2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone has a V6 manual with IUP yet?

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/05, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello! I ordered my V6, manual with side AB and therefore IUP in early October. Status is clean and unscheduled. I would like to see if there is anyone who either has recieved or has a different status on their V6 manual with IUP and possibly side AB. I know that there are some happy owners of V6 manual without IUP and V6 auto with IUP. I am specifically curious about V6 manual with IUP and possibly side AB. Thanks!
Old 1/14/05, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Eugene - see my signature - I am also waiting and with no definite build date in sight. The dealer suggests April. I hope that doesnt turn into an April Fool's joke!

Where are you? If in the south you stand a better chance than me for getting your car in the next month or two.
Old 1/14/05, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I am in the same boat, but last night I went to another dealer by my wifes office and there was a silver V6- Premium - Manual - with Dark Charcoal interior witht he interior sport package 18r and exterior sport package with the polished 16" with spinners. I drove it and darn really got me to thinking do I really need the IUP ? I test drove then a yellow GT sitting right next to it, 5 speed with IUP, spoiler delete, Black leather interior etc, darn that car has some *****. WAY different for only 80 hp and 75ft lbs of torq, WAY different.

But the thing I noticed is how I dont like the cheesy plastic (aluminum looking) dash panels. I really am thinking about taking those off if I get my car in with IUP, then I started playing with the MY Color stuff, and wow okay so you can change the lights, but Really how often am I going to do that ??? Once maybe 5 times. It become really trivial after only about 5 minutes of playing with it. So then I am looking around the interior, okay I love the brushed door cills with the Mustang etched into them. But driving that V6 with just the 18R looked pretty nice inside and the dash being all black except the chrome bezel rings on the gauge cluster looked pretty sharp. And I can always buy some aftermarket door cills.

So now If I can just find a white one with the option that I want I might just get my car a little sonner then planned....

OR I might just wait for my car to get here, decisions decisions.....
Old 1/14/05, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Ken - I am in NJ. Ordered from a NY City dealer.

Robert - true, I doubt anyone will use MyColor much, BUT you get to choose the color you like and will look at for a long time. For example, my wife's car has orange lighted gauges and I really don't like that. I would prefer dark blue, like in VW or gray. Also, I refuse to buy a new car without side AB. My mom was in an accident where an old lady ran a red light and hit my mom's Subaru on the side. Lucky for her, it was a passenger side that got hit. Let's just say it would not be pretty if there was someone in the passenger seat. Her next car is a Forrester again (very good car), but with side AB this time. So, these are my reasons to wait, though my Camry is getting "tired".
Old 1/15/05, 10:07 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@January 14, 2005, 11:26 AM
But the thing I noticed is how I dont like the cheesy plastic (aluminum looking) dash panels. I really am thinking about taking those off if I get my car in with IUP, then I started playing with the MY Color stuff, and wow okay so you can change the lights, but Really how often am I going to do that ??? Once maybe 5 times. It become really trivial after only about 5 minutes of playing with it. So then I am looking around the interior, okay I love the brushed door cills with the Mustang etched into them. But driving that V6 with just the 18R looked pretty nice inside and the dash being all black except the chrome bezel rings on the gauge cluster looked pretty sharp. And I can always buy some aftermarket door cills.

So now If I can just find a white one with the option that I want I might just get my car a little sonner then planned....

OR I might just wait for my car to get here, decisions decisions.....
I changed my mind on IUP too. At first I wanted it, but the more I see of it, the more overdone it looks to me.

I mostly wanted the message center, the extra gauges, and the vinyl door panel inserts. But then I found out what a dumb thing they did with the MPG display, to I don't really want the message center after all, and since the extra gauges aren't really analog, I don't really care if I have those either. I can live without the vinyl door panel inserts.

The only situation where I would get IUP for sure is with dark charcoal, since it looks like the inside of a cave without it. Non-IUP cars in light graphite look really good to me.

It would be really nice if Ford would include the vinyl door panel inserts with the side air bag package. It wouldn't increase the cost of the package much, and then side air bags wouldn't be tied to an appearance package. I guess there's probably about 3 other people that want that too.
Old 1/15/05, 04:39 PM

I ordered a v6 prem manual with IUP back in early august, and I just got a build week of the 17th of Jan. Received VIN in Dec. when the hold on IUP was lifted for like 45 minutes.

I dunno if I'm scheduled because I ordered so long ago, or that I'm sort of in the south, (missouri)

I'm looking forward to it after at least 5 months of waiting. ( I actually would've ordered back in May but I couldn't decide between the 05 stang, or a nissan 350z) I don't regret the decision, but the waiting has been tough.

Danno
Old 1/15/05, 06:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bookemdano@January 15, 2005, 5:42 PM
I ordered a v6 prem manual with IUP back in early august, and I just got a build week of the 17th of Jan. Received VIN in Dec. when the hold on IUP was lifted for like 45 minutes.

I dunno if I'm scheduled because I ordered so long ago, or that I'm sort of in the south, (missouri)

I'm looking forward to it after at least 5 months of waiting. ( I actually would've ordered back in May but I couldn't decide between the 05 stang, or a nissan 350z) I don't regret the decision, but the waiting has been tough.

Danno
I test drove the V6 manual about a month ago. I thought it was a lot of fun!

I think you'll like it!

There's quite a difference between a V6 Mustang and a Nissan 350Z though. What made you go for the stang?