2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Changes that have shown up on the '07

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/06, 08:11 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Changes that have shown up on the '07

I don't know how many have noticed, but as I was doing the mods to my '07 over the last couple days, I noticed a couple things that have changed since my '05.

First is the seat-belt strap, it's not magnetic any more, now it's a plastic snap. Also, I thought there was one on the passenger side too, but there's not on the '07 power passenger seat I have.

Second, is the emergency trunk release handle. They got smart, and got rid of that speck of velcro they tried to hang it from before. Now it's held in a clip, nice and firm.

Third, the torx bit is no longer needed to get the liner at the back of the trunk off, for getting to the tail lights, etc. Those screws are now topped off by a wing nut, built in to it.

And on the sides, I seem to recall just a plastic push-lock holding the trunk carpet up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the cargo net kit came with speed nuts that had to be put in place behind the carpet so you could screw in the hooks the net hangs off of. Now they use real bolts up there, which already have the speed nuts in place. Of course, I forgot to get the hooks out of my old car, so I can't use the cargo net until I figure that out, but I did finally get the organizer in place.

The light sockets on the tail lights are different, and I didn't want to screw with it since it's not the same as in the Webelectric Products manual for the splice-in kit I bought in June. So I've send him a question about it, and will have to wait on the tail light sequencers a little longer.

I'll add as many pics of these changes as I can, and when/if I find something else, put it in here. If anyone else finds stuff I miss, feel free to throw then in here, too.

I'm also going to start a thread with the mods I've done to my 3 day old car. The first ones went on with 30 miles on the odometer, and the Flowmasters were on with less than 75 miles.
Attached Thumbnails Changes that have shown up on the '07-snap1.jpg   Changes that have shown up on the '07-snap2.jpg   Changes that have shown up on the '07-pass_strap.jpg   Changes that have shown up on the '07-trunkrelease.jpg   Changes that have shown up on the '07-wingnut.jpg  

Changes that have shown up on the '07-side_nut.jpg   Changes that have shown up on the '07-taillights1.jpg   Changes that have shown up on the '07-socket.jpg  
Old 7/23/06, 08:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by jayguy
I don't know how many have noticed, but as I was doing the mods to my '07 over the last couple days, I noticed a couple things that have changed since my '05.

First is the seat-belt strap, it's not magnetic any more, now it's a plastic snap. Also, I thought there was one on the passenger side too, but there's not on the '07 power passenger seat I have.

Second, is the emergency trunk release handle. They got smart, and got rid of that speck of velcro they tried to hang it from before. Now it's held in a clip, nice and firm.
Third, the torx bit is no longer needed to get the liner at the back of the trunk off, for getting to the tail lights, etc. Those screws are now topped off by a wing nut, built in to it.
The light sockets on the tail lights are different, and I didn't want to screw with it since it's not the same as in the Webelectric Products manual for the splice-in kit I bought in June. So I've send him a question about it, and will have to wait on the tail light sequencers a little longer.
Very Interesting.
My late '06 has the trunk release holder,the wing nuts and seatbelt snaps on BOTH sides with manual pass. seat.
I bought the '06 full harness for the tailights. Yours looks just like the ones I took off.
Old 7/23/06, 08:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i noticed the same things on the 06 at the show today. However one thing that is def. different is the coolant hose routing under the hood, i took pics at the show, i will post them tomorow.
Old 7/23/06, 09:30 PM

Hadn't noticed the coolant hose routing, I'll have to look. I send an e-mail to WebElectric, and found out that the sockets did change in '06, not '07. I am sending back my splice-in kit, and will get the pre-wired this time instead. I haven't used anything out of the kit, so he's gonna give me credit for that against the pre-wired. Great customer support, for sure.
Old 7/23/06, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

There's a thread on here of another thing that has changed on the 07's, the A/C control *****. Aftermarket ***** for the 05/ 06 will not work on the 07 because it doesn't have the push-on type ***** anymore.
Old 7/24/06, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

yeah i noticed the a/c ***** actually look a little different. but whichever. I wonder if anything else changed under the hood?
Old 7/24/06, 11:50 AM

I had read about the A/C ***** before picking up my car, and noticed they aren't as long as they used to be, I presume so the front panel can fit over then, instead of the other way around like before. I always thought the stock ***** in my '05 felt a little cheap. These do feel just a little better, but not much. Can't wait to see what SilverHorse comes up with for replacements.
Old 7/24/06, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jayguy

wanted to say thanks for the heads up your giving us, and pics, for the differences. I know that looking at your car is making me want mine to come in even more(if that's possible).

She's a beauty.
Old 7/26/06, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Easiest way to tell an '07 (without looking at the VIN) is that the headlight reflectors are different. Gone is the little shield that hides the bulb. Also, the strut towers under the hood are narrower on all '07's to accomodate the wider engine on the GT500.
Attached Thumbnails Changes that have shown up on the '07-headlight.jpg   Changes that have shown up on the '07-engine1.jpg