2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

cervinis concept hood or trufiber gt-r hood?

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/11, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cervinis concept hood or trufiber gt-r hood?

What's up guys I am trying to decide which hood to get.

Cervinis hood

Cervinis is well known and the concept hood is very sleek to me. The problem I have is you have you buy the air kit separate. I think you have to use their hood strut kit too.

Trufiber hood

This gt r hood seems to have a higher rise and taller openings but the with of the openings is smaller. Air kits built in and its the cheapest on cruzinconceptswholesale.com

Problem with both is no heat extractors but that's not a deal breaker. Im not into the plain ram air like the gts hoods because the way it looks to me on a mustang isn't that impressing and cost too much. The only one I would consider is the type 4 hood with drip pans from cervinis but again it doesn't seem natural looking with the car. The supersnake hood looks great because the opening curves to the car too me.

I want to pair either hood with the steedas competition bumper to look like the car in the picture below.

So anyone with experience with these hoods please let me know what you think. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails cervinis concept hood or trufiber gt-r hood?-100_0383_2_.jpg  
Attached Images       
Old 7/9/11, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have had 5 different hoods on 4 different cars. The Cervinis one was perfect and by far the best quality. Cervinis quality is so good that the best custom paint guy in my town gives you about 200 off cost of paint and prep if it's Cervini. With the Cervini I never replaced the stock mounting with the struts, so I don't know if only that hood requires them but mine didn't. Also the Cervinis hood was the only one that I didn't need to install hood pins with because it fit perfect.

Other hoods I have used, VIS, Mr. Bodykit, Saleen, Shelby.
Old 7/9/11, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kpd3014
I have had 5 different hoods on 4 different cars. The Cervinis one was perfect and by far the best quality. Cervinis quality is so good that the best custom paint guy in my town gives you about 200 off cost of paint and prep if it's Cervini. With the Cervini I never replaced the stock mounting with the struts, so I don't know if only that hood requires them but mine didn't. Also the Cervinis hood was the only one that I didn't need to install hood pins with because it fit perfect.

Other hoods I have used, VIS, Mr. Bodykit, Saleen, Shelby.
Thank you dude .. how much did the paint cost? Also do you recommend having it pre- painted and having the bumper painted separate?
Old 7/9/11, 12:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cervini's hoods must be a better product than their other stuff.
I have had many local people complain about fit and finish on their other products.
Just search this forum about customer service, it could use improvement.
All I really know about this hood business is that my Trufiber seems fine and my hood pins are not there to correct fitment issues. They are on to protect things at high speed. I even considered them on my stock hood.
Old 7/9/11, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mptant913

Thank you dude .. how much did the paint cost? Also do you recommend having it pre- painted and having the bumper painted separate?
They might have to blend depending on how your original paint looks. So price is depending on your area and I would assume they would do everything at once. For my latest hood, the saleen powerflow I paid 300 for paint.
Old 7/13/11, 03:16 PM

Have you checked out the hoods at Steeda.com? I saw the Steeda Streetfigher hood in 5.0 magazine and it was incredible. I read on their website that all the testing was done in conjunction with Ford Motor Company engineers. It looks bad ***!!!
Old 7/13/11, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I say go for Trufiber.

Haven't had any problems w/ their stuff.