2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

compliments to the Designers of the new Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/05, 06:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Untill lately, I was an old school mustanger. I owned a 1968 (my first car in 1978) and later bought a 66 with pony interior/factory air. I watched in the early 80's as the "Boss is back". I was prejudice against the new mustangs. I read happily about how Mustang Monthly put up 65 GT's in a heads up drag race against the new comers and won again and again. As Ford upped the performance of the new breed. MM had to dip into the bag and start using the BOSS 302's to still beat the new cars.

Well, many years in the Marine Corps and the moving around it caused, I sold both of my cars and kids and 4 door cars took over. I kind of followed the new cars with passing interest till I saw a new 05G T on the dealer lot. Not my color choice, but put the seed in my head.

I sold my motorcycle and Rodeo and started to put away some overtime and I recently ordered a 06 Mustang GT (too late for an 05). I have read many forums and seen plenty of pics. We are blessed that Ford gave us such a fantastic car to mod. It has so many different facets of the origional. The front of a 67,68...with fog lights of a 69. side of a 1966 and the rear of a 65/66 or 70's model. It has been customized as a Mach 1, Boss, Shelby (you pic your year), classic 67-69 look or just plain wild.

In short, we were given, though not a blank canvas, a canvas with some vague lines and color choices by Ford.

Thanks Ford

my thoughts and yours are welcome
Old 9/9/05, 07:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great post Ryant!!

Welcome and congratulations on your soon to arrive Stang!!
Old 9/9/05, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by traffic142@September 9, 2005, 8:53 AM
Untill lately, I was an old school mustanger. I owned a 1968 (my first car in 1978) and later bought a 66 with pony interior/factory air. I watched in the early 80's as the "Boss is back". I was prejudice against the new mustangs. I read happily about how Mustang Monthly put up 65 GT's in a heads up drag race against the new comers and won again and again. As Ford upped the performance of the new breed. MM had to dip into the bag and start using the BOSS 302's to still beat the new cars.

Well, many years in the Marine Corps and the moving around it caused, I sold both of my cars and kids and 4 door cars took over. I kind of followed the new cars with passing interest till I saw a new 05G T on the dealer lot. Not my color choice, but put the seed in my head.

I sold my motorcycle and Rodeo and started to put away some overtime and I recently ordered a 06 Mustang GT (too late for an 05). I have read many forums and seen plenty of pics. We are blessed that Ford gave us such a fantastic car to mod. It has so many different facets of the origional. The front of a 67,68...with fog lights of a 69. side of a 1966 and the rear of a 65/66 or 70's model. It has been customized as a Mach 1, Boss, Shelby (you pic your year), classic 67-69 look or just plain wild.

In short, we were given, though not a blank canvas, a canvas with some vague lines and color choices by Ford.

Thanks Ford

my thoughts and yours are welcome

Amen, brother !!!
You couldn't have said it better !!!!!!!!!!
Old 9/9/05, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulation Ryland. You just summed up why so many of us were drawn to this car.
Old 9/9/05, 02:09 PM
V6 Member

I completely agree. I never liked "Fox body" Mustangs in the slightest. I always thought they looked dumb and cheap and generic. I never gave them a second glance.

But with the redesign, and after reading all the good things they did with 2005+ model line, I had to buy one.
Old 9/9/05, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Very well put! I've been a fan of Mustangs since I was three years old; in fact my earliest memory is of Christmas 1966 when my aunt gave me a plastic Fastback as a gift. Bright red, it was.

But as life would have it, I could never afford one. Until now.

When I saw the final design last year, I told my wife that since the Jeep was paid off and I never really bought a lot for myself, I was going to get a new Mustang. To my everlasting shock she told me that was fine, we could afford it, and they were kinda cute! She is, after all, a woman.

After living with it daily for the last three months and change, I have come to the conclusion that my Mustang GT is the perfect car. It is a rear-drive American V8 with 300hp, that also has a five-star safety rating and gets close to 30mpg if I drive modestly (which leaves me a bit of a reserve for those times when I don't feel like driving modestly ).

:worship:
Old 9/9/05, 04:42 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Of course I agree about the styling of the new Mustang. One major styling cue I wish they would have used though is the 60's Mustang's "shoulder" or hump just in front of the rear wheel well. (this also would have brought the door height down making it easier to hang your arm out of the window) Otherwise, I don't think they could have done much better.

