2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Build week 12/19 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/05, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a build week of 12/19
Isn't that during the 2 week shutdown.
And if they get it built does it sit for 2 weeks before being loaded for transport????
Old 12/7/05, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure when the actual shutdown date is, but since Christmas is the following Sunday, maybe they work until Wednesday or something? Not sure on the other question though but I would guess that there are trucking companies that run the cars for ford, so delivery should be about the same. Minus a day or two for Christmas though.
Old 12/10/05, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
White-GT-
I just got a build week of 12/19
Isn't that during the 2 week shutdown.
And if they get it built does it sit for 2 weeks before being loaded for transport????

stang9325-
Not sure when the actual shutdown date is, but since Christmas is the following Sunday, maybe they work until Wednesday or something? Not sure on the other question though but I would guess that there are trucking companies that run the cars for ford, so delivery should be about the same. Minus a day or two for Christmas though.
-------------------------------------------------------

Search feature is your friend...it just takes a little bit of patience to find what you need. I just found this post from way back in October 04 that lists the Ford Holidays and when the plant shuts down for their Holiday Break.
According to the post the plant shuts down on December 24th, which this year is on a Saturday (last year it was Friday).
If your car is already built before the shutdown then it might be shipped during the plant shutdown.
The plant shuts down, NOT the shipping companies.
So as long as they (shipping companies) have your car then it's going to be on it's way, either on a truck or a train.

Posted: October 15, 2004, 4:49 AM Post #14

You have more than just Thanksgiving and Christmas to think about.
This is Fords holidays:
Nov 2, election day.
Nov 12, veterans day
Nov 24 & 25, Thanksgiving.
Christmas shutdown starts on Dec 24.
There is a good chance they could work election day but more than likely nothing else. They won't really tell anyone until the last minute.