Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleveland auto show yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/10, 06:15 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Cleveland auto show yesterday...

Show has shrunk kinda like the economy a bit, but still wanted to go look around...opinions are like whatever, but heres mine-

sat in a new camaro: I didnt care for the interior looks-wise before, but after actually sitting in it? that interior is a mess...wheel too small/odd shaped, the gage pods are tiny and seem 'far away', top of the door way too high, bottom of the roof/door opening way too low, felt claustrophobic somehow...GM needs to update that interior ASAFP. the door/roofline aint going anywhere, but surely they can do better with the rest of it. seriously wish I woulda recorded a few folks getting in and out of the camaro- saw a bunch of average sized looking folks doing contortionist routines gettin in and out- sadly comical to watch, our tax dollars wasted again...

sat in a new challenger: I REALLY liked that car...heard the interior was too plain, but I thought it was great- looked ok, everything in reach, comfortable, good visibility...it was a 'plum crazy' R/T with a white interior with purple trim- sounds gross huh? looked great. Think that was the best looking 'somewhat affordable' car at the show...think it was 36K as it sat- on great looking old school wheels to boot.

sat in a new mustang: I liked the look of the new interior, but after actually sitting in it, absolutely love the job Ford did on it- thats the best looking steering wheel Ive ever seen, and the rest looks REAL good. They had a silver '11 V6 there, loved the look of the nose- personally think the new GT500 is a bit too much nose, the new V6 is really great looking. still hate the taillamps/rear bumper enough to not want one at all, still hoping to see ford offer a optional rear bumper/taillight setup before 2014, but not holding my breath...great car, and looks great except I just cant get into that backend...did see Shelby took off about a foot of the black plastic that used to stick out the back- better, but a 'big butt' bumper when all one color...theres got to be a better option out there sooner or later. I also thik ford needs to get away from 'flat faced' wheels on the Mustang- deep dish (at least SOME depth) would sure look better.

If the mustang had a different rearend, or if the camaro had a adequate interior, a more traditional1st generation-ish camaro nose/taillamps the choice might be closer, but as they offer them right now, if I was to buy another car today(which I'm not) gotta say it would be a Challenger, poor reputation and all...that car just looks good enough to make it worth the risk
Attached Images   

Last edited by ford4v429; 3/1/10 at 06:22 PM.
Old 3/1/10, 06:46 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Agree with u on the challenger.
Old 3/1/10, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on the challenger!
Old 3/1/10, 06:55 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh yeah Tim, 2010 Mustang or Challenger? I'm going w/ the Challenger as well. I'd love to have one, that car just looks so freakin' good. 2009 Mustang vs Challenger I go w/ the Mustang and take the extra money to get a Bullitt. 2011 Mustang vs Challenger is a tough call, I think the 5.0 and beautiful motor may make up for the back end.
Old 3/2/10, 12:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The Challenger interior is nice, but not for a Challenger. Looks too much like the Magnum/300/Charger interior. Everything about the exterior SCREAMS throwback. Then they put the same interior from all their other cars in it and make a couple changes. Someone got lazy.
Old 3/2/10, 01:03 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
The Challenger interior is nice, but not for a Challenger. Looks too much like the Magnum/300/Charger interior. Everything about the exterior SCREAMS throwback. Then they put the same interior from all their other cars in it and make a couple changes. Someone got lazy.
Yeah, looking at the pic I forgot about that, but you're exactly right.
Old 3/2/10, 05:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
where are the rest of the pictures?
Old 3/3/10, 08:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll be there Sunday. Did you do the driving event Chevy has with the Camaro?

I was hoping there would be more than a V6 there, but I guess since they had a couple GT's and one or two GT500's last year, it's not a big deal.
Old 3/3/10, 09:40 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by John H
I'll be there Sunday. Did you do the driving event Chevy has with the Camaro?

I was hoping there would be more than a V6 there, but I guess since they had a couple GT's and one or two GT500's last year, it's not a big deal.
I didnt get a lot of pics- they had a new gt500 vert, and a trio of '11 models(500/gt/v6), pretty unchanged externally from 10, didnt have the hood up/doors open on the 11's though- darn it.

didnt do the chevy drive- the wife/kids did the jeep thing while I watched our 2 yr old...sitting in the camaro was enough for me...if they woulda been driving challengers or 5.0 mustangs, I'd have got in line cant wait to hear the 5.0- they switched back to the old firng order, wonder how its gonna sound
Old 3/3/10, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, that's cool then that they have more than just the one 2011 there. I'm curious to see what the Chevy drive thing is all about. I like the Camaro, not enough to own one, but enough to want to try the drive thing. I love that car from the outside, but the interior and trunk ruin it for me. Not to mention the new 5.0 returning in the Mustang would make it hard for me to choose a Camaro over a Mustang.

By the way, where are you located? I live in Eucild.
Old 3/4/10, 06:41 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by John H
Oh, that's cool then that they have more than just the one 2011 there. I'm curious to see what the Chevy drive thing is all about. I like the Camaro, not enough to own one, but enough to want to try the drive thing. I love that car from the outside, but the interior and trunk ruin it for me. Not to mention the new 5.0 returning in the Mustang would make it hard for me to choose a Camaro over a Mustang.

By the way, where are you located? I live in Eucild.
close to Canton here...sunny out today- praying for rain to wash the salt away soon, cant wait to park the minivan with the leaky muffler, and hear that 4.6 again

Saw a road and track at the dentists today, top ten had the SScamaro last place, gt500 5th- funny it said 'claustrophobic' about the interior- guess I'm not the only one oddly they said the steering wheel was huge, it seemed small to me- must be the severe offset center hub, it 'looks' both I guess.