2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Change on the horizon

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/11, 09:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Change on the horizon

on this coming Veterans Day my GT will be 7 yrs old. I've had great fun with it and almost no trouble, but I feel I need a change. I was able to pay it off early so it's mine free and clear. All of my credit cards and bills will be paid off in the next 12-18 months so I've been thinking about getting a new vehicle. The top 3 choices would be an SRT8 Dodge Challenger, Ford F-150 pickup or a Corvette. And yes I know that these choices are a little spread out, they are cars that I like and would enjoy owing. The reason I'm not getting another Mustang just come's down to the fact I've now owned one and would like something different. I know the Challenger is more of a looks car due to the fact that it come's up short on the performance end, but I test drove one a year ago and actually liked it. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to be clear about what I'm thinking of. If you have any other idea's, feel free to thow them out for all to see.
Old 7/7/11, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by area5179
on this coming Veterans Day my GT will be 7 yrs old. I've had great fun with it and almost no trouble, but I feel I need a change. I was able to pay it off early so it's mine free and clear. All of my credit cards and bills will be paid off in the next 12-18 months so I've been thinking about getting a new vehicle. The top 3 choices would be an SRT8 Dodge Challenger, Ford F-150 pickup or a Corvette. And yes I know that these choices are a little spread out, they are cars that I like and would enjoy owing. The reason I'm not getting another Mustang just come's down to the fact I've now owned one and would like something different. I know the Challenger is more of a looks car due to the fact that it come's up short on the performance end, but I test drove one a year ago and actually liked it. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to be clear about what I'm thinking of. If you have any other idea's, feel free to thow them out for all to see.
Of ur choices... the Vette. (New?)

What i would pick...

-e92 m3. (D@mn expensive if new)
-e92 335is
-ford raptor (favorite truck ever!)
-used viper?
-a classic car (think 68 mustang)

Edit:
Also,
-new Mitsu Evo/WRX STI
-nissan gtr (couple years old, idk what your price range is. I know an f150 can get pretty expensive)

If you wanna get cheaper price range,
-used 335i
-new 1M
-07-10 Shelby
-nissan leaf.

Last edited by SoFlo Mustang; 7/7/11 at 10:18 PM.
Old 7/7/11, 10:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Raptor! that's an F150

You won't regret it.
Old 7/7/11, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Raptor! that's an F150

You won't regret it.
Agreed! id get it over the mustang v6 im looking at. Only if they had some used ones...... :'(
Old 7/7/11, 10:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The Evo and the WRX STi are also one's I'd like. Like I said above I'm still just thinking out loud but I'm leaning toward something new or within the past 5 years or so. But good ideas so far!!!
Old 7/7/11, 10:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I take it for granted because I get to drive it as a daily driver, but it is a treat. When I wear it out I hope they still make them so I can get another.
Old 7/7/11, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I take it for granted because I get to drive it as a daily driver, but it is a treat. When I wear it out I hope they still make them so I can get another.
Ill buy urs

But to the OP, the WRX/Evo road is not a bad one... AWD is just stupid fun at times xD

I was in a friends (i think) '10 Evo. Neck snapping torque.

Last edited by SoFlo Mustang; 7/7/11 at 10:28 PM.
Old 7/7/11, 10:27 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
I love the Mustangs, but gotta admit I like the looks of the challenger more. personally I wouldnt crave a truck or a corvette, no good reason, just not for me...
Old 7/8/11, 04:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would find a Shelby, make sweet love to it, then maybe buy it.

Regardless, let us know what you decide.
Old 7/11/11, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corvette. You can't beat a Corvette for the price... it's not possible.
Old 7/11/11, 03:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by G Wrecks
Corvette. You can't beat a Corvette for the price... it's not possible.
Performance wise, your right.

Maybe a couple yr old Z06?
Old 7/13/11, 02:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I cant see how anyone would be happy driving a truck after they have driven a Mustang, a truck is comfy but big, tall , uses more gas , and boring. A Vett is nice, for a sunday afternoon drive. Sits real low, not a practical daily driver. My second choice would be a BMW 1 series coupe. Good looks, BMW quality and handling, 300 hp, only downside is expensive mantenance.

Dodge Challenegr is a nice family, four door, sporty car, Dodge isnot known for quality though. Mitsubihi EVO, WRX are nice, for an econo box, they just dont excite me. Nothing is as exciting as the exhaust note on my Mustang, no car has that wondefull growl, not even cars twice as expensive as a Viper. I talked to a guy about his Viper, he didnt sound like he lked it. Sits too low, not real practical, and as he drove off, I was like, wheres the exhaust note??? All that hp and money, and is sounds like a cadi !!! Thats my 2 cents....
Old 7/13/11, 05:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Im getting rid of my 07 gt today. Ive got alot of time and money into it but im also craving a change. Im going with a 2011 jeep wrangler rubicon. Would love any bmw m series or an evo but cant find one that wont cost me an arm and a leg to own.
Old 7/13/11, 08:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

@ Runfox

A Regular C6 corvette is a great daily driver. Yes it does sit low, but it is very well behaved on city streets. The only reason I know this is because in '05 my dad bought one and had it for a couple of years. He didn't use it as a daily driver (he couldn't, he is a general contractor and needs a truck every now and then), but on the days that he didn't need his truck, he drove it.
Old 7/13/11, 09:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I was looking at going the truck route due to some weather concerns. Here in South Jersey we've gotten slammed the last couple years with snow and my street usually doesn't get plowed till a couple days after the snow stops. I first looked at an F-350 diesel crew with 8ft bed cause if I'm getting a truck, THEN I'M GETING A TRUCK! But after I priced 1 out on Ford's website it's out of my price range, So I may go with an F-150 or even a Ranger. As for a Viper, it's not happening. I want to still be alive after my first week with the thing. Way to many youtube vid's of "gross overestimation of driving skills". I still find myself leaning toward the Challenger though and all the idea's have been great. So the saga continues and I'll keep things turning while I make up my mind!
Old 7/13/11, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by area5179
I was looking at going the truck route due to some weather concerns. Here in South Jersey we've gotten slammed the last couple years with snow and my street usually doesn't get plowed till a couple days after the snow stops. I first looked at an F-350 diesel crew with 8ft bed cause if I'm getting a truck, THEN I'M GETING A TRUCK! But after I priced 1 out on Ford's website it's out of my price range, So I may go with an F-150 or even a Ranger. As for a Viper, it's not happening. I want to still be alive after my first week with the thing. Way to many youtube vid's of "gross overestimation of driving skills". I still find myself leaning toward the Challenger though and all the idea's have been great. So the saga continues and I'll keep things turning while I make up my mind!
STI/Evo still on ur plate?

Good for bad weather! Plus very fun, and a lot of aftermarket available