2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Cargo Net for 05-up Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/06, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I think you just saved me $25. You're probably right in using those bolts as the mounting points for the net. I do not see any other logical mounting location. Will the plastic hooks thread into the holes in the trunk/fender?

I might as well just buy the $20 Crown Vic net and use the bolts as the hooks unless those bolts are holding something important!
Old 12/26/06, 05:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTX
I'm pretty happy with the Cargo net. It does what it does. I've never had an issue with groceries and it keeps my detail spray and air station contained. I never hear them roll around.

The mustang one comes with two T studs that you screw in. The 'net hangs centered in the trunk space right under the trunk lid. Dunno how the 'Vic net is different.
THAT is where I went wrong... I should have swiped the T-studs off my 2002 Stang when I got rid of it.

Dang. Without the T studs the net is virtually worthless.

EDIT: I just realized you guys don't have Shaker 1000. Looks like I am really out of luck hah? Nowhere to mount my net...

Where can I get new T studs?
Old 12/26/06, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
THAT is where I went wrong... I should have swiped the T-studs off my 2002 Stang when I got rid of it.

Dang. Without the T studs the net is virtually worthless.

EDIT: I just realized you guys don't have Shaker 1000. Looks like I am really out of luck hah? Nowhere to mount my net...

Where can I get new T studs?

Just do what neil did and loosen the two bolts (if you have them) and loop the net around the bolts. That is what I plan to do with a new Crown Vic net for the Stang.
Old 12/27/06, 02:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I took out the Crown Vic's cargo net and test fitted it on the two bolts. Over half the cargo net was slumped on the bottom board in the trunk! Neil's photo shows his cargo net being tight and perfectly vertical... so apparently Ford charges over 2 times more for a much much smaller cargo net. With the Crown Vic cargo net, the objects at the bottom would just roll all over the place inside the net (it's too long for the shallower trunk). I'm going to save my money and just toss my bag/stuff on the back seat.