2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console removal for Dynamat install

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/06, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center console removal for Dynamat install

I am going to install Dynamat Extreme with Dynaliner and have a few questions.

1) I have the instructions for the center console removal, however the "center stack wings" need to be removed. How is this done?

2) If I place the Dynamat and 1/4" Dynaliner is placed under the console will the console still fit properly?

3) Does installing the Dyna products actually help reduce the road noise? Or is there a better method out there?
Attached Thumbnails Center console removal for Dynamat install-mustang.jpeg.jpg  
Old 11/6/06, 11:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Your talking about the two panels on either side of the radio right?
(see pic http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...gAnch=imgAnch1)
If so all you need to do is pull them out once you take off the center piece that has your cupholders. They should pop out with the slighest tug as it's just a couple of clips keeping them in place.
Old 11/6/06, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any sound deadening material used in the right places will reduce a good amount of road noise. However, once you put it in the area that needs it the most, other places will then begin to be more pronounced. I did my doors and trunk area and it's reduced a good amount to where I can ignore the rest.

If I understand what you're trying to do, you are going to remove the center console and put the deadener around the shifter to remove the loud transmission noise. The only problem is the carpet seems to be one piece from side to side. I tried that and could only put small pieces in the places where I could pull back the carpet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to remove the seats also to get the whole carped pulled back enough to do that whole area. I never went this route because I didn't want to mess with the seat airbags.
Old 11/6/06, 06:02 PM

My intention is to remove the seats, console, and the carpet along with the door panels. I am afraid that just placing the sound deadening material is small pieces that are easily accessible will not give me the results that I am looking for. After about 100 miles of driving the road noise in this thing gives me a headache.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11/8/06, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Bass Bass
Bass Bass
Old 11/9/06, 01:36 PM
V6 Member

That sounds like a good idea. Off topic but is there anyway you can post some pics of your car so I can get a look of how it looks with your rims. Looks good man
Old 11/11/06, 09:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06SilverBulet
That sounds like a good idea. Off topic but is there anyway you can post some pics of your car so I can get a look of how it looks with your rims. Looks good man
I wholeheartedly second that request for pics.
Old 11/11/06, 08:06 PM

The quality is not the best, but these are the only pix I have.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...m/rearview.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q.../leftfront.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q.../topupside.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...opdownside.jpg
Old 11/12/06, 09:01 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SilverOne
The quality is not the best, but these are the only pix I have.
Thanks! Those pictures look great. I was apprehensive about going with chrome wheels on Satin Silver, but the combo looks great on your pony. Sorry for the brief forum highjack.
Old 11/13/06, 01:21 PM
V6 Member

Looks good. I might go with some 20'' Chrome deep dish bullets in a year or something.
Old 9/7/14, 11:46 PM

So how does the center console come outI remove the shifter boot the two nuts in the center console glove box and two bolts under the front of the radio - and it still seems to be attached their what am I missing
Old 9/8/14, 04:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SilverOne
My intention is to remove the seats, console, and the carpet along with the door panels. I am afraid that just placing the sound deadening material is small pieces that are easily accessible will not give me the results that I am looking for. After about 100 miles of driving the road noise in this thing gives me a headache.

Thanks for the help.
I was thinking of doing a similar thing as the "road noise" was objectionable and even drowned out the engine noise at times. Changed from the Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires to a set of Kuhmo's, and the noise was gone! Since then I have switched again to Continentals and still have a quiet drive, with only the engine noise being heard. Just sayin'...
Old 9/8/14, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I use the RaamAudio products. Did the whole floor-pan, doors, rear seats under the cushion and behind the speakers, and the whole trunk. It was a biyatch but the results were awesome! I doubled up with BXTII and Ensolite on top. He had another product I don't see listed, was a heavier BXTII and came in squares, that was used in the biggest areas of metal and outer door skins. Its a lot of work, but if you need it quieted down, and believe me on my second S197 'vert it did, then either way with whatever product you should see substantial improvement, especially the doors trunk and rear fender wells.
Old 9/9/14, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...nstall-495360/
here's my thread