On a side note, I have to defend the Fox. A '79-'93 Coupe has more of the "spirit" of the original Mustang styling than any of the so-called retro 94-04 ever could. Long nose. Short trunk. If this isn't classic '65 Mustang coupe, nothing is. It's plain Jane, just like the '65.
Old 9/9/05, 05:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by traffic142@September 9, 2005, 8:53 AM
I sold both of my cars and kids...
wait what?

haha yeah, I agree with almost all of what your saying exept now that the 05 has come out, Ive found a new liking for the foxes, before I never really liked them but now, I think, hey, a RWD car that isn't that slow with a 5.0, plus, a fox is the only mustang I can come close to affording right now.

allthough I'd love a new 05 and think they are darn near perfect and have even recommended them to my dad, My only chance to have fun in my own mustang right now is a fox.
Old 9/9/05, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm with ya Ryland. My username shows how long I've been waiting to be "into" cars. I had to sell my '66 Emberglo vert back in '84 to help pay rent. It was that or move back in with my parents. (There have been many times that I wish I had done just that.) OMG I loved that car! Since then, Mustangs have done nothing for me. I'm on my third home, I have one daughter in college, and my main hobby for the last 12 years has been gardening! It has been 20 years since I cared whether my car was clean or not, or even considered it anything more than a means to get from Pt. A to Pt. B. Then comes the '05. I am 20 years younger while driving it, listening to the same music I listened to 20 years ago, and back in a car that I am proud to own. I probably spend at least an hour or two every day on this website. (Like I have no life, or something?) After brainwashing myself for over a year with '05 this and '05 that, I still can't get enough. After taking delivery of my GT three months ago, I still go into the garage just to look at it, and I've decided that there would be very few classic Mustangs that I would trade for it. Now I'm spending all my money on mods, and consider the car a member of the family. Ford couldn't have done a better job.

By the way, what did you get for the kids? I'd like a Vortec!
Old 9/9/05, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by THRUST_@September 9, 2005, 7:04 PM
wait what?

haha yeah, I agree with almost all of what your saying exept now that the 05 has come out, Ive found a new liking for the foxes, before I never really liked them but now, I think, hey, a RWD car that isn't that slow with a 5.0, plus, a fox is the only mustang I can come close to affording right now.

allthough I'd love a new 05 and think they are darn near perfect and have even recommended them to my dad, My only chance to have fun in my own mustang right now is a fox.

I thought the same thing...I think he meant he considered his two cars his kids.
Old 9/9/05, 07:40 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by StangNut@September 9, 2005, 5:45 PM
On a side note, I have to defend the Fox. A '79-'93 Coupe has more of the "spirit" of the original Mustang styling than any of the so-called retro 94-04 ever could. Long nose. Short trunk. If this isn't classic '65 Mustang coupe, nothing is. It's plain Jane, just like the '65.
I foolishly sold my '90 Coupe 3 years ago and still think is was a big mistake. Now I wait for its worthy successor, the one I've ordered.
Old 9/9/05, 07:46 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NJ3... nice Mustang...
Old 9/9/05, 07:48 PM
GT Member

How could you not like the Fox though. I still have mine and waiting for its brother.
Old 9/10/05, 12:47 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Sweet Foxes!!!!!!
Man I miss mine so much. Had two '88 LX 5.0's.
One of these days I'll have one again.
Old 9/10/05, 12:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Very well written

I am a big fan of all Mustangs, man those Foxes are nice
Old 9/10/05, 03:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

My first car in high school was a 68 too...got it around 89 or so... always loved the 64 1/2 - 68's. No car has gotten me giddy until I saw the 05's... just had to have a Mustang again.
Old 9/10/05, 03:57 AM
Cobra R Member

ok, should have used a comma or one of those grammer things. It should have read....I sold my cars, started a family and had 2 kids, and let 4 door cars take over.

come to think of it, a vortex would have been nice :-)

thanks for the great replys
Old 9/10/05, 01:44 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by nyyankee@September 9, 2005, 8:51 PM
How could you not like the Fox though. I still have mine and waiting for its brother.

That's really nice looking

?T-Bird wheels?
Old 9/10/05, 07:57 PM
V6 Member

I agree with stangnut, just a bit of a hip would have made this car perfect. Oh well, she ain't so bad now. Guess I'll keep her...
Old 9/10/05, 08:39 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@September 10, 2005, 2:47 PM
That's really nice looking

?T-Bird wheels?
hahahah, NO, stock 93 cobra wheels

Quick Reply: compliments to the Designers of the new Mustang