2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Best way to "scout" GT's?

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/05, 12:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, here's the problem I'm running into. Here in NC, our dealers don't always act like they know what they are doing. I'm almost ready to buy a new GT, but I need to be able to find the one I want first. And before you say order one, I don't wanna have to wait forever to get it. I need a way to be able to find out which dealerships have which cars in stock, and the fordvehicles.com website seems to be terribly unreliable. Just the other day I searched the online inventory to see what they had, and when I got to the lot, none of the GT's on the website were there, and there were at least 6 GT's on the lot which didn't show up on the website at all. That's not exactly filling me up with confidence. How can I more accurately determine what is where? I've already been told by 3 dealerships that they won't search any other dealerships' inventories, nor will they trade cars, and I completely can't understand the logic behind that. I've made tons of phone calls to dealerships in NC, but am willing to expand my search and travel if I can find what I want for the right price. Suggestions, anyone?

And by the way, in case you've seen it, I'm looking for a GT Premium, Sonic Blue, automatic, Bullitt wheels, Shaker 500, IUP.
Old 3/8/05, 01:16 PM
Cobra Member

Summer is coming and therefore I don't see the prices coming down or the availability of GT's being any better untill next year. If you do get lucky and find something you almost like, better take it.

Mine is sitting all winter , but in a few months I'll be glad we have what we wanted, because there has been not a thing close on the lots.
Old 3/8/05, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Axelay@March 8, 2005, 1:38 PM
OK, here's the problem I'm running into. Here in NC, our dealers don't always act like they know what they are doing. I'm almost ready to buy a new GT, but I need to be able to find the one I want first. And before you say order one, I don't wanna have to wait forever to get it. I need a way to be able to find out which dealerships have which cars in stock, and the fordvehicles.com website seems to be terribly unreliable. Just the other day I searched the online inventory to see what they had, and when I got to the lot, none of the GT's on the website were there, and there were at least 6 GT's on the lot which didn't show up on the website at all. That's not exactly filling me up with confidence. How can I more accurately determine what is where? I've already been told by 3 dealerships that they won't search any other dealerships' inventories, nor will they trade cars, and I completely can't understand the logic behind that. I've made tons of phone calls to dealerships in NC, but am willing to expand my search and travel if I can find what I want for the right price. Suggestions, anyone?

And by the way, in case you've seen it, I'm looking for a GT Premium, Sonic Blue, automatic, Bullitt wheels, Shaker 500, IUP.

There is one at the Texan Ford dealer in Arlington Texas as of yesterday when I picked up my Black GT
Old 3/8/05, 01:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only other way then Ford Direct's website is actually calling the dealerships and asking.
Old 3/8/05, 06:02 PM
GT Member

Sometime they hide them - really - not kiding! Remote lots, back in the service shop etc., make sure you call. They could be sold as fast as they are coming in!
Old 3/8/05, 06:10 PM
V6 Member

Ugh. Made almost 2 hours of calls today to no avail whatsoever. A few salesmen said they'd search around and see if they could help me find one, but I'm not having high hopes right now...
Old 3/10/05, 08:17 AM
V6 Member

Any other suggestions...?