2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bill said Wixom?

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/05, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, not going to get into that.

Few different computer software products, but thats all I'm going to say.
Old 3/23/05, 07:14 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by V10+March 21, 2005, 5:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ March 21, 2005, 5:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-iwantastang@March 20, 2005, 8:21 PM
Just a thought, isn't the LS due for a huge makeover in the next year, and the Town Car/Crown Vic eventually change to the Fairlane? I thought I remember ed reading that on here that the LS was eventually going to be changed and that the Fairlane would eventually replace the Town Car and the Crown Vic.
LS is supposed to be made over for 2007. The new LS will be completely different built off the Volvo / 500 platform and built in Atlanta.

Sounds like you missed the det auto show, the Fairlane is a station wagon. Has nothing to do with the TC & CV.
[/b][/quote]

Actually, I live 15 minutes out of Detroit, go to school in Detroit, and went to the auto show TWICE. Yes i know the Fairlane was an SUV, but I originally heard that the Fairlane would be the next model name for the CV/TC. Sorry for speaking my .02 but I'm just relaying information. As for the LS, I was unaware that it was going to the new platform.
Old 3/23/05, 07:52 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I've heard the RWD Fairlane car was canceled a LONG time ago. It was supposed to be based on an updated cost reduced D/EW-98 platform. That flatform appears to be dead other than what Jaguar is doing with it.
Old 3/26/05, 12:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Board of director's would disscuss this, they might be
Sir John R. H. Bond
Richard A. Manoogian
Stephen G. Butler
Ellen R. Marram
Kimberly A. Casiano
Homer A. Neal
Edsel B. Ford II
Jorma Ollila
William Clay Ford
James J. Padilla
William Clay Ford, Jr.
Carl E. Reichardt
Irvine O. Hockaday, Jr.
Robert E. Rubin
Marie-Josée Kravis
John L. Thornton

They look that long term and short term plans.

my sig only two lines, read request by board a few weeks back about sig length
Old 3/26/05, 07:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bill_brenda@March 26, 2005, 3:21 PM
Board of director's would disscuss this, they might be
Sir John R. H. Bond
Richard A. Manoogian
Stephen G. Butler
Ellen R. Marram
Kimberly A. Casiano
Homer A. Neal
Edsel B. Ford II
Jorma Ollila
William Clay Ford
James J. Padilla
William Clay Ford, Jr.
Carl E. Reichardt
Irvine O. Hockaday, Jr.
Robert E. Rubin
Marie-Josée Kravis
John L. Thornton

They look that long term and short term plans.

my sig only two lines, read request by board a few weeks back about sig length

Thanks for proving my point, Bill Ford isn't on the top of that list. He gets one vote just like everyone else.

I have no problem with your signature, I wish more people would do it the way you do. You have the same amount of information as anyone with a long sig (20 lines) but you have it on two lines because you used the space bar instead of enter.
Old 3/27/05, 04:14 AM
Bullitt Member

now we all agree he does vote on it.
i didn't think you had a problem with my sig. short sigs sure make it easier to read through messages.
Old 3/27/05, 06:02 PM
GT Member

Okay, heres one for ya...
I was out drinkin beers with a friend who has been with Ford for years - they said that one of the board of directors said that they were very seriously considering a second Mustang production line at the Wixom Plant in Michigan.
Old 3/28/05, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

i wonder if they might make the cobra there? i'm not sure how the different drive train
of the new cobra fits with the flat rock plant line. how many t-birds did they make at the plant. is it close to what the cobra production would be ? :scratch:
Old 3/28/05, 09:46 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bill_brenda@March 28, 2005, 3:41 PM
i wonder if they might make the cobra there? i'm not sure how the different drive train
of the new cobra fits with the flat rock plant line. how many t-birds did they make at the plant. is it close to what the cobra production would be ? :scratch:
It actually is. However I would doubt them transferring 7500 chassis up there for just that one variation. I'm guessing the plant is either headed for a closure, or maybe an upcoming model.
Old 3/29/05, 08:08 PM
GT Member

The cost of extended overtime, not to mention the problems that this causes for the AAI workforce and their families is considerable...

Part of me wants some of the Wixom capacity converted into a 'Mustang skunk works' - producing special versions.
I'm tellin ya, Ford could find a lot more enthusiasts buying their stangs, if they planned a number of limited production runs. Cobra, California Special, High Country, and maybe a few that we never heard of, but we'd like to own.
Old 3/29/05, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Bill is CEO right and Clay is retiered correct ?
Old 3/29/05, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Mustang Ricky@March 29, 2005, 11:11 PM
The cost of extended overtime, not to mention the problems that this causes for the AAI workforce and their families is considerable...

