2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Beautiful, Just Saw 05

Search this Thread

Old 7/31/04, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got back from the Mustang Stampede that multimediageek had posted earlier. The 05 Mustang is absolutley gorgeus. Unfortunately I did not have my digital camera with me as I had hoped too. I'm sure someone else that attended will have it there. The car they had there was the GT (of course) with the IUP and the standard cloth, as well as the Shaker 1000.

I was very impressed with the car overall on the outside, I couldn't find anything about the car that I didn't like. I had an opportunity to sit in it and that was the most comfortable ride I have ever been in. The seats are nice and plush, the interior was beautiful and the guages definitely help finish the look.

For those of you that love manuals the shifter could not have been placed better. I sat down and let my arm rest on the center console and realized: "hey, the shifter is in the palm of my hand!" All the controls are within perfect reach of the driver (and mind you I am 5'6" with short wingspan, and I didn't to be rolled up right ontop the steering wheel).

Just a few gripes after finally seeing it in person:
- The grill is cheap plastic, and the Mustang in the center was too big. If you really don't like the fogs in the GT it probably wouldn't be difficult to pull the out and stick a nicer grille.
- The "brushed aluminum" dash sections felt like cheap plastic, but looked good.
- The e-brake is infact one of the funkiest designs I have ever seen. It's tight in on your body and for me it was sitting about the middle of my torso.
- The blinker control gets similar knocks for funky design.
- Where in the heck is the trunk release? Either myself and 6 other people where morons or they hid the release leaver very well.

A side note about the cloth interior... It was very plush and comfortable, the mustang logos that reflect in the material actually looked pretty cool in person. The pictures I've seen floating on the web don't do it justice.

Ohh and if your over 5', don't expect to ride in the backseat because it ain't happening. But we all expected that didn't we?

Overall, it is a beautiful car and the second I can afford it I'll be out on the lot to buy one. A little dissapointed in the quality of the materials used (namely in the dash and grille) but it is a "budget" muscle car so I won't gripe about it. Would have been nice to hear it started up and reved but alas it never happend.
Old 7/31/04, 03:57 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Mustang on the front grille is an exact replica of the one on the '64 1/2

The trunk release is on the keychain.
Old 7/31/04, 03:59 PM
I Have Admin Envy

awesome...

what color was the car?
Old 7/31/04, 04:20 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Where in the heck is the trunk release? Either myself and 6 other people where morons or they hid the release leaver very well.

I wanna know too- I have never found one in the 04s I have drooled on either.
Old 7/31/04, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

It was the torch red; I was really hoping for a windveil blue.
Old 7/31/04, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 31, 2004, 4:23 PM
Where in the heck is the trunk release? Either myself and 6 other people where morons or they hid the release leaver very well.

yup, its on the keychain. Just like the car im driving now(volvo S60R) there is no lever or release on the inside of the car, just on the wireless remote.
Old 7/31/04, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Trunk release is in the glove box .... or at least it used to be
Old 7/31/04, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

There wasn't a lever in the glove box. So it is likely on the key chain.
Old 7/31/04, 04:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

There should be a button in the glove box on the left hand side. At least thats where it is on the sn95.

Later,

Bee Bop
Old 7/31/04, 04:56 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Bhead32+July 31, 2004, 5:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bhead32 @ July 31, 2004, 5:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@July 31, 2004, 4:23 PM

yup, its on the keychain. Just like the car im driving now(volvo S60R) there is no lever or release on the inside of the car, just on the wireless remote. [/b][/quote]
Yea noticed the keychain- earlier gripe of mine- ugly remote. I have one on the DS door right now. Just want quick access to my shopping bags from the inside.
I know..
Old 7/31/04, 05:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

When I left the stampede and got back to my poor 95 Honda Civic, I just whimpered and smuggly plopped in and drove away.

I can't wait to experience the addition 95 horse the Stang v6 is going to put out compared to the paltry 105 that the Civic provides me. Oh yes I can feel the sting of speeding tickets already
Old 7/31/04, 05:17 PM
Bullitt Member

The grill is cheap plastic, and the Mustang in the center was too big. If you really don't like the fogs in the GT it probably wouldn't be difficult to pull the out and stick a nicer grille.
The emblem in the grill looks right on to me. So if the grill was an expensive plastic would it look better? What makes the plastic look cheap? It's black...I don't get it.

The aluminum on the dash felt cheap? I think it's real aluminum.
Old 7/31/04, 07:47 PM

i also looked in the common spots for the trunk release in the glove box and in the center console and nothing so it looks like the only button is on the keychain as far as the mustang emblem it looked perfect to me of course i have a 65 stang so i love that they put the 64 1/2 style on
Old 7/31/04, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@July 31, 2004, 4:00 PM

great.. when the battery goes dead in ur remote u cant open the trunk.
Old 7/31/04, 08:07 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by hdwrench+July 31, 2004, 9:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hdwrench @ July 31, 2004, 9:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4@July 31, 2004, 4:00 PM

great.. when the battery goes dead in ur remote u cant open the trunk. [/b][/quote]
Dang!

Whats that big ugly key for then? Too much effort
Old 7/31/04, 09:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Heh. *Every* so often, I will use those .. uh... oh yeah, LOCKS. Them things. Yeah, I'll use them in all the locks in the car just to be sure they still work. Juuuuust in case...
Old 7/31/04, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+July 31, 2004, 7:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ July 31, 2004, 7:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hdwrench@July 31, 2004, 9:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4
@July 31, 2004, 4:00 PM

Dang!

Whats that big ugly key for then? Too much effort [/b][/quote]
You know, if you put the edge of a nickle in the side of that remote, you can pop it open, and hey look at that a battery that comes out and is replacable. Probably available at your local grocery store or walmart impulse ailse
Old 7/31/04, 10:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by derynf+July 31, 2004, 10:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (derynf @ July 31, 2004, 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 31, 2004, 7:10 PM
Originally posted by hdwrench@July 31, 2004, 9:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4
@July 31, 2004, 4:00 PM

Dang!

Whats that big ugly key for then? Too much effort
You know, if you put the edge of a nickle in the side of that remote, you can pop it open, and hey look at that a battery that comes out and is replacable. Probably available at your local grocery store or walmart impulse ailse [/b][/quote]
They use standard lithium "cmos" batteries just like your motherboard does, they last about 5 years.
Old 8/1/04, 12:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

The emblem in the grill looks right on to me. So if the grill was an expensive plastic would it look better? What makes the plastic look cheap? It's black...I don't get it.

The aluminum on the dash felt cheap? I think it's real aluminum.
I was hoping for something along the lines of aluminum or chrome for the grill, not plastic. I didn't really note the quality of the plasitic (cheap, expensive, plastic looks the same reguardless of cost).

It very well could be real aluminum. All I do know is when I feeling it it seemed rather soft and squishy, not the feel I would think an aluminum dash should have. It is possible the backing under the aluminum was really soft which would give it a softer feel to the touch.

But like I said, I loved the car, and what few flaws I found where very insignificant.
Old 8/1/04, 12:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I didn't really note the quality of the plasitic (cheap, expensive, plastic looks the same reguardless of cost).
Exactly! That's why I was questioning your gripe. I don't think chrome or aluminum would look to good but, to each his own.

I can't wait to see the car in person again next weekend in Chicago.....hopefully they will have that windveil blue but, I'm not counting on it.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Beautiful, Just Saw 05