hear ya. It did **** me off at first. But, if I can just warn a few potential buyers of theirs to be careful and safely redirect them elsewhere that will be good enough for me. Anyone in the Dayton, Ohio knows who I am talking about. We have about 7 or 8 good size FoMoCo dealers in the area. Time will take care of the problem naturally.
Scott
Old 1/20/05, 07:03 PM

Are you guys finding any relationship over dealership(city) size and the dealers willingness to "deal", either honoring Xplan or at least not tacking on an adjustment?

I want to order a vert, but I'm waiting for the IUP to calm down. Do you have any idea when the factory might switch over production from 05 to 06 models? I'm assuming there will be virtually no changeover and/or shutdown of the assembly to do so.
Old 1/27/05, 09:59 PM
V6 Member

I got my vert ordered with Xplan no problems what so ever. Comes in under 30,000 before taxes. I was happy.
Old 1/28/05, 08:56 AM
V6 Member

Ordered mine last night. Being submitted today. Couldn't find dealer that would do x-plan on the vert. But they did sell to me at about $400 under MSRP because I was eligible for x-plan, so I feel like I did OK. So now it's time to hurry up and wait.
Old 1/28/05, 05:52 PM
V6 Member

sdaughe I ordered mine from Fayetteville Ga just south of Atlanta and about an hour and half from Woodstock. They took Xplan there. If its worth the drive to get a cheaper car you should check it out there. I can give you my salesman's name and number and you can call them and just see how things are, Let me know.
Old 2/3/05, 11:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by htwag@January 15, 2005, 5:26 PM
My dealer offered me a V6 at sticker - just a tad below $28500 ...-
Holy Smokes

....that much for a V6?
Old 2/3/05, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MachWon@January 14, 2005, 3:42 PM
No, they don't fill customer orders first. I found this out waiting most
of a year for my Mach 1 to be delivered.

Yea but thats because Ford didnt make ANY Machs untill well into the 03MY.
Old 2/3/05, 11:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered mine 11-3 and im still on material hold for IUP also but im gonna hold out cus its still freezing here in MI and hopefully i get mind before summer is here.....im the second to order vert from my dealer
Old 2/4/05, 10:41 PM
GT Member

Regarding pricing, I ordered my '05 GT Deluxe convertible on 1-31 and had no problem finding a dealer in my rural area who would sell it at invoice. I used to order X plan, but when they changed the plan a few years ago, it ended up slightly over invoice so I stopped doing that. I found 2 dealers in my area willing to sell it to me at invoice, and went with the one I've bought my last 2 cars from. But I have no idea if I will ever actually get the car due to all the delays, though. So far, my dealer hasn't been told there is a delay due to the IUP which I had to order in order to get side airbags. He did say Ford told them to advise possibly a 12 week wait for convertibles.

Quick Reply: Convertible Orders