2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Can Someone Take a Picture of Their Center Console

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@February 16, 2005, 9:47 PM
I didn't know we had 17yr old troops over there. I thought you had to be 18 to enlist. Am I missing something or is this a Michael Moore rumor? I'm not picking a fight, but I'd really like to know if that's factual. Maybe they've changed something? or maybe I'm just naieve?
Theres no 17 year old US troops over there. 18, yes. You can be 17 and go through prep training between your junior and senior years of high school, but thats it.
Old 2/16/05, 06:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@February 16, 2005, 7:47 PM
I didn't know we had 17yr old troops over there. I thought you had to be 18 to enlist. Am I missing something or is this a Michael Moore rumor? I'm not picking a fight, but I'd really like to know if that's factual. Maybe they've changed something? or maybe I'm just naieve?
Heck, I believe 17 yr olds have been fighting in the armed forces for a long time. I think what happens is you have someone who is not in school for some reason (early grad, dropped out, etc.) and they join the military b/c frankly it is the best financial decision for them and it allows them to get an education as well. Anyway, my point is that it is not anything out of the ordinary to serve at the age of 17.
Old 2/16/05, 06:49 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, that's what I thought. I didn't think our governmnet would force people to fight for a country that they can't even vote in. God bless the US. Thanks guys.
Old 2/16/05, 06:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@February 16, 2005, 7:47 PM
You can enlist at the age of 17 with a parent/guardian's signature.

Go here: http://www.army.com/enlist/requirements.html, the age requirements are the first bullet.
Old 2/16/05, 06:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

I believa all you need is a waiver signed by your parents. There was a 17yr old in my basic training unit when I went through.

05GT-O.C.D.- President Bush signed into law last year a national concealed carry law for police.
Old 2/16/05, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by Grantsdale@February 16, 2005, 7:50 PM
Theres no 17 year old US troops over there. 18, yes. You can be 17 and go through prep training between your junior and senior years of high school, but thats it.
Not sure where you got your information, but it's incorrect. You don't even have to finish high school to enlist.
Old 2/16/05, 06:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by holderca1+February 16, 2005, 7:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ February 16, 2005, 7:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@February 16, 2005, 7:50 PM
Not sure where you got your information, but it's incorrect. You don't even have to finish high school to enlist.
[/b][/quote]

That's what I was thinking. In WWII (and other war I presume), there were a great deal of kids who dropped out of high school to bravely and courageously serve their country.
Old 2/16/05, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Receipe for disaster? Heh, this is exactly why I didn't want to even mention what I wanted to put in. Now I have people judging me that don't even know me, typical internet crap.

I have my reasons for wanting to carry, you have your reasons for not wanting me to carry. Fact is, I am responsible enough to have this, and not let it give me an attitude of being superman. So, just like now, the gun will sit in my center console, and it will be there come I need it. But until I actually need it in a life or death situation, which will probably be never, then I know it is there. Besides that, I really shouldn't need to explain myself to be able to fulfill my rights as a citizen of this beautiful contry.

Please, I don't need any more moms, between the girlfriend and my real mom, it is getting real old, real fast.
Old 2/16/05, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by iiibdsiil@February 16, 2005, 8:02 PM
Receipe for disaster? Heh, this is exactly why I didn't want to even mention what I wanted to put in. Now I have people judging me that don't even know me, typical internet crap.

I have my reasons for wanting to carry, you have your reasons for not wanting me to carry. Fact is, I am responsible enough to have this, and not let it give me an attitude of being superman. So, just like now, the gun will sit in my center console, and it will be there come I need it. But until I actually need it in a life or death situation, which will probably be never, then I know it is there. Besides that, I really shouldn't need to explain myself to be able to fulfill my rights as a citizen of this beautiful contry.

