2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Car Jack Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/07, 09:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car Jack Warning

There are so many of you that have fine mustangs, and undoubtedly have your heart and soul into you vehicles so I’m passing this along so hopefully my experience of this past weekend won’t be repeated to any of the folks on this board.

Right now my wife and I have got our hands full putting our lives back together. We were car-jacked at gun point on saturday in the parking lot of the bank across the street from a large shopping center at 11:30 AM (broad daylight). They got my wallet, the car, the wife’s purse, and small amount of cash. So we've been busy closing out credit cards and trying to get a locksmith to come and change our locks, insurance, DMV, and now we are looking at having to get a new vehicle we weren't planning on, etc.etc. Been a tough weekend...but we were lucky and neither of us are hurt.

The police tell me this was a random act...tis the season and so forth. SO HEADS UP! Words to the wise if you go shopping, be aware of your surroundings, who's where, who's around you, who's watching you and so on. If your going to take credit cards take only the one you're going use leave the others at home...keep your car keys seperate from your house keys...carry nothing with your social security number on it...gals, leave the purse at home if at all possible...an of course carry very little cash. (Now, the wife and I look like secret service agents when we walk out of anyplace, we look at everybody and everything.)

It happens quick, so be safe, and take care,

Regards,
Stang-22

P.S. Please pass this along to friends, family, and co workers.
The following users liked this post:
z-power (4/19/20)
Old 12/3/07, 09:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear this happening. Glad to hear that you and your family is safe.
Old 12/3/07, 09:50 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Thank God your safe. I'm sure there's a special place for the a$$holes that do this $hit.
Old 12/3/07, 10:01 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Holy crap! Where are you located? Can you carry a concealled weopon legally?

I don't know what to say, but thank god that you and your family are safe.
Old 12/3/07, 10:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Incredible! Broad daylight in a busy place, that is insane! Guess it proves we aren't safe no matter what. Shame on society.
Old 12/3/07, 10:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear this, same to your wife. Have anything been recovered? Hang in there my friend.
Old 12/3/07, 10:31 PM
Cobra Member

Oh man, im sorry to hear about this. Any luck on catching them? description of suspects??

I almost added a gps tracking unit to my car when I bought it. Be nice to be able to use lo jack or your own computer to find where your car is. Not to mention some of the gps tracking companies have a package where if your car gets stolen and its not recovered within 24 hours, they will give you like $5 or 10k. Cant remember which one.

At any rate, I hope you both can find some peace and have the ability to feel safe again soon.
Old 12/3/07, 10:41 PM

WOW is all I can say.... I will be taking my SS card and extra credit cars out of my wallet after reading this. Thanks for the heads up and God Bless... its good to hear you and your wife are safe
Old 12/3/07, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just curious but where are you located?
Old 12/3/07, 10:47 PM
Cobra Member

Glad you and your wife are safe and alive. It's a wicked world out there. My brothers mother in law was beaten almost to death last week during a home invasion. Her skull was crushed, and many other bones were broken, she was released from ICU yesterday. Some freak hopped her back fence and slipped in through an unlocked door early in the morning. he caught her getting ready for work. her daughter found her hours later barely hanging on.

so keep your doors locked too folks!
Old 12/3/07, 10:58 PM

I think we all need a little reminder once in a while...that we dont live in a sane world full of justice... crazy and cruel things can and will happen. you cant always stop them from happening, but the least you can do is be prepared to minimize the damage. Be safe this holiday season... my prayers are with your brothers mother in law johnny....and to you and your wife chuck
Old 12/3/07, 11:09 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Thank God your safe. I'm sure there's a special place for the a$$holes that do this $hit.
Yeah, a special place in time where they are using thier heads to catch a .45 cailber hollow point. [censored] sorry [censored] scumbags.
Old 12/4/07, 05:52 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Wow, I'm just glad you both are safe. Johnny, I hope your brother's mother in law makes a speedy recovery, of course, mentally you are never the same after something like that. Although I've never been physically attacked, you just never know when someone is going to take advantage. A few years ago my husband and I were attending a funeral service. As soon as we pulled up and got out we started talking to some friends, got distracted and forgot to lock it up. A lot of women leave their purses in their car while at the cemetary, I know I did, but never will again. Thought we saw someone open the door on the opposite side during the service and as soon as the service was over, I went to check it out and sure enough, she took a credit card out of my wallett. Again, not quite the same as either of your ordeals, but it still blows my mind what people will do.
Old 12/4/07, 06:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Stang-22...Thank God you and your wife are safe...that's the most important thing!
BTW, where did this occur (i.e. city, state)?...I didn't see anything posted in your profile.
-- Mark
Old 12/4/07, 06:07 AM
Bullitt Member

What is this world Coming too...
Time to invest in the Concealed Permit and a 9mm or Colt .45
Old 12/4/07, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

the only "card" in my wallet is speedy rewards, if i plan on using the debit card that sits in a different pocket safley, you all should do the same, ive been jumped when i was 17, first time i knocked 2 guys out and got away, 2nd time i was knocked out and ddint have any cash on me when i came too...im glad to see that you and your family are alright, best wishes, and dont worry, they will get whats coming to them, the eleanor curse maybe...just try to smile and soon you will see family, the people you love to hate lol, just make the best of it, i know its hard but were all here for you
Old 12/4/07, 07:09 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

fight crime

shoot back
Old 12/4/07, 07:31 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who feels they have a right to protect themselves. If this experience does convince anyone to get a CWP, just please, please, please get the necessary training, know the law, and most important know yourself and if you can handle the responsibility.
Chuck - very sorry this happened, but I can tell you that it's not uncommon, especially this time of year... also curious as to where you're located.
Old 12/4/07, 07:35 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt995
Just curious but where are you located?
+1. Not saying this couldn't happen anywhere,but the majority of these incidents are in areas w/ a higher crime rate(especially malls) I avoid certain parts of Tampa like the plague because of this. Glad you are alright though. Shop online and be done with it
Old 12/4/07, 07:38 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
Shop online and be done with it
Online shopping FTW!!!

Quick Reply: Car Jack Warning