2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Better Pics of a Valencia Orange V6 Pony Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/06, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
definatly if they call that grabber orange they had better make Grabber blue an optionat some point, and give us a real blue color Vista/sonic blue is ok, but in some light it looks weird IMO, and windveil blue is too light for me and while on the subject, electric green is something i'd like to see too or dark highland green [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

and on the subject of Boss or Mach 1...i want to see both...but i'd go with the Boss
Old 2/26/06, 07:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Color: Mmmmmm...tasty

Spoiler: Yechhhh
Old 2/26/06, 07:34 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Love the color. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Hate the spoiler. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Ford is screwing with my mental health. Orange coming back when I can't get another mustang till 2009!
Old 2/26/06, 07:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

HA!

I knew the spoiler looked different in that original Valencia pic! Too bad I coudn't tell it was going to be so fugly!

Although, since the spoiler in these shots seems to be only the width of the decklid, I'm thinking there's a set of endcaps missing… like they haven't nailed down a final look yet or something. I don't think we're seeing the whole picture here.
Old 2/26/06, 08:00 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zzcoop @ February 26, 2006, 9:48 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
HA!

I knew the spoiler looked different in that original Valencia pic! Too bad I coudn't tell it was going to be so fugly!

Although, since the spoiler in these shots seems to be only the width of the decklid, I'm thinking there's a set of endcaps missing… like they haven't nailed down a final look yet or something. I don't think we're seeing the whole picture here.
[/b][/quote]
Just my opinion, but the spoiler on this car looks like it might be 'complete'... finished. I'm liking it for one reason, the vandalism angle. With a 3 piece ducktail, all I see are thugs ripping off one of the endcaps. This looks like it might be one piece.

<span style="color:#FF9900">But nobody answered my earlier post. So I'll repeat it. Do you think this spoiler is going to be only on the V6 Pony package or will Ford put it on the V8 GT's, too? In other words, does this replace the '05/'06 spoilers we have now?</span>
Old 2/26/06, 08:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not sure about the color, I was really hoping for a brighter orange, more like calypso coral or the new Challenger Orange, instead of the subdued funky looking orange these pictures seem to show. However, since I think that the color looks different in all three of the photos which I have seen, I'm going to hold off on ruling it out until I see a better pic.

I agree with most that I'm not crazy about the spoiler, but I think the new spoiler is a hands down 200% improvement over the stock "wing" spoiler. I still think they 05+s look best with the delete option.
Old 2/26/06, 08:57 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pitpup @ February 26, 2006, 9:03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just my opinion, but the spoiler on this car looks like it might be 'complete'... finished. I'm liking it for one reason, the vandalism angle. With a 3 piece ducktail, all I see are thugs ripping off one of the endcaps. This looks like it might be one piece.

<span style="color:#FF9900">But nobody answered my earlier post. So I'll repeat it. Do you think this spoiler is going to be only on the V6 Pony package or will Ford put it on the V8 GT's, too? In other words, does this replace the '05/'06 spoilers we have now?</span>
[/b][/quote]

I bet its the "different" feature for the 07.

the stripes and spoiler were the added thing in 05
The grille was for 06....
I bet that "thing" is the what for in 07.
Old 2/26/06, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pitpup @ February 26, 2006, 10:03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]The current spoiler will carry over. Look to the 2007 GT/CS photos for supporting evidence. I would like it to be an option on the GT's at least until I get the chance to see it in person. Upon further review, I've been known to change my opinion.
Old 2/26/06, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ February 26, 2006, 11:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I bet that "thing" is the what for in 07.
[/b][/quote]
They could call it the 'AFO' on the sticker. (Adams Family Option) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 09:49 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Although seeing the spoiler on the GT/CS showed the one spoiler...
That doesn't mean much considering that CS was made long before any plan on a spoiler change.

So take that with a grain of salt....
Could be right in that theres 2 spoilers...BUT... maybe not.
Until we see info/pics on the 07s... its all speculation
Old 2/26/06, 10:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ February 26, 2006, 10:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Although seeing the spoiler on the GT/CS showed the one spoiler...
That doesn't mean much considering that CS was made long before any plan on a spoiler change.

So take that with a grain of salt....
Could be right in that theres 2 spoilers...BUT... maybe not.
Until we see info/pics on the 07s... its all speculation
[/b][/quote]
Isn't speculation what we have always done best? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 10:30 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
The Spoiler is raised to clear the sides. If it were to be a three piece it would be flush. Ford is UPDATING the online cataloging on the Mustang Database this weekend. Maybe we will get lucky and I can confirm a Spoiler option change when they are through. Personally I like this spoiler better than the wing. Probably because it is at least different. It is not my Ideal by any means but a choice maybe never the less.I think the orange with some black stripes would look good. Although done improperly would be a bit holloween. Wheres the Alloy Grey pics? Thats the color I am hoping will be my 07 choice!

kc
Old 2/26/06, 12:21 PM

looks kinda like a taxi... im not the biggest fan of the color
Old 2/26/06, 12:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I think that color is going to bomb
Old 2/26/06, 12:39 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 2/26/06, 12:46 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

WOW
Old 2/26/06, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ February 26, 2006, 1:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking Brad. That color with flat black will rock. Now lets hope we see that color on the Boss ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 01:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The spoiler look's kind of cool from behind, but look's kind of funky from the side.
Old 2/26/06, 02:05 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

If they can keep orange till 2009! I can't get another till then- Gotta grow my daughter up so I can Pass Eleanor on!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that orange. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I think that color is awesome... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] The spoiler has to go... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
I don't know why FORD can design such a great looking car, but can't get somebody to design a good looking spoiler for it? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] If FORD has to downsize, I sure hope the guy/gal that designs their spoilers is one of the first to go....

Quick Reply: Better Pics of a Valencia Orange V6 Pony Mustang