Please, I don't need any more moms, between the girlfriend and my real mom, it is getting real old, real fast.
Old 2/16/05, 07:02 PM

I have no problem with the fact that you have a gun, just as long as you know how to use it and take it to a firing range every once in awhile. A recipe for disaster is a gun in the hands of someone that has no idea what they are doing with it.
Old 2/16/05, 07:02 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tread, I didn't know that went into law. That's good to know, you guys have a right to protect yourself regardless of what state your in. Too bad unimportant people (sarcasm) don't have the same rights. It's just a little too complicated to travel. Every state, many counties, cities, heck even local stores have their own laws making it easy for the good guys to make a simple mistake and end up in prison.
I never knew about the 17yr old waiver before. We learn all kinds of stuff here. I'm surprised (but glad) this thread's still open.
Old 2/16/05, 07:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

A lot of states are starting to recognize ccw permits from other states now. If we can get a ccw for every state then maybe it won't be such a hassle.
Old 2/16/05, 07:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+February 16, 2005, 8:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ February 16, 2005, 8:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by holderca1@February 16, 2005, 7:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-darth-bob
@February 16, 2005, 7:19 PM
19 and access to a handgun in a car. Sounds like a receipe for disaster.

There are 17 yr olds in Iraq carrying rifles.
Wow...powerful point.
[/b][/quote]
Wow...weak point. The 17 yr olds carrying rifles over there are trained extensively, under command of more experienced personnel, and work in groups under strict orders.

An armed 19-yo in a car does not sound like a good thing - generally. But there are plenty of responsible 19 year olds so lets hold off on passing judgement.
Old 2/16/05, 07:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+February 16, 2005, 4:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grantsdale @ February 16, 2005, 4:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-iiibdsiil@February 16, 2005, 4:12 PM
Yes, a hand gun. No, you don't need a concealed carry permit to have it in the glove box or the center console. I can show you the statues if anyone is interested. I am willing to put my butt on the line because I know this is fully legal in my state, so please no "You have to have a CCW to carry" arguments. That was why I was being vague, trying to avoid an argument.

I love FL for that reason. 19 years old, and I can have a hand gun in my car "enclosed in a container with a lid." Can't get a CCW permit until I am 21, so this will suffice, just like it does now in my truck.
If you want to try to avoid arguments, you should preference it with "in my state". Its illegal without a permit in CT, as well as many other states.
[/b][/quote]
He mentioned "my state" in his first paragraph. If you cannot wait to form a response before getting through the first paragraph perhaps you should not respond.
Old 2/16/05, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by DiamondBlue@February 16, 2005, 8:11 PM
Wow...weak point. The 17 yr olds carrying rifles over there are trained extensively, under command of more experienced personnel, and work in groups under strict orders.

An armed 19-yo in a car does not sound like a good thing - generally. But there are plenty of responsible 19 year olds so lets hold off on passing judgement.
The poster was making a judgment on his age. I was just posting that someone that age can be responsible with a firearm. He may go to a firing range everyday, we don't know that. I was simply making a point about age.
Old 2/16/05, 07:30 PM

Keep in mind the fuel line and transmission fluid are right underneath the center console, which is made of 3mm thick plastic. Also, if you have the gun facing backwards, it can shoot right into the fuel tank. I don't know anything about guns, except from what I see on TV, so maybe you all travel with the safety on orsomething, so maybe I am wrong, but just something to consider.
Old 2/16/05, 07:34 PM

Typically you would keep the safety on, but if it's left off, an accidental firing while kept in the center console is highly unlikely since the hammer is not cocked, quite a bit of pressure has to be put on the trigger when the gun is not cocked.
Old 2/16/05, 07:36 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know man..... rear end axle hop/chatter can send a BIG shock through the car...
Old 2/16/05, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was wondering the same thing. If it discharges it seems like it would do far less damage if it was in the glove box for instance. But then if you have it in the glove box facing the passenger fender it may go through and hit someone in another car. However properly cared for guns don't just discharge, and you sound like a responsible gun owner.
Old 2/16/05, 07:43 PM
V6 Member

It will take a heck of a bump to set the trigger off. Most guns have a drop test performed on them, they are dropped from x amount of feet, and do not fire. Word on the street you can drop a glock out of an airplane and it won't fire, LOL. Probably shatter first.

I am definitely not worry about an accidental discharge. Besides, I thought Mythbusters put the bullet exploding a gas tank myth to rest?

Quick Reply: Can Someone Take a Picture of Their Center Console