2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Colour combos!

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/05, 12:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just checking the options for the new 'vert on the Ford.ca website.....it seems the colour combo I had my heart set on isn't going to happen. In fact, looks like I won't be getting a Sonic blue 'vert at all. The only colour availible with it is parchment! And there's no way I'm buying a car with a beige interior or roof. Why is it Ford doesn't offer customers what they want? Who determines what colour combos are availible? The range of interiors is availible on the Sonic Blue coupe, why not the ragtop? *sigh* I might have to go with white or black after all. (I'd go red, but the last two ragtops I have had were red)

Sorry, had to vent a little...

-Steve
Old 1/15/05, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GhostTiger@January 15, 2005, 12:36 PM
I was just checking the options for the new 'vert on the Ford.ca website.....it seems the colour combo I had my heart set on isn't going to happen. In fact, looks like I won't be getting a Sonic blue 'vert at all. The only colour availible with it is parchment! And there's no way I'm buying a car with a beige interior or roof. Why is it Ford doesn't offer customers what they want? Who determines what colour combos are availible? The range of interiors is availible on the Sonic Blue coupe, why not the ragtop? *sigh* I might have to go with white or black after all. (I'd go red, but the last two ragtops I have had were red)

-Steve
Actually the combination of Sonic Blue and Parchment don't look that bad. I saw a GT coupe in that combination last month.
But I do agree with you that Ford should offer the same color combinations that they offer on the coupe in the convertible.
Old 1/15/05, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd inquire with a dealer if they can switch tops if you have your heart set on Sonic Blue with Black top. May cost a little more, but why not invest a little time to see if they can do it and for how much? Better to pay a bit more and be really happy then pay less and not be as happy.
Old 1/15/05, 07:32 PM

When you open the color selection window, it seems to default to parchment for some colors- the icons for light graphite and charcoal have an X thru them as if they are not available. Click on the X icon for the color you want (light graphite or charcoal) and a window will open asking if you want to deselect parchment roof. Click Yes and you will be returned to the color window with the selection you want (eg. sonic with charcoal) and proceed to the next window. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Grant (V6 Windveil Blue convertible, Light Graphite leather, black roof).
Old 1/15/05, 08:29 PM
Cobra Member

I think they have some color blind people mixing n' match exteriors with interiors colors. Hideous choices.
Old 1/15/05, 08:30 PM
V6 Member

Hi Steve

Im pretty sure theres just a problem with there website . as i have ordered a Sonic blue with black roof and dark charcoal interior,

hope that helps you ,

Mark
Old 1/15/05, 11:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GhostTiger@January 15, 2005, 1:36 PM

-Steve
Sonic Blue is orderable with Dark Charcoal and Black roof or Light Graphite and Black roof or Medium Parchment with Parchment roof.
I have not checked Ford.ca, but the order guide reflects that and Tigger199's order is currently Clean/Unscheduled.

So relax, you will be able to get her the way you want.

I saw a Redfire convertible with the Medium Parchment interior and Parchment roof. There is nothing "Medium" about it. It is very light. It won't be any easier to keep clean than the white roof on previous Mustangs.

Sonic Blue with either Dark Charcoal or Light Graphite and Black roof will be a striking car.
Not as striking as Yellow but...
Old 1/15/05, 11:54 PM
FR500 Member

is there a way to get a black car with a rag top??
Old 1/16/05, 02:24 AM
V6 Member

Ok, thanks guys. I really do wonder about how they set up the website.....
By the way, Tigger, that's almost the same as I want to order, minus the upgraded wheels.

-Steve
Old 1/16/05, 07:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Steve, Play with the Ford Ca. website a bit . I was able to get your combo in. I'm certain its just a glitch ! Ford can't be that stupid,can they?????
Old 1/16/05, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Steve, I just did as Tom suggested and played around with the website a little bit. If you keep going back and clicking on the colors you want, eventually you come up with the combination you're looking for. Good luck!