2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone tired of Winter?

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/08, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Great White North

We`ve had more snow than I`ve seen in a winter since I`ve been here. It is raining right now and I hope the snow is over. Even with t-lok I`m goin to have to get better tires for next winter. I drive this car year round.

I need a break in the weather so I can install my Earls SS brake lines !
Attached Thumbnails Anyone tired of Winter?-goloden-ears.jpg   Anyone tired of Winter?-grouse-mtn.jpg  
Old 2/9/08, 10:30 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Move?

Washed the car in the driveway, used the new UDM and got all those swirls out, went for a cruise. Winter rocks.

Last edited by Okiewan; 12/12/14 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2/10/08, 04:59 AM
GT Member

i dont have a garage yet. i drive mine whenever. the car is meant to drive and have fun with. i understang why you wouldnt drive it in snow or salted roads (i havent either) but to not drive it because its cold outside is silly imo. you bought the car to enjoy and in the end it is a mustang gt that in 5-10 years from now will be worth half of what we payed for them (if we're lucky) so i say enjoy them. dont get me wrong i LOVE my car but ive been through this before with other cars and in 2010 it will probably be a new mustang if i like them (i will keep this one as well).
Old 2/10/08, 06:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys should see how it is where I am!

You guys are tired???? Look at what I have to drive during the winter!!!...A Kia Sportage with about 1 horse power. It snows so much here that I couldn't drive my mustang even if I had no other car, I would have to buy snow shoes ore cross country skies. My car is in a heated garage with and is inside of a bubble.

Last edited by mustang_lurkers; 3/7/08 at 04:26 AM.
Old 2/10/08, 08:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
You guys are tired???? Look at what I have to drive during the winter!!!...A Kia Sportage with about 1 horse power. It snows so much here that I couldn't drive my mustang even if I had no other car, I would have to buy snow shoes ore cross country skies. My car is in a heated garage with and is inside of a bubble.
That bubble is too cool.Not as cool as the car though.
Old 2/10/08, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
0°F
RealFeel®
-31°F
Winds: WNW
at 28mph

Sunny
Humidity: 50%
Dew Point: -15° F
Pressure: 30.36 in
Visibility: 10 Miles
Tonight
[ More ]

Low: -1°F
RealFeel®: -22°F
Sunset: 5:19 PM

Today
[ More ]

High: 4°F
RealFeel®: -23°F
Sunrise: 6:54 AM

its a little chilly here today. 18 tomorrow. Might need a light jacket if I go out today
Old 2/10/08, 09:47 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally Posted by Willie
Winter is the best time of year here. This afternoon I was out and about town -- with BOTH WINDOWS DOWN. You guys that live in sucky weather, why the heck do you live there?

The consequence to mild winters is the hot summers... Personally, I'd rather live in hot summer weather than cold winter weather. FYI, I don't own a winter coat and so far this winter, it has dipped below freezing one morning.

Because I would go insane without 4 seasons in a year. Nice weather all year long is great, but I would get disoriented after a while. My body is used to the seasons, and I would miss winter - by mid September I'm usually done with hot summer and am ready for fall.

That being said, by about mid-Feb (i.e. now) I am SO OVER winter. I am just ACHING for my car, which is stored about 2hrs north of me at my parents' place. Everytime I approach a corner in my winter car, all I want to do is heel-toe and get a nice shot of Mustang exhaust rumble and fly around that corner. I MISS MY MUSTANG! And she won't be out probably until mid-April (depending on how fast spring arrives).

K

PS - this particular winter has been a good old fashions hammering of snow here in Toronto. Some pics of a storm back in December...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone tired of Winter?-dscf1117sm.jpg   Anyone tired of Winter?-dscf1125sm.jpg  
Old 2/10/08, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not THAT tired of winter. I like the change of seasons and snow really is a beautiful thing. Besides, if it's cold, I put on the proper attire and then I'm not cold, not rocket science. I don't miss my car because I drive it in the winter, which is totally possible, if you choose to do so. Again not rocket science.
Old 2/10/08, 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I really just hate the cold, because my old bones can't take lying on cold concrete so much anymore, so I can't get anything done in my garage during winter. I've got sooo many boxes of parts to install that I'm gonna need a good week just to unpack them!!!
Old 2/10/08, 04:30 PM
Bullitt Member

You people are nuts! How could anyone say they wouldn't like it to be nice all year round??? I guess it's a bit different when you have to work outside in the crap too. I'd take nice all year round ANYDAY.
Old 2/10/08, 04:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
You people are nuts! How could anyone say they wouldn't like it to be nice all year round??? I guess it's a bit different when you have to work outside in the crap too. I'd take nice all year round ANYDAY.
It's typically said by those who haven't experienced the good weather all year
We had 16 years of Chicago winters ... don't miss the "seasons" one bit lol.

