2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Color me confused...

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/06, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Color me confused...

When I first looked at the 2007 models on Ford's website, I saw the Dove interior and it really caught my eye. I've since ordered the IUP and PTP on my Alloy, fully realizing that the seats do not come in that color on the website (although they should come in the lighter color like the parchment and chamois do). First, let me be sure: the Dove with the PTP seats are black, while the lighter colors like chamois and parchment get the colored seats. WTF? Just finished reading the 2007 brochure and the Premier Trim Package is described as this:

Dark Charcoal interior and carpet, and chamois, red, dark charcoal dove or parchment leather trimmed sport front bucket seats, rear seats, door trim insters and floor mats.

Doesn't this make it sound like the seats should be the same color as the trim? Am I missing something?
Old 9/8/06, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

No, you pretty much nailed it. The description is extremely misleading. The Dove listing should be a separate listing and read "Dove interior including door panels, lower dash panels and carpet with dark charcoal leather trimmed sport front bucket seats, rear seats, door trim inserts and floor mats."

We had a customer special order a Vista Blue GT conv with the Dove int and PTP. This was before there were any photos of it. Yeah, he was p!ssed when it showed up all funky. He rightfully declined the car and now he's on our GT Shelby list. Funny thing was that somebody saw the car two days later with that interior and bought it the same day.

All of our '07 reference books have it listed wrong. At least now we know to warn customers ahead of time if they want to order the Dove int.
Old 9/8/06, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Call me Crazy! If I could hae gotten real Dove seats, I would hae with Alloy!
Old 9/10/06, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

==First, let me be sure: the Dove with the PTP seats are black, while the lighter colors like chamois and parchment get the colored seats.==

That's correct. I collected pics of all of the interior color options and posted them here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51347
Old 9/12/06, 10:37 AM

Are you sure?

I was looking at the pictures of the parchment/black (camel/black) PTP interior (you got them from Bob/BeBeep). I ordered that scheme and was told it meant black interior with parchment seats and door panel insert (like your picture of chamois/black). Your pix make me very nervous, but then I referenced the 2007 brochure and it describes the interior SAP w/color accent package as "Graphite or Parchment interior with Dark Charcoal seats and interior trim." Wondering if that is what is pictured?

Great forum. I am brand spanking new. Lots of very nice car choices.
Old 9/12/06, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

the picture from bob/bebeep is what my car looks like with the KC interior. Just took delivery about 2 weeks ago
Old 9/12/06, 01:55 PM

Thanks, Scott. Did you order the Premier Trim w/ Color Accent Package (68B) or the Sport Appearance w/Color Accent Package (18M)? My dealer told me that 68B was the black interior with parchment seats & door inserts and that 18M was the parchment interior with charcoal seats & door inserts. Do you have an invoice or vehicle order form that you could check for me? Again, thank you so much.
Old 9/13/06, 10:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by scottstew
I was looking at the pictures of the parchment/black (camel/black) PTP interior (you got them from Bob/BeBeep). I ordered that scheme and was told it meant black interior with parchment seats and door panel insert (like your picture of chamois/black).
You were told wrong, and it is not surprising because Ford has described it incorrectly in the order guide as well as on their web site and most of the dealerships are thoroughly confused. The color schemes shown in that thread are what have been delivered. One of the guys in Canada ordered the PTP in parchment and was really PO'd when it arrived with black seats. He complained to Ford Canada and they acknowledged Ford screwed up the order guide. They said the color scheme as delivered was correct and that they were in the process of updating the order guide. So in summary, the thread pictures are all accurate and correct. The order guide and Ford web site are not. At least that's how it is for now
Old 9/13/06, 10:06 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks, Scott. Did you order the Premier Trim w/ Color Accent Package (68B) or the Sport Appearance w/Color Accent Package (18M)? My dealer told me that 68B was the black interior with parchment seats & door inserts and that 18M was the parchment interior with charcoal seats & door inserts. Do you have an invoice or vehicle order form that you could check for me? Again, thank you so much.
Again, he is incorrect. The PTP and SAP are the EXACT SAME color scheme. If ordered in parchment, both will have black seats. I suggest you send your dealer the link to the thread I posted and let him know he's giving out bad info. When I showed it to my Ford dealership, they were stunned! They are now using that thread to show people what they are ordering!
Old 9/14/06, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

You know what really ****es me off? Total incompetence by a major company! There has got to be one person in charge of having accurate information on their www.fordvehicles.com website and that person should be canned! Not only is the color misrepresented, but the whole interior scheme is! Sheesh!
Old 9/14/06, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Embalmer
You know what really ****es me off? Total incompetence by a major company! There has got to be one person in charge of having accurate information on their www.fordvehicles.com website and that person should be canned! Not only is the color misrepresented, but the whole interior scheme is! Sheesh!
I hear you - I wouldn't be overly thrilled if my ordered stang arrived with a different color/interior scheme than what I had ordered - correcting that site and order guides should be a number 1 priority!!
Old 9/14/06, 01:50 PM
Cobra Member

Exactly, and what is worse is there has been confirmation that they KNOW it is screwed up!!
Old 9/19/06, 09:12 AM

To Trey and all of the others, a huge thank you for following this issue. I shared this with my dealer and they said they would try to get to the bottom of it. We'll see...

What I find especially strange is that for the Red and Chamois PTP, it is built as it appears on the website/07 brochure. However, I guess for the dove or camel PTP, it comes out with a color scheme that looks like the SAP. Beyond strange.
Old 9/20/06, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

To Trey and all of the others, a huge thank you for following this issue. I shared this with my dealer and they said they would try to get to the bottom of it. We'll see...

What I find especially strange is that for the Red and Chamois PTP, it is built as it appears on the website/07 brochure. However, I guess for the dove or camel PTP, it comes out with a color scheme that looks like the SAP. Beyond strange.
You would think if they followed the parchment/chamois layout, the dove would have light grey colored seats along with the doors, etc.