Part of me wants some of the Wixom capacity converted into a 'Mustang skunk works' - producing special versions.
I'm tellin ya, Ford could find a lot more enthusiasts buying their stangs, if they planned a number of limited production runs. Cobra, California Special, High Country, and maybe a few that we never heard of, but we'd like to own.
Proof that they are working OT? I'm pretty sure they have just scaled back Mazda6 production.
Old 3/30/05, 07:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by Grantsdale+March 29, 2005, 10:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grantsdale @ March 29, 2005, 10:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mustang Ricky@March 29, 2005, 11:11 PM

Proof that they are working OT? I'm pretty sure they have just scaled back Mazda6 production.
[/b][/quote]

I read an interview with a Ford exec (might have been Phil Martens but I can't remember for sure) and he said they have not scaled back production of the Mazda6. I believe this interview was in regards to the recently announced increase in Mustang production and the question was asked about the impact to Mazda6 production.
Old 3/30/05, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@March 29, 2005, 10:27 PM
Bill is CEO right and Clay is retiered correct ?
Well, partly correct, Clay is his middle name.

The one on the left is William Clay Ford, he is the father and is retired, yes.
The one on the right is Bill Ford.
Old 3/30/05, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+March 29, 2005, 11:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grantsdale @ March 29, 2005, 11:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mustang Ricky@March 29, 2005, 11:11 PM

[/b][/quote]

They are working overtime and they have scaled back the Mazda 6 production too. And they love the overtime, are you kidding? Sure it causes problems in their personal lives, but it's always better to have too much work instead of not enough, especially in this economy, especially in Michigan, the worst unemployment rate in the country. Everyone I know loves the OT, take it when they can get it, things will level off eventually, then they'll wish they had it again.
Old 3/30/05, 02:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally posted by kcrw898@March 30, 2005, 2:30 PM
They are working overtime and they have scaled back the Mazda 6 production too. And they love the overtime, are you kidding? Sure it causes problems in their personal lives, but it's always better to have too much work instead of not enough, especially in this economy, especially in Michigan, the worst unemployment rate in the country. Everyone I know loves the OT, take it when they can get it, things will level off eventually, then they'll wish they had it again.
This is a direct quote from Brad posted in this forum on 3/18/05 regarding increased Mustang production:

Here are some quick questions I sent to David Reuter in Ford Division Public Affairs:

The Mustang Source: Does increased Mustang production mean fewer Mazda 6s?

David Reuter: No. Our Mustang production increase will not have any affect on Mazda6 production at AAI. The plant will continue to build the same number of Mazda6's that they planned to at the start of the year -- which is about 75,000 units.

TMS: Is there any talk of expanding Mustang production to a different plant?

DP: No, not at this time. We are comfortable that we will have appropriate supply from AAI. We always continuously evaluate our production vs. demand situation but right now this has not been discussed.

TMS: How many Mustangs have been built and are waiting on rail cars to get to customers?

DP: We've sold over 46,000 of the new 2005 model since its debut last fall. About another 25,000 are either on their way to dealers or are already in dealer stock. The plant has additional orders for 50,000 or more cars, not including several thousand which are in production as we speak.
I reiterate once again, Mazda6 production has not been scaled back.
Old 4/7/05, 07:25 PM
GT Member

Rumor killing update;
Yeah, I was out drinkin beers with Ford folks again and this subject was brought up. Whatever consideration was given by the board member(s) resulted in a decision based mostly on economics to scrap this production option involving Wixom. All S197 based final assembly will continue at AAI for the near term.
The term 'pure profit' was used to describe the ease of making this decision.

....Grantsdale wins another. V10 too. :worship:
Old 4/8/05, 06:55 PM
GT Member

CORRECTION:
The term 'almost pure profit' was used to describe the ease of making this decision.
Old 4/9/05, 08:33 PM

Mazda 6 production is the same as it has been. My husband is working plenty of OT. Seven days this week...
Old 4/12/05, 08:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think Wixom is on its way out unless finds some product that needs to get built there. I think also Ford is looking at making cars and if they can only make 200K of them and sell them all at MSRP, they are going to do that instead of putting in another production line somewhere to add another 50K that might need incentivtes to move them. Ford is all about Profit per unit vs. X amount of units getting built. They are retooling STAP so they can still make money on LESS Crown Vics being sold, since the plant can poo out about 400K units a year when the demand is about half that now.

Quick Reply: Bill said Wixom?