2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone with their car....

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/05, 11:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was originally locked in for production as of 4/27, but then it went back to merely being scheduled for week of 4/25. This sounds like a downgrade. Anyone with their cars experience this, and if so, were you delayed by getting shifted to another week eventually or anything similar?
Old 4/23/05, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@April 22, 2005, 11:39 PM
I was originally locked in for production as of 4/27, but then it went back to merely being scheduled for week of 4/25. This sounds like a downgrade. Anyone with their cars experience this, and if so, were you delayed by getting shifted to another week eventually or anything similar?

Yesterday mine said locked in for April 28th with build week of 25th....now it says scheduled for 28th week of 25th????

What is going on I would like to know also. Ughhh better get built next week, I cannot take this anymore. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 4/23/05, 08:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Hope this helps you: here is an excerpt from the history of my 05 GT. Dropping the phrase "...locked in for production..." is NOT a downgrade in your status, it is an update of your status.

As of 12/9/04, my unit "...is scheduled to be built the week of 1/10/05." On 1/7/05: "As of 1/11/05 your unit is locked in for production and scheduled to be built the week of 1/10/05." On 1/11/05, same message but without the "...locked in for production..." phrase. On 1/13/05: "As of 1/12/05, your vehicle was produced."

My car stayed right on the production schedule, even with the 2 week plant shutdown for the holidays in December. My problem, however, was in the transportation / shipping. Apparently the car shipped out, reached the mixing yard in Memphis, was recalled to the plant in Michigan, then re-shipped. Although built on 1/12/05, my car didn't leave the plant the first time until 1/30/05, and didn't reach the dealer until 2/21/05. I took delivery on 2/23/05, SIX WEEKS after production.

When your car comes in, watch for rail dust. More cars have it than not, although most buyers don't realize it or otherwise do not complain about it.

Run your hand over the painted finish; if it feels rough, or especially if you can see tiny dots or streaks on the paint (which I could---my car was covered with dots and streaks after being on the train for over 2 weeks), have the dealer clay bar then wax the car for you. It is covered under your Ford warranty. Do not try to wax it off yourself as that is impossible, it must be removed with clay bar. And you should not have to expend the effort yourself---again it is covered under warranty.

Hope this helps you guys.
Old 4/23/05, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by maucoin65@April 23, 2005, 8:42 AM
Hope this helps you: here is an excerpt from the history of my 05 GT. Dropping the phrase "...locked in for production..." is NOT a downgrade in your status, it is an update of your status.

As of 12/9/04, my unit "...is scheduled to be built the week of 1/10/05." On 1/7/05: "As of 1/11/05 your unit is locked in for production and scheduled to be built the week of 1/10/05." On 1/11/05, same message but without the "...locked in for production..." phrase. On 1/13/05: "As of 1/12/05, your vehicle was produced."

My car stayed right on the production schedule, even with the 2 week plant shutdown for the holidays in December. My problem, however, was in the transportation / shipping. Apparently the car shipped out, reached the mixing yard in Memphis, was recalled to the plant in Michigan, then re-shipped. Although built on 1/12/05, my car didn't leave the plant the first time until 1/30/05, and didn't reach the dealer until 2/21/05. I took delivery on 2/23/05, SIX WEEKS after production.

When your car comes in, watch for rail dust. More cars have it than not, although most buyers don't realize it or otherwise do not complain about it.

Run your hand over the painted finish; if it feels rough, or especially if you can see tiny dots or streaks on the paint (which I could---my car was covered with dots and streaks after being on the train for over 2 weeks), have the dealer clay bar then wax the car for you. It is covered under your Ford warranty. Do not try to wax it off yourself as that is impossible, it must be removed with clay bar. And you should not have to expend the effort yourself---again it is covered under warranty.

Thanks! That settles me a lot.
Old 4/23/05, 10:08 AM

Mine says the same thing now - "As of April 28th, your unit is scheduled to be built week of April 25th." I believe this is normal, however; as according to the Dealer Status Inquiry Glossary, it looks like "locked in" is within 10 days of production, then "scheduled" is within 8 days of production.
Old 4/23/05, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mine said the same thing, and a week later I had my car. No worries!
Old 4/23/05, 11:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, what they all said... It appears that once the 'locked in for prod...' is dropped, then the 'as of' date is probably the date you will actually start being built.
Old 4/23/05, 01:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, Tim, happy to help. I hope Scott sees the posts to this thread so he can calm down, also.

Just remember about the rail dust when the car comes in. Not a big deal, but don't ignore it either. Especially since it is covered under warranty.
Old 4/23/05, 03:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by maucoin65,April 23, 2005, 1:45 PM
[/quote]

OK, Tim, happy to help. I hope Scott sees the posts to this thread so he can calm down, also.

Just remember about the rail dust when the car comes in. Not a big deal, but don't ignore it either. Especially since it is covered under warranty.
[/quote]

I did and much more relaxed, thanks
Old 4/23/05, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by maucoin65@April 23, 2005, 8:42 AM

Good point about the rail dust, but I plan on claying my new Stang within days of its joyous arrival at my house. That's just something I don't want to let the dealership's 18-yr. old prep boy handle. :nono:
Old 4/23/05, 04:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by groupset+April 23, 2005, 4:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(groupset @ April 23, 2005, 4:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-maucoin65@April 23, 2005, 8:42 AM

Good point about the rail dust, but I plan on claying my new Stang within days of its joyous arrival at my house. That's just something I don't want to let the dealership's 18-yr. old prep boy handle. :nono:
[/b][/quote]

I agree...that is great input, but I think I am going to spend the weekend after I get it claybarring and waxing it myself. My way of getting acquainted with my baby.
Old 4/23/05, 05:46 PM

Speaking of its arrival at my house; I didn't go to near as much preparation when my two kids came home from the hospital - with the first one, I just assembled a crib and tossed it in a corner of a spare bedroom (the crib, not the kid). Since my order was serialized 3 weeks ago, I've been doing something in the garage every day - cleaning it; rearranging junk; talking to my Toyota pickup to explain why it's soon going to lose its prestigious spot in the single car bay; conducting inventory on Zaino and towel supplies. I'm even thinking about having one of those "New Arrival" signs made up for the front yard.
Old 4/23/05, 06:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by groupset@April 23, 2005, 5:49 PM
Speaking of its arrival at my house; I didn't go to near as much preparation when my two kids came home from the hospital - with the first one, I just assembled a crib and tossed it in a corner of a spare bedroom (the crib, not the kid). Since my order was serialized 3 weeks ago, I've been doing something in the garage every day - cleaning it; rearranging junk; talking to my Toyota pickup to explain why it's soon going to lose its prestigious spot in the single car bay; conducting inventory on Zaino and towel supplies. I'm even thinking about having one of those "New Arrival" signs made up for the front yard.

I hear ya...besides the Zaino, the exhaust, and other parts I have pressure washed my garage and am going to acid etch it and paint the floor to get it ready.
Old 4/23/05, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by stangscuba98a@April 23, 2005, 6:07 PM
I hear ya...besides the Zaino, the exhaust, and other parts I have pressure washed my garage and am going to acid etch it and paint the floor to get it ready.
I did that to my garage floor last summer - looks great!