2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Build Quality

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/06, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Merlot
Your father needs to get out and drive more cars also!
since he bought a Mercedes SL he thinks he knows everything about cars and has a permission to call any other car than his a crap.
Old 7/2/06, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
OK, the Stang is awesome, but the price is right where it ought to be for what you get.

"Luxurious carpet"...? "...padded dashes always seem to crack and peel after a few years." No offense, but you need to get out more and look at more vehicles.
About the padded dashes cracking... I dont have a garage... Unfortuneately, my stang has to stay outside, and is more or less exposed to the elements. I use a sun shade in the front windsheield, to protect the interior, but so far, in my exerience, all padded dashes start cracking within a few years of being out in the sun every day.

If you can shelter or garage your car, you wont have this problem at all.
Old 7/2/06, 08:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RedneckPony
I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the workmanship and build quality that goes into the new GT's. I've had my 06 for about 3 months now, and im still astounded with the quality of the interior and exterior.

The real aluminum accents on the dash, and the thick, luxurious carpet, Beautiful retro design on the guages, the sport seats....even the fit and finish on the body panels.....this isnt the kind of workmanship you uasually find on a $25K car!!!! I drive my GT a little every afternoon, and I still love it just as much today as the day i bought it. I try to compare it to my chevy blazer in fit and finish, and there is no comparison....the blazer has poorly alligned body panels, poorly fitting interior peices, and the doors are starting to sag a little.

I'm amazed that Ford was able to offer the performance, power, enginering, fit and finish that they did in the new mustangs at the price that they did. I've always liked ford better than GM. Now i know why.

Sorry if this has been covered before...but i felt like i just had to say something.
+1 . I love the quality of my car also.
Old 7/2/06, 08:51 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Galaxie
I am very happy with the fit and finish on the '05... I noticed that there were improvements on the sheetmetal on the '06's as well.

The carpet however is very thin and I don't see it aging well... time will tell
I Agree with Steve ...I still think the carpet is trunk liner material and Ford could have done way better in this area .The Carpet in my S-10 is at least 2 times thicker than the stang .

I'm almost afraid to shift my feet on the bare carpet in the Mustang thinking that it might tear...LOL.
Old 7/3/06, 06:26 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by adrenalin
ok, now boys, either take your little heated argument and use the PM feature or just drop the issue all together. Threads are not to be used for therapy I have deleted the non-topic related posts.
Oh, dayamn...caught with the gas can in one hand and the matches in the other.

Old 7/3/06, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Oh, dayamn...caught with the gas can in one hand and the matches in the other.

What did I miss? Seriously, I turn away for just a few days of rest and relaxation... nevermind, I don't want to know.