2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone else sick and tired of.........

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/05, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I are trying to get an 05 GT. My father is also going to buy an 05 Explorer. My father is eligible for the x-plan. I had already gotten a msrp price from the dealer I was planning on doing business with. He had no idea about my father's intentions on buying an Explorer or anything about the x-plan. So I talk to them today to see what deal I could get on an 05 GT and Explorer with the x-plan and 4 trade-ins. The guy said he would find out if they would allow the x-plan on the GT. I called him back this afternoon and he told me they won't do the x-plan on the GT. I mean seriously!! We are trading in up to 4 cars, and going to be giving this dealership anywhere from 35,000 to 50,000 dollars and they won't do it because they won't give the x-plan on a car that is standard production and that we were going to order. I'm sorry but this whole crap about paying msrp, charging over msrp, and not giving customer's the plans that they qualify for is insane. I love the 05s as much as anyone. However, no matter what you say, this is still a standard production car. Nothing more, nothing less. So if anyone has any advice as to a good dealer to deal with in Alabama, please let me know. I think I going to wait until we actually get the stang before I disclose the name or names of the all the dealerships that stink. I figure that will take up less web space. Sorry for the rant.
Old 6/20/05, 03:13 PM

It's good old supply in demand. My wife has had an itch for a vert since she drove my friends 99 Cobra. We went out this past weekend and looked at a couple of dealers. MSRP + 3K for a V6 vert. One had a $1500 markup and $1500 for Lojack. The otrher was just $3000 market adjustment. Drove one of them. A very sweet car. The 6 ran nice and the car was very solid. Not much cowl shake. I just can't pay even list for a car, not to mention over. Called several dealers today. Simular stories from anyone that had one in stock. We're just going to wait until demand drops and production catches up. I figure by next year this time, maybe these cars will be a little more plentiful or they'll start showing up in the used market with a used car price. By the way, I fully believe in the free market. Let them make the $$$ now. I can wait.
Old 6/20/05, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I am at least glad that you didn't pay that mark up for one of those cars. It really isn't that hard. If people didn't spend most of their time trying to out do everyone else or only think of themselves we wouldn't have this issue. Im sorry, I undestand how the market works (and people's lack of common sense), but it still gripes me to the core that people pay these stupid prices for something that isn't even limited. Good luck to ya'll and finding your stang.
Old 6/20/05, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sscobra@June 20, 2005, 4:59 PM
So if anyone has any advice as to a good dealer to deal with in Alabama, please let me know.
I got my '05 GT in April from Mike Patton Ford in Opelika, AL. They're a no hassle dealer. I got my Stang with X-plan....it was a dealer stock, though, but had all but 2 things I wanted. I told them I wasn't paying the $2000 over MSRP listed, and I had the X-plan, and if they would get right with me on the price and take the x-plan, I'd drive that car off their lot that night. They got right with me. I drove that Stang home that night!!!!
Old 6/21/05, 09:07 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same thing happened to me..the guy said x-plan no problem..so i go back about a month later and he chaged his tune...there are dealers willing to take x-plan,just not very many..a diamond in the ruff if you will!!keep searching it'll happen..good luck..
Old 6/21/05, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, if you want, I can give you my dealers name and number, it's Allan Vigil (largest dealer in Georgia, sell more trucks than anything, there lot is huge) my dealer is great. He'll do x-plan no problem. Not sure where in Alabama but my dealer is right near Hartsfield Atlanta Airport. Near I-20 and also 85/285. Anyway, wouldn't think of too far of a drive for you. Just buy the GT from him, enjoy the trip home, and buy the Explorer from your local dealer.

I ordered an 06 but he's called me 4 times on 05 GT's that have come in willing to sell for x-plan, no hidden fees, etc. He's great and no BS.

They are close to my work, I work for Delta, but I live 50 miles North-West. None of the dealers in between would go x-plan or MSRP, Even they guy we bought a 2004 40K F-250 power stroke from just 6 months ago. Anyway, I know how you feel, I think it would be worth the 2 hour drive for the $2000+. Oh and I would get 50 bucks for referral.

You can talk with him via email too, quick response.
Old 6/21/05, 11:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

My dealer has 2 V-6's for MSRP or A,X,Z,D plan with no markup. They currently have a Redfire convