2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Car Jack Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/07, 08:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
****...where's that car flaming unit they use in South Africa?

Glad everyone's ok. Just curious, why not floor it and get the heck out of there? I know...easy to say.
Old 12/4/07, 10:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad you and your wife are OK, hope you can get everything resolved quickly. Since your not going to get the car back anyways I hope they crash into a wall and die so they can never do this to someone else.
Old 12/4/07, 11:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your incident. But look on the bright side, at least you and your wife are okay!
Old 12/4/07, 12:42 PM
V6 Member

I have always wanted to mount a leaf spring to the frame, under the door, with a pull tab by the seatbelt release that would be a nasty surprise for a carjacker. Un fortunately that is illegal in Texas Or, better yet, a claymore in the doorskin
Attachment 36579
"Front Toward Enemy"
Attached Images  
Old 12/4/07, 12:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
It would be interesting to hear a bit more of this story - for example, where are you located? How were you approached? What did the perp say/do? Is there anything you would have done differently had you known this was going to happen? (I'm NOT saying this was your fault, please don't take it that way)

I am glad you are OK! THAT is the most important part - a car can be replaced.

To all those people talking about P.C., concealed weapon, etc... NONE of those things would do you a bit of good in a situation where someone has the drop on you and is pointing a gun at your head!

The best thing you can do is give them what they want, hope they don't want a "thrill kill" and then RUN in the opposite direction ASAP! Oh, and kill them if you get the chance.
Old 12/4/07, 12:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by presto
"Front Toward Enemy"
That always cracked me up! Uh... which way do I point it?....

The thing about concealed weapons is most people aren't very good with them or will not actually use them. They think they will or can and when faced with the situation don't act and either get shot or stabbed and in many cases, shot with their own gun. -Joe
Old 12/4/07, 01:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jbailer

The thing about concealed weapons is most people aren't very good with them or will not actually use them. They think they will or can and when faced with the situation don't act and either get shot or stabbed and in many cases, shot with their own gun. -Joe
where did you find that bit of misinformation?
Old 12/4/07, 02:03 PM
V6 Member

Brady's website
Be smart and aware out there. if you carry practice practice practice.
especially the mozambique drill. i feel bad for the OP and hope he gets everything back in order. To the turds that did it
Old 12/4/07, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Chuck, please tell us where this occurred so your fellow Mustangers can be on the lookout!
Old 12/4/07, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Chuck I'm very sorry to hear this, but as the others have said at least you and your wife are alright. That is the most important thing. As my Mom used to say this too shall pass. I, like others on this board, will you keep you and your family in my thoughts.

For someone to be bold/desperate enough to do this in broad daylight is scary. You never know what people are capable of. The one good thing is that while you may or may not get your Mustang back, these ****heads will likely do this again (hopefully without hurting anyone) and either end up on the business end of someone else's weapon or they will be caught by the police. I know that doesn't make it any easier though.

I hope your life returns to normal soon. Take care.
Old 12/4/07, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

So sorry to hear.

I'll be packing heat soon for reasons like this. I worked hard for my car, no ones taking it with out a fight.
Old 12/4/07, 08:48 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
So sorry about this situation, a friends mom got robbed at gun point outside of a grocery store one night, she had a pistol in her pocketbook, but couldnt get to it, because he had a gun to her neck. Sometimes protection doesnt help, but if I can, I'd like to have some protection. I might have just floored it, and see about getting away.
Old 12/5/07, 06:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More often than not, being a key witness is the best thing a person can do. Being a hero is nice, but your heroism might be your downfall and end up getting yourself injured.

Concealed weapon permits are good for people who understand what it is they have, and when it can be used. The downfall is people who get them and all of a sudden believe it can be pulled for simple crimes and that's just not the case.

Anyone getting one should stay in compliance to any new laws concerning them.
Old 12/5/07, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jbailer
That always cracked me up! Uh... which way do I point it?....

Not regarding concealed but home weapons - it has been suggested to me in the past to get a double barreled shotgun for home. The theory being when confronted with a shotgun even an idiot will run the other way, and, if I had to shoot it I wouldn't even really have to aim to accomplish the task.

A friend of mine had a handgun that wound up being used against him during a home invasion. The robber did not have a gun until he got my friend's gun away from him. Not good.
Old 12/5/07, 07:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
A friend of mine had a handgun that wound up being used against him during a home invasion. The robber did not have a gun until he got my friend's gun away from him. Not good.

The problem here Lynda is the last sentence. If your not in fear of your life being in imminent danger, then you can't justify using lethal force. I understand the robber got the gun away, but your friend would most likely be the one going to prison if he had used it prior to that. That's not to say the "presence" of a gun isnt good in some cases, to scare the person away, but the problem is, when people get scared they dont think, which can lead to the trigger being pulled.

I'm not trying to be mean about it, I'd just rather let people be aware.

Another reason to know the laws if your going to own a gun.
Old 12/5/07, 07:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
So sorry about this situation, a friends mom got robbed at gun point outside of a grocery store one night, she had a pistol in her pocketbook, but couldnt get to it, because he had a gun to her neck. Sometimes protection doesnt help, but if I can, I'd like to have some protection.
That's when you shoot him as he running away.

Originally Posted by colbymh
The problem here Lynda is the last sentence. If your not in fear of your life being in imminent danger, then you can't justify using lethal force.
That's why the Castle doctrine rocks. Defense of property. God Bless Texas.
Old 12/5/07, 11:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GhostTX
God Bless Texas.
Amen! Here is Texas, you can carry a concealed weapon if you have completed the required safety courses. The law here also allows the use of deadly force in cases of self defense AND defense of property.
Old 12/5/07, 11:51 AM
Cobra Member

Sure, if its "Immediately necessary". Gee, no loop holes there. Hey I am all for these **** bags going away, I just hate to see everyone going rogue and ending up being cell mates with the cast of brokeback mtn.
Old 12/5/07, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Trust me, if he or she is in my home, then I am in fear of My life. Enough of a reason to pull the trigger if I so chose. Look what just happened to the football player. He had a knife to protect himself. He lost that fight. All they wanted to do is break into his home.
Old 12/5/07, 04:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SunKing
Amen! Here is Texas, you can carry a concealed weapon if you have completed the required safety courses. The law here also allows the use of deadly force in cases of self defense AND defense of property.
And if they happen to fall outside the doorway when you shoot them, just drag their dead @ss back inside and tell the officer you were in fear for your life.

Quick Reply: Car Jack Warning