2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

A Clean Rear End

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/05, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer gave me some trouble when i requested not to have it put on. He said that he would have to stand out when my car arrived and watch it to tell the detailers not to put it on. I said whatever it takes. I picked it up with no sticker. I just told them that there were many other dealers that would gladly take my money and produce a car without a dealer logo. needless to say it has no logo on it
Old 9/23/05, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Requested no sticker but they still put it on. Salesman offered to have it removed but I was too excited to get the car. took it off the next day. easily removed vinyl.
Old 9/23/05, 11:29 AM
GT Member

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I swear some of the dealer stickers take up a quarter of the trunk. I specifically told my dealer upon my order, then called right before it was delivered, to not put any logos of any kind. He made sure of it (great guy!) and said his manager wasn't too happy with that request. I told him to cry me a river
Old 9/23/05, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

when my car came in i told them not to touch anything wash it and mount the rear plate that`s all..i picked up my car with the plastic still on all the seats and the protections stickers as well....on the radio, dash ,sterring wheel ect... .....i peel and removed stuff when i felt like it...
Old 9/23/05, 01:28 PM
V6 Member

Does that really help business? I feel like its wasted effort on the part of the dealer.
Old 9/23/05, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by davetito@September 23, 2005, 12:31 PM
Does that really help business? I feel like its wasted effort on the part of the dealer.

Hey mike is your Focus orange? and do you live in Dearborn?
Old 9/23/05, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I forgot to tell the dealer anything, then I unexpectedly got the call it was in, and by the time I got there they had already preped it. But, no stickers.

Salesman told me they don't put them on anything because customers don't like it. Instead they just put a license plate frame on. And no front plates because they are close to Michigan.

I really liked my dealer experience.
Old 9/23/05, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I ordered the car from a salesman who is a friend of mine and told him right up front that I did not want a sticker on my car. I though the looked stupid and where really pointless. Also talked to the detail guy who prep's the car's that I did not want and sticker's on my car. I didn't mind if the put the plate frame on becasu the were not that bad looking. Thankfully the car came in and nary a sticker was found. Of course it did have a chip on the back bumper but they fixed it even before I saw the car and they did a great repair job. Repainted the whole back bumper, off the body of course. and it looked great till i got rear ended!! Oh well long story will now end!!!
Old 9/23/05, 07:11 PM
GT Member

I wrote "no dealer insigna" on the sales agreement before I signed it. They never even mentioned it!

I have to admit that I am amazed at how often people ask me where I bought it!
Old 9/23/05, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I took my car as it came off of the truck and did my own 'make ready'. My dealer was nice enough to comply with my wishes, but when I got there it ALREADY had one on it even though it still had shipping plastic all over it and was not very clean. It wasn't a big deal to take it off, but I thought they would pick up on how particular I was about evert single detail, and leave one off for a change.

On a side note, I ordered another car years ago and my salesman took it off in front of me with a disgusted look on his face. He knew me from a previous sale.
Old 9/24/05, 06:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Bookman@September 23, 2005, 11:19 AM
I was lucky and they used a tag holder but thats coming off. Speaking of clean rear ends. Has anybody noticed how much dust collects on the back of the car while driving? I have a Cali duster but dang, seems like its magnatized back there....

Considering your statement on Cal-duster, I now wonder if it is the duster itself? On my Cobra I use the duster 90% of the time and there is a lot of dust after just 8-10 miles. Now on the GT, I only use microfiber towels and detailer, there is only a quarter of the dust for the same distance. In fact the whole car is that way.

:nono: to dealer stickers. And on the ones that seem to be peeved about that. TFB, advertising has its costs, do you want to pay me monthly? I didn't think so.
Old 9/24/05, 07:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I told them I wasn't going to take delivery unless the car was clean of dealer stickers (especially important at this dealer, as they're a combined Ford/Chevy dealership, and their sticker has both logos, obviously to satisfy Mustang buyer's hankering for a chevy bowtie on their ride, and/or 'vette buyers that feel like a Ford logo )

Anyway, naturally they stickered it by the time I went to pick it up. Just as naturally, I stood there tapping my foot until it was removed before accepting the car.
Old 9/27/05, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by davetito@September 23, 2005, 2:31 PM
I recall an article in the Transportation section of the Chicago Tribune a few months back. Dealers consider their best form of advertising, in their words, the car's 'tattoo'.

I personally hate them. It seems like no one ever takes them off their cars. I think most people don't really care about cars, almost like they're a disposable commodity. I took the one off my wife's Escape almost immediately, but it was almost like they glued the thing on. It took a lot of time and bug remover to get rid of that thing. Fortunately, the dealer didn't even put a sticker on the back of my 'Stang when it was on the lot, and it had been there for three weeks. They had a plate frame on it, but didn't pay attention to the little marks to drill the fastener holes in the bumper cover and it was all crooked. I fixed that right away and gave them their frame back. I like the car looking good, just the way Ford meant it to.