2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bill said Wixom?

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mustang Ricky@March 19, 2005, 12:00 AM
Okay, heres one for ya...
I was out drinkin beers with a friend who has been with Ford for years - they said that Bill Ford said he was very seriously considering a second Mustang production line at the Wixom Plant in Michigan.
One reason that this made sense is because the T-bird is done- production ends in June, and they've got capacity with a work crew that has been knocking down quality awards left and right. Another strong consideration is that experienced Flat Rock employees could be recruited to help start up the new production line in nearby Wixom. The relatively minor third advantage is that suppliers could support both assembly plants from the same subassembly plant or warehouse.

Has anyone else heard this? Besides making intuitive sense, I posted this because I think that this would be a great sister plant. If my Stang wasn't built in Flat Rock, I'd want it built at the Wixom luxury car facility.
Well Bill that would be nice but I am a retired Ford worker and I hear the Wixom Plant is up for sale. Too much money to retool the old place, it's just to big and to far away from Dearborn. But I'm hoping your right.