2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Can Someone Take a Picture of Their Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05, 10:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean the kids aren't running around shooting each other? You have to be kidding me! The guns don't just go off? I don't believe this for one second! CNN, Fox, and the other news stations all say that this is impossible.

That stinks about Canada, maybe they gov't will figure it out eventually.
Old 2/16/05, 11:23 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I am actually going to be getting my CCW here in CA... My understanding is that w/o the CCW, the weapon must be unloaded, and in the trunk or some other LOCKED container. This includes transporting it to and from the vehicle.

Thinking about a Berretta, 3000 Series Tomcat, .32. I need something small, and EASY to conceal, in say a formal gown with no pockets,

I think a p/o'd red head with a gun is more of a recipe for disaster! LOL
Old 2/16/05, 11:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bigred0383- Yes that is the law I was talking about. I couldn't remember if it was HR 218 or 216 so I left it out. What department are you gonna try to get on with? Good luck and be safe when you get out there. I carry a Sig P220 .45cal on duty and a S&W Chiefs Special .45cal off duty. I would love to carry my Glock 21 .45cal at work but they are not approved for uniform carry yet.
Old 2/16/05, 11:47 PM
GT Member

Actually I live in Vancouver, BC Canada. And shooting people seems to be the new fad here in Vancouver.

Lucky for us though that most of the bad guys are pretty good shots, and at the moment they are mostly just shooting other badguys

The good thing is though, we have this billion dollar gun registry, so when anyone gets shot and we recover the gun we can find out where the gun came from.

Unfortunatly the badguys don't buy guns at the stores, an oversite that I can't believe the government missed
Old 2/17/05, 06:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Treadhead@February 16, 2005, 7:34 PM
A gun in your car in Texas is fine and dandy when you are traveling. Can't remember for sure if it's atleast 2 counties or 3 counties from yor residence. Most officers are reasonable when it comes down to it. Unfortunately there are some who would lock up their own Mother. My gun goes anywhere I go but I also have a nationwide license.
in Texas traveling is a defense to prosecution. That is no exception. You will still go to jail. The court will just allow you to present that as a defense when you are prosecuted and you do need proof...multiple gas receipts same day diff counties, etc. to introduce that as a defense.
You are correct on the Officer discretion issue since it is a misdemeanor but I guarantee if you carry one in your glovebox you are going to jail. The discretion will kick in if it is in your locked trunk.
Texas also does not recognise Feds as Peace Officers. Now ponder that for a few minutes. That means Feds can only act on Felonys...all citizens have that right! ha haa
Look at PC 46.02

Remember....Texas was a Sovereign Country before entering the Union. That is why it's flag does not have to fly beneath the stars and stripes. It usually does but it doesnt have to.

Interesting eh?
Old 2/17/05, 06:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by holderca1+February 16, 2005, 7:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ February 16, 2005, 7:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-darth-bob@February 16, 2005, 7:19 PM
19 and access to a handgun in a car. Sounds like a receipe for disaster.
There are 17 yr olds in Iraq carrying rifles.
[/b][/quote]

In their glovebox??

I think if your going to do it you should do it right.
Mount a few Browning Automatic Rifles in the front quarters that fold out like James Bond.
Old 2/17/05, 06:25 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by darth-bob@February 17, 2005, 7:11 AM
Texas was a Sovereign Country before entering the Union. That is why it's flag does not have to fly beneath the stars and stripes. It usually does but it doesnt have to.
Actually, that's true for any state, state flags and the U.S. flag can both be flown at the same level in any state. The rule is that no flag may be placed above or to the right of the the U.S. flag. For those that don't know, the position to the right is considered to be the position of honor.
Old 2/17/05, 06:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by holderca1+February 17, 2005, 7:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ February 17, 2005, 7:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-darth-bob@February 17, 2005, 7:11 AM
Texas was a Sovereign Country before entering the Union. That is why it's flag does not have to fly beneath the stars and stripes. It usually does but it doesnt have to.
Actually, that's true for any state, state flags and the U.S. flag can both be flown at the same level in any state. The rule is that no flag may be placed above or to the right of the the U.S. flag. For those that don't know, the position to the right is considered to be the position of honor.
[/b][/quote]

Ahhh...displayed from staff or pole?
The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the highest point of the group when a number of flags of States or localities or pennants of societies are grouped and displayed from staffs.

yup...but there is an exception :
except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy.

:flag2: :tex:
Old 2/17/05, 06:50 AM

Yeah, I know I have read the flag code, I was just talking when there are only 2 flags, the U.S. flag and a state flag.

They even reference Texas in the Q&A for proper flag flying...

Is Texas's the only state flag allowed to fly at the same height as the US flag?

No, this is an urban legend. All state flags may fly at the same height as the U.S. flag. The U.S. flag must be on its right (the viewer's left), however. Texas's laws are consistent with those of the other states.
Old 2/17/05, 06:55 AM
Cobra R Member

back on topic here.
Here is a Mustang with Four .50 machnine guns.
Can anyone beat the 1150 horse Power those v-1710's put out?
Old 2/17/05, 06:56 AM

Well obviously you can't fly two flags at the same height on the same pole.
Old 2/17/05, 07:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Who said same poles? The Code says Center and highest point does it not? Whatever....Texas is made of Legends, nothing urban about it.
:tex:
Old 2/17/05, 07:12 AM

Title 4, Chapter 1, Section 7

f. When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be at the peak. When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs, the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last. No such flag or pennant may be placed above the flag of the United States or to the United States flag's right.

It says no flag can be placed higher, says nothing about not being able to be flown at the same height. The part in bold is exactly what I said in my first post if you remember.
Old 2/17/05, 07:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Instead of Sec 7-C look at 7-E. It addresses same height.
Old 2/17/05, 07:45 AM

Alright, obviously you need to read it better, 7e addresses a group, 7f addresses when two flags are flown side by side. I am done with this topic, Texas doesn't get preferential treatment, it still has to abide by the federal codes and regulations. I have read the Texas flag code and it is consistent with the federal code.
Old 2/17/05, 08:14 AM

B) [COLOR=blue]
Originally posted by darth-bob@February 17, 2005, 7:58 AM
back on topic here.
Here is a Mustang with Four .50 machnine guns.
Can anyone beat the 1150 horse Power those v-1710's put out?
By the way, that's a P-51D w/6 .50 cal machineguns....
Old 2/17/05, 08:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Your right! It is a P51-D....
Old 2/17/05, 10:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by iiibdsiil@February 16, 2005, 11:30 PM
CNN, Fox, and the other news stations all say that this is impossible.

Come on now....we all know Fox News won't say anything bad about guns. God bless them.
Old 2/17/05, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Taurus PT145
Size of a .380 but it's a .45 ACP
10 in the clip and 1 up the pipe.
Double action only...can't be fired by bouncing.
I paid $245.00 new (parkerized...not satin)

Heck...I could fit 3 or 4 of them in the box between the seats.

Got my CCL last year.....and yes...it IS just like a condom....

Jay
Old 2/17/05, 12:17 PM
GT Member

Lest we forget....Amendment II of the constitution states....

"...being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Great topic!

I for one commend Brett. We've all seen those who are 17 or there abouts who don't know the U.S. Constitution from a higher learning institution.

All of us have this right, and depending on jurisdiction, can carry a weapon as described by our own governing laws.

Quick Reply: Can Someone Take a Picture of Their Center Console