2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Careful making order changes

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/04, 01:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a heads up. I contacted my dealer yesterday to tell him I want to change my order and go with the spoiler delete. He called me today and told me if I make any change, even just a delete, I have to go with the new pricing which went in effect since I placed my original order. I told him never mind, I'll just remove the spoiler after I get it, and then go with the duck tail.
Old 12/28/04, 01:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

That is correct, fortunately on the GT premium it was only $75 at MSRP so doesn't hurt too much.
Old 12/28/04, 02:25 PM
GT Member

Won't you have some holes to fill if you remove it, though?
Old 12/28/04, 04:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@December 28, 2004, 2:36 PM
I'll just remove the spoiler after I get it, and then go with the duck tail.
Duck tail? PLEASE tell me there's a duck tail available for the '05 'Stang! I'm not crazy about the spoiler, but if a ducktail is integrated well with the body, I'm all ears... Have you got a pic or a website with aftermarket goodies?

BTW, there will be four holes in your decklid once the spoiler is removed. Will the ducktail cover these? Can you easily plug them up to avoid leaks into your trunk?
Old 12/28/04, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by CelticCub+December 28, 2004, 5:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelticCub @ December 28, 2004, 5:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-outdoorstom@December 28, 2004, 2:36 PM
I'll just remove the spoiler after I get it, and then go with the duck tail.
Duck tail? PLEASE tell me there's a duck tail available for the '05 'Stang! I'm not crazy about the spoiler, but if a ducktail is integrated well with the body, I'm all ears... Have you got a pic or a website with aftermarket goodies?

BTW, there will be four holes in your decklid once the spoiler is removed. Will the ducktail cover these? Can you easily plug them up to avoid leaks into your trunk? [/b][/quote]
CDC has one pricing is on the site, but with that model they say that if you remove the stock wing you will have some holes showing that need to be filled.

classicdesignconcepts.com
Old 12/28/04, 05:35 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the info!
Old 12/28/04, 06:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I received an email from CDC today saying all the parts that were on their red '05 will be available no later than April. I started another thread (Exterior Mods) and posted the email and attachment.
Old 12/28/04, 06:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@December 28, 2004, 12:36 PM
Just a heads up. I contacted my dealer yesterday to tell him I want to change my order and go with the spoiler delete. He called me today and told me if I make any change, even just a delete, I have to go with the new pricing which went in effect since I placed my original order. I told him never mind, I'll just remove the spoiler after I get it, and then go with the duck tail.
Tom....if you truly don't want the spoiler, then I would change the order to reflect this, otherwise you are gonna be stuck with some holes to fill in later on when you remove it.
Old 12/28/04, 08:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Giddyup, thanks for the advice. I'm trying to decide now exactly what I want to do. Seems like filling the holes may be more expensive than paying the price increase. I think I'll talk to my dealer again and see exactly how much the price increase is. That duck tail sure does look sweet..........
Old 12/28/04, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Why don't alot of people like the stock spoiler?

I happen to like it alot. I think it makes the 05' stang look alot better.
Old 12/28/04, 08:46 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with the new pricing you may be stuck with an extra $100.

To get the spoiler removed and filled, or to swap trunklids on another car will probably cost more than that, and there is less hassle.
Old 12/29/04, 06:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by sadsquared2@December 28, 2004, 9:34 PM

This is a repost of a topic I commented on in the Weekly Polls regarding "SPOILER VS SPOILER DELETE":

Given the fact that you can get a spoiler on everything from a Mustang GT to a Hyundai Elantra, I'd have to say that the spoiler DELETE holds more appeal. It's useless on a front wheel drive car and it only becomes remotely useful if you're traveling, say 200 mph on a rear wheel drive car. I know there are those who say it's more of a styling statement...to those I say "puleeeze."

NO SPOILER! And they say you can only get cheap plastic crap at Wal-Mart...

Enough with these tacky add-ons. Brother, give me a duck tail any day over a spoiler. Spoilers only SPOIL the looks of the Mustang IMO. Why compromise the cleaned up lines of the new ponycar with useless clutter. Besides, it's just a cliche of a design statement that contributes to a rear blind spot!

The simple fact is, it's all a matter of personal preference. It's nice to have a choice in the matter. I wonder if it is an option on all of the other cars being sold with spoilers.[I]

PS - I guess it's silly to put "IMO" in posts; that's what posting is all about... sharing opinions. There's no right or wrong, they're just opinions!
Old 12/29/04, 06:47 AM
Bullitt Member

it's only $100. That's like less than 1/4 of a car payment
Old 12/29/04, 07:03 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the stock spoiler looks a lot better than any aftermarket ducktail to this point. I like the look, it looks good on sonic blue IMO.
Old 12/29/04, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

I look at it differently. Been owning/restoring Mustangs for about 30 years. I like to get them back to stock, the way they rolled out of the factory is the look that floats my boat. Not concourse correct and undriveable, that's not fun to me, but close to stock and a weekend driver. IMO the future value of these cars is in unmolested originals. (let's not get sidetracked on a value discussion, just my opinion).

Anyhoo, for me the spoiler is a part of the factory produced, GT version of the 05 Mustang. I am pretty much neutral on how I feel about the look of the spoiler but since it is part of the package, that is what I will get. Yes, I know that the delete is a correct factory option but the basic vision for the car included it. Given the way I look at these things guess it's a darn good thing for me that they didn't decide to put a three foot high shop-class looking wing on the back!

Just a different perspective on the spoiler/delete spoiler discussion. I still respect those of you who look at the car as a blank canvas waiting to be turned into your vision of a masterpiece!
Old 12/29/04, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by sadsquared2@December 28, 2004, 9:34 PM

To me the rear looks much cleaner with no spoiler.

I don't like any spoilers except for some ducktails.

It is just a matter of taste I guess, and for me it was a no brainer since it was a factory option.

I might just go wingless and not even put on a ducktail.
Old 12/29/04, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

I recall the designer of 05 Mustang included the Spoiler Delete option for the GT because his personal preference was to not have it. I think I'll go without the spoiler and maybe get a ducktail, just my personal preference. It looks good with or wiithout a spoiler, but as stated previously, you see spoilers on just about anything, including minivans! - give me a break.