Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really nice looking.
Old 3/17/07, 12:41 AM
Cobra Member

very nice!

now that is GREAT bang for the buck!

$236 for set of 4 rotors front/rear!

stoptech has oem size replacement for $260 fronts, and $220 rears...
so that is nearly 2x the cost. Are stoptechs just way better? what would justify other oem size rotors to cost so much more??

do we get what we pay for???

thanks!
Old 3/17/07, 01:01 AM
GT Member

They have been working great for me so far and I have 1000 miles or hard driving on them already.. The hps pads are also doing great
Old 3/19/07, 03:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vsop
They have been working great for me so far and I have 1000 miles or hard driving on them already.. The hps pads are also doing great
Hey Joe, any chance you can post a picture of your rotors now that you've driven the car with them on for a bit? I'd like to see how they are holding up, and all. Also, the Hawk HPS pads, how is the dust on them? Is there alot, or are they low dust? Thanks for the info and help. Once I get my wheels (18X8.5 Antracite CS67's) ordered in a few weeks, I want to add these rotors to my car, for the whole dressed effect. Nice wheels look better with nice rotors.
Old 3/19/07, 03:41 PM
GT Member

I should really go out an buy a new digital cam now that they are all up in MD.. But I keep spending all the funds on the car.. I'l get one of my pals to take a pic this week so I can post them. The guy I asked to send me the pics last time never gave me them
Old 3/22/07, 06:07 PM
V6 Member

I just bought a set of these. They just arrived today. 74 lbs in shipping weight...ouch. Going to install these with some Hawk HPS brake pads on Monday.
Old 3/23/07, 01:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 07VistaBlueStang
I just bought a set of these. They just arrived today. 74 lbs in shipping weight...ouch. Going to install these with some Hawk HPS brake pads on Monday.
Hey 07, how do they look, and how is the quality? I am really thinking of these for my next upgrade with my new wheels that are coming out very soon!
Old 3/24/07, 07:35 AM
V6 Member

They definitely feel like a high quality rotor. And they just look amazing. I'll see if I can post some pics early in the week.
Old 3/24/07, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

where did you order them from?
Old 3/24/07, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

LethalPerformance.com, along with the Hawk HPS front and rear brake pads. I shopped around and it was the best price I could find. Not to mention the lifetime warranty sold me.
Old 3/24/07, 05:35 PM
GT Member

It sounds like there is a lot of intrest why doesnt someone talk to Jared and get a group buy going. I would be in.
Old 3/24/07, 05:43 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah - Jared should do a 'kit' like the Stoptech stage 2 kit with the GMS rotors, Hawk brake pads, steel braided lines and brake fluid..... I'm sure those would sell.....
Old 3/24/07, 05:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't have these rotors but the Hawk HPS are nice pads. They are quiet, help the stopping greatly and don't produce too much dust. Just bed them in and you'll be fine~
Old 3/25/07, 11:25 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Ok, I gotta ask. Just what good are the dimples? I can see the reason for drilled, but dimpled? Won't the brake dust build up in those? Won't they capture moisture, dirt, etc and cause early wear and tear?
They're for rubbing extra pad material off, like a cheese grater.
Old 3/26/07, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy
They're for rubbing extra pad material off, like a cheese grater.
Just to give the look of drilled, without drilling which can weaken the rotor and cause cracking
Old 3/26/07, 12:58 PM
V6 Member

Well, finished the install of the Hawk HPS brake pads and the Granatelli rotors. Also literally just got done burnishing them. Install wasn't too bad. It took me 4 hours mainly because I took my time and the darn phone kept ringing + neighbors coming over to chat about the car and like... You all know how that goes. Anyway I will keep you guys posted about how they perform, too early to tell. Although it does seem to shorten stopping distance quite a bit.
Old 3/26/07, 01:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, finished the install of the Hawk HPS brake pads and the Granatelli rotors. Also literally just got done burnishing them. Install wasn't too bad. It took me 4 hours mainly because I took my time and the darn phone kept ringing + neighbors coming over to chat about the car and like... You all know how that goes. Anyway I will keep you guys posted about how they perform, too early to tell. Although it does seem to shorten stopping distance quite a bit.
Thanks for the update Andy. Can you please post pics ASAP!! I'm getting a set of these from Jegs (great shipping rate on these), and want them for my new wheels I have coming. Just would like a picture 1st to confirm my desire to get them.
Old 3/26/07, 09:24 PM
V6 Member

This is a before and after(sort of) pic on the front driver's side before I put the wheel back on. The line in the rotor is from me testing the rotation. The outer brake pad was touching as it turned. This was quickly burned off during burnishing however. With the windows rolled down you can definitely hear the slots in the rotors during braking. It was curious at first but then I figured out what it was and it just takes some getting used to. Also, a funny little side note. I had forgot I had the alarm turned on and I started to jack up the car. Well the inclination set off the alarm and it scared the crap out of me... Good to know that it does indeed work though. It has ocurred that I don't have any pics of the rotors with the wheels on. I'll see if I can get the wheels cleaned up and take some pics with some of the pattern worn off.
Attached Thumbnails Awesome Set of Rotors from Lethal Performance-im000550.jpg   Awesome Set of Rotors from Lethal Performance-im000538.jpg  
Old 3/26/07, 11:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Lol, you even put a retaining clip back on the stud. Get those pics up!
Old 3/27/07, 05:32 AM
GT Member

Looking good. I may have to get a pair as well. How does the car break now with the HKS pads is there a big diffrence?
This is a before and after(sort of) pic on the front driver's side before I put the wheel back on. The line in the rotor is from me testing the rotation. The outer brake pad was touching as it turned. This was quickly burned off during burnishing however. With the windows rolled down you can definitely hear the slots in the rotors during braking. It was curious at first but then I figured out what it was and it just takes some getting used to. Also, a funny little side note. I had forgot I had the alarm turned on and I started to jack up the car. Well the inclination set off the alarm and it scared the crap out of me... Good to know that it does indeed work though. It has ocurred that I don't have any pics of the rotors with the wheels on. I'll see if I can get the wheels cleaned up and take some pics with some of the pattern worn off.

Quick Reply: Awesome Set of Rotors from Lethal Performance