2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Clam Down

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/04, 03:36 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Arvil19@October 31, 2004, 2:17 PM
The cars will get here when they get here. Calling customers service 10x a day isnt going to change anything.
its called excitement
Old 10/31/04, 03:37 PM
FR500 Member

and BTW to some people they arent just cars they r a way of life.
Old 10/31/04, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@October 31, 2004, 4:40 PM
and BTW to some people they arent just cars they r a way of life.
Have been mine since the 70's.
Saying that this is just a car would be like saying one of my kids is..............
just a kid.
Old 10/31/04, 04:46 PM
Cobra R Member

I agree. Some of you guys are just plain NUTS. It is just a car. If you had placed your order back in May as I did you would be in your ride now rather than P & M about it. Blame yourself as thats where it belongs. If you get all bent out of shape over a car what are you going to do when something serious comes along? You know they have to fill the 25000 plus preorders before anyone else. The dealers will not have theirs for months. The ones that do preordered in May
By the way it is a nice ride but I do not sleep in it.
05 GT in ST. Louis.
Old 10/31/04, 05:13 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If this is "just a car" then why all the hype? Explain why so many people stop and stare at the ones on the road, the people that stop owners to ask tons of questions....I'd say it is not "just a car" but the return of a legend.
Old 10/31/04, 05:19 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 31, 2004, 5:49 PM
I agree. Some of you guys are just plain NUTS. It is just a car. If you had placed your order back in May as I did you would be in your ride now rather than P & M about it. Blame yourself as thats where it belongs. If you get all bent out of shape over a car what are you going to do when something serious comes along? You know they have to fill the 25000 plus preorders before anyone else. The dealers will not have theirs for months. The ones that do preordered in May
05 GT in ST. Louis.
Quote "If you had placed your order back in May as I did you would be in your ride now rather than P & M about it. "
How does ordering on May 26th just to find out your car is going to be built week of Nov 9th!

Quote "Blame yourself as thats where it belongs." really? Nah, I'd rather blame the dealer since they didn't submit my order until Sept 10th.
Old 10/31/04, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 GT in ST. Louis.
There are people on this board that ordered along time ago, and haven't gotten theirs yet. Yet, people even on this board are coming in saying they've gotten it just off the lot from the dealership. There is no mythical 25000 plus preorders that they're filling before delivery to the dealership. 2005 mustangs are arriving daily on the lots as we sit here and wait for the cars that we ordered. I ordered mine in early October, so I'm not yet complaining about the car, because I ordered it the way I want it, and expect the delays involved with the building of it. However, for the other people that did order early on and still have not recieved their cars, that is total BS.
Old 10/31/04, 06:24 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Alls I can say is you all should feel fortunate. At least you have one on order, and it will be coming home. Things change and screw up around here so much, I don't even know when or how mine will be here. I quit spending the day making my husband go bald with worry, because well.......there is nothing I can do about it, so what's the point? Yea, I get sick and green when I think about others getting them, again, can't do a thing about it. Yea, I woke up feeling sick after sampling them yesterday, so be happy yours is coming home at least. You are all one step ahead of me.
Old 10/31/04, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

SIMMA DOWN NAW
Old 10/31/04, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 31, 2004, 6:16 PM
05 GT in ST. Louis.
Er...I ordered mine the first day the order banks were open. My car, just like adrenalin's wasn't actually ordered that day, since apparently "please order this car" isn't clear enough language (stupid dealer). It didn't get placed till maybe 3 weeks later. So in the grand scheme of things, it was still way early. VIN 102069

And still no car.

LOL you're right...it's not living and dying here...but we're supposed to get 3-7 inches of snow tonight...not the ideal Mustang weather.
Old 10/31/04, 08:16 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Ya my VIN is 118607, kinda high but oh well.What gets under my skin is I heard from another salesman that a guy came in late August and ordered a new stang and that it is to show up this week. So I talked to the sales manager and sure enough it is true. If they had not messed up I would already have my car, yet now I have to buy winter tires for something I don't even have yet.
Old 10/31/04, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

way to get your 'stangs just in time for them to be locked up in the shed...how convenient.
Old 10/31/04, 08:38 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I believe I may just calm myself on off for a while. WTF is the point of obsessing over something like this? Its insane, and I honestly believe its unhealthy. Sure isn't gonna get me my car faster.
Old 10/31/04, 08:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

lol...murphy's law lives on...anything that can go wrong will go wrong, but look on the bright side, you will be getting a new mustang...eventually.
Old 10/31/04, 09:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We all want our new mustangs. Having done some reach on production of mustangs over the years, I figured the new one 2005 model will be in the 500,000 build area at the minimum. With that many new mustangs to build it will be hard to expect instant arrival. Building mustangs is not like ordering a cheeseburger at your local Dairy Queen. I gave the dealership my deposit on 25 September and told them not to put the order in until January 2005. The new mustang is expected to arrive at the end of May 2005 which suits me fine. Until then I have my 98 Stang to drive around. Patience man....patience!
Old 10/31/04, 09:55 PM
Cobra R Member

My dealer treated me right in ordering right away but I did pay sticker price. There was a guy waiting no BS to write a check if I did not take it. Not sure it means anything but my VIN is 1ZVHT82H555100761. maybe someone can tell us as people on this forum are so well informed. I would post a photo but do not know how. I can send it in a E mail if someone can post it for me. Yes it does draw attention where ever I go and I get a lot of thumbs up. Being the first one in my area is great. This is the only time I have ever been first at anything. It is well worth the wait but not worth making heck for your mate or yourself sick. This one is a GT stick, not a winter car for sure . I plan to order an automatic in March. Dealer said eight to ten weeks for delivery and I will pay invoice +500. By the way if you pay full price ask your sales manager for a FORD jacket in on the deal. Try Valley Ford if you are in the ST. louis area. Ask for TRACY. Buy and I get 100 bucks
for beer at the next Super Bowl party. YEA Tell him Bill sent YA. They sell SVTs here too.
Old 10/31/04, 09:59 PM
Cobra Member

I've been following the development of this car for several years. SEVERAL. If I had placed an order "x" months ago and were still waiting on the car, I too would be "clamming up."

This is just a car, but it is also an investment, a part of a paycheck, the result of hard work and determination, and a great and fun way to pass time. Some of us buy cars for the fun factor. A car is just a car only when you use it for transportation from point 'a' to point 'b.' Mustangs ARE the point.
Old 11/1/04, 12:00 AM
V6 Member

When is the earliest you can place orders for new year models?
Old 11/1/04, 12:04 AM
Bullitt Member

i aint clamin down 4 no one
Old 11/1/04, 12:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hehehe...
"Sayin this is just a car is like..."

... saying an F-14 is just a plane
... saying one of ponyboy66's kids is just a kid
... saying the Super Bowl is just a game
... saying Amy V6 is just a normal girl