Last edited by Okiewan; 12/12/14 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2/10/08, 09:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am stuck on the planet hoth because I am in the military and was ordered to go! Sometimes you get sent to Puerto Rico, Hawaii or Guam and other times you get sent to Hoth, Antartica and Ice Planet Zero!
Old 2/10/08, 11:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
4 degrees here in Buffalo, 6 more weeks and then Maybe it will be decent enough
Old 2/12/08, 04:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
I'm not THAT tired of winter. I like the change of seasons and snow really is a beautiful thing. Besides, if it's cold, I put on the proper attire and then I'm not cold, not rocket science. I don't miss my car because I drive it in the winter, which is totally possible, if you choose to do so. Again not rocket science.
Alright then. I return now to eat my words, every last one of them. It snowed all last night and has been raining ice now for hours. I just tried to open my car door and there is so much ice piled on my car I can't even find the door handle. Hm. MUST venture out with the hockey puck and go to work. Hot water? Nooo, it will get down in my lock and refreeze. Ice pick? I think not. I have zero motivation to remove the ice covered snow from my puck, as it will then expose my paint to the pounding ice pellets. Uhg, the roads are like skating rinks, snow tires will be no help today. Do not wreck car. Do not wreck car. Do not wreck car.

I HATE WINTER.

The upside of this is I now have name for my car: Puck. Yes, I am going to name it Puck.
Old 2/12/08, 05:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Just stay home Lynda
Old 2/12/08, 05:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Mach1mania
4 degrees here in Buffalo, 6 more weeks and then Maybe it will be decent enough
I was stranded in Buffalo once
Old 2/12/08, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rondosa
Because I would go insane without 4 seasons in a year. Nice weather all year long is great, but I would get disoriented after a while. My body is used to the seasons, and I would miss winter - by mid September I'm usually done with hot summer and am ready for fall.

That being said, by about mid-Feb (i.e. now) I am SO OVER winter. I am just ACHING for my car, which is stored about 2hrs north of me at my parents' place. Everytime I approach a corner in my winter car, all I want to do is heel-toe and get a nice shot of Mustang exhaust rumble and fly around that corner. I MISS MY MUSTANG! And she won't be out probably until mid-April (depending on how fast spring arrives).

K

PS - this particular winter has been a good old fashions hammering of snow here in Toronto. Some pics of a storm back in December...
OK, I can't believe I am about to say this....I LOVE WINTER!!!! Ask me 10 years ago when I was a route driver for Poland Spring water delivering to 80 to 100 stops a day in NJ while it was 20 degrees outside, I would say different!

Kristina, like you I do miss the "4 Seasons" but I have gotten used to it. It still gets into the 80's this time of year down here but it is usually in the 70's with evening temps in the 60's to low 70's. The best part is every couple weeks it dips down enough to bring on sweat shirt weather, my favorite! I also love it when we get a cold blast and the temps fall into the 40's for a day or two. The "Natives" go crazy and dress like they are going to tailgate at a Green Bay Packers game. Summers are hot no doubt but to my surprise and my opinion they are worse in NJ. Up there you have a constant stagnant humidity. Here you feel the sun more then the humidity and god I don't miss the blazing haze up there.

I don't forecast myself staying here for the rest of my life but compromising up to the mid Atlantic states would be the choice, a little more of the 4 season action.
Old 2/12/08, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
I was stranded in Buffalo once
I grew up in Buffalo. You would think I wouldn't get so freaked out with snow. But then again I didn't drive in it too long before we moved to the snow belt called Cleveland! Anyway, I think growing up in snow is why I love it so much, just not driving in it.
Old 2/12/08, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Just stay home Lynda
I wish I could. I did make it to work. First 10 miles of highway was at least plowed, icy but doable very slowly. Second 10 miles was NOT plowed - my biggest problem was the dang snow being higher than the bottom of my car. IDIOTS. I hope I didn't screw anything up under my car

I probably would not hate driving in snow so much if they would just PLOW THE ROADS.
Old 2/12/08, 04:07 PM
GT Member

I hate WINTER thats why we moved to ORLANDO from the mountains of Maryland. But right now we are under a Tornado watch.Freezing rain in Maryland now.Can't win. But down here you have a smile on your face every day it's so warm,drag racing track is open all year, three times a week

Quick Reply: Anyone tired of Winter?