2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Changed my color to black...

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/05, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been back and forth on color forever, and I was REALLY close to changing from white to black. I sent an email to a co-worker of mine who owns a black 2005 C6 and asked his opinion. Here's what he said (with a few edits to clean it up for the kids):

"I have owned three white cars and I think it is a p***y color….I regretted owning white vehicles. Girls get white mustangs. Black is an absolute b***h to keep clean, but you are allowed to carry a wallet that says ‘Bad Mother F***er’ when you own a black bad a** sports car."

So I changed my color and ordered my wallet.

Sean
Old 2/2/05, 06:08 PM
Big Falken Tires

I ALWAYS wanted a black car.

And a buddy of mine told me the same thing - you getting a bad hiney car like a GT Mustang? Get it in black....

I'll tell ya - it is tougher to keep it %100 sparkling.... but it it worth it.
When you see it for the first time, you will know it.....
Old 2/2/05, 06:22 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where'd u get the wallet??
Old 2/2/05, 06:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Seriously, I want that wallet!!! Let me know if you honestly know where to get it (like the one Samuel Jackson has in Pulp Fiction).
But, don't make your car color choice based on someones perception of your masculinity. Get what YOU like. And I have a black Jeep, buy lots of wax, be prepared to walk long distances, don't park under any trees, drive at least 25 yards behind the car in front of you... I could go on. I'm getting red this time, but good luck. I'm not telling you to change your mind, just saying after you get it, be prepared to excersise great caution for a long time, or you will regret it.
WHERE DO I GET THE WALLET???
Old 2/2/05, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I agree! I have had two red stangs, two yellow stangs and now my first black one.

Let me tell you; black, there is no substitute!
Old 2/2/05, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ejdoura@February 2, 2005, 7:34 PM

Let me tell you; black, there is no substitute!
Sure there is - white!
Old 2/2/05, 06:41 PM
I lust for a M24

OK, I don't want to change the thread... but for anyone interested, there is 54 wallets on ebay. Search 'bad mother wallet' And, yes you can get it in black too. Pardon the interruption... now back to topic.
Old 2/2/05, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I've had black cars before and the thing I don't like about them is the way black hides the lines of the car. You have little or no shadow to show the lines of the car this makes it kind of look flat.
Just my 2 cents

Like 05GT-O.C.D. said get what you like not what you think others like. After all you will be the one driving it not them.
Old 2/2/05, 07:07 PM
GT Member

So let me get this straight, white is a p**** color that girls get??? Offense taken

Just makes it that much sweeter when some dude acts all cocky thinking he can beat me just cuz I'm a girl in a WHITE Mustang. They don't seem to take it well.

I hope you get the color that you want and that you enjoy many miles when she arrives.
Old 2/2/05, 07:08 PM
I lust for a M24

...also, ask someone who's had their black car for a while. Not someone who just got their 05 C6. He'll likely change his mind in just a couple of years from now. Short term, black might be the best. Long term... you'll likely regret it.
Old 2/2/05, 07:42 PM
Cobra Member

The only problem with black is that the grille and trim and anything else that's black gets lost in the rest of the black paint. There's very little contrast; I think the lines of the car tend to get drowned out in anything but the most complimentary lighting. (For example, the bar between the grille and the headlamp assemblies virtually disappears.)

On the other hand, the car DOES look pretty ominous in black! I don't care for the white; every one I've seen has long black streaks running down the sides of the car. I don't know if it was the glue from the c-pillar window seal or the door window weatherstripping. It looked awful. :notnice:

My '71 Super Bee was black and had blacked out bumpers. It was a pain to keep clean, but like others have posted, was a great excuse to spend some quality time outside! Best of luck with your decision. You really can't go wrong if it's a Mustang.
Old 2/2/05, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

As a person who has owned 3 black cars (1 currently), 2 red, 3 white (1 currently), 1 gray, 2 silver, 1 aqua, 1 orange. 1 green (currently), 1 blue...none of the colors define ME!

As for white being a girl's color, that is just absurd. Ever seen a Falcon 427 SOHC Thunderbolt? A 65 Shelby GT350? Most Ford FX cars? They are usually white. Hardly "girlie" LOL
White = clean & purposeful....maybe even elegant on a pure design.

If you have a preference, fine, but don't denegrate other people's choices by insulting them. The reverse is just as bad......does a black car imply a woman want's to be manly? That's equally absurd. Their choice is just as valid as yours.

If you want to discuss red/yellow/orange cars getting more speeding tickets, you can find evidence of that.
Old 2/2/05, 08:11 PM
GT Member

Black rules, who cares what anyone else says?
Old 2/2/05, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally posted by 2005 Black GT@February 2, 2005, 9:14 PM
Black rules, who cares what anyone else says?
Black cars are sweet but having owned a black '68 Cougar in hot, hot, hot southeast Texas, I won't buy another black car (no matter how much I want one!).
Old 2/2/05, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lol, honestly guys I did not mean to offend anyone here, I just thought it was funny how he said it. You have to remember, I work with this guy, so he will take ANY chance he can get to make fun of me.

With that said, my dad's 69 Mach 1 was black, and he is POSITIVE that I need to get a black 2005. I've been back and forth on this, and was ordering white due to the Discovery Channel special on the buildup of the white 05 in Canada. I've seen the black in person, as well as the white (and silver, and mineral grey, and torch red, and redfire), and I KNOW that I will be happier with the black.

Sean
Old 2/2/05, 08:46 PM
GT Member

None taken, I've been known to say much worse if provoked. As long as you're happy with the color you choose that's all that matters!
Old 2/2/05, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Normally I'd say white is boring, and it seems on most cars thats true. But I think that in the 2005 body style, white would be my first or second choice. With nice wide blue racing stripes, of course. Yum.

Black is nice too, but it would be pretty far down my list as far as colors go. I think if I didn't get white, it would be torch red or screaming yellow.

Dave
Old 2/2/05, 10:43 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@February 2, 2005, 7:11 PM
I ALWAYS wanted a black car.

And a buddy of mine told me the same thing - you getting a bad hiney car like a GT Mustang? Get it in black....

I'll tell ya - it is tougher to keep it %100 sparkling.... but it it worth it.
When you see it for the first time, you will know it.....
dont click link if u dont like bad language mkay?
http://www.badmofowallets.com
woot i ordered one lol
Old 2/3/05, 05:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

seems you see alot more white race cars than black ones. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the all girls sports league either. As others have said, black is hot, hard to keep clean, shows dings, scratches and swirl marks and hides the features and the car itself in the crowd.

White isn't as hot, easier to keep clean, hides the marks better and stands out a little more (but, not as much as red or orange). If I were you (which I'm not), I'd switch back.

I guess that is why they offer them in so many colors.
Old 2/3/05, 06:26 AM
Bullitt Member

K...lets calm down. No need for everyone to get offended over something meant in jest...

(p.s. BLACK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Quick Reply: Changed my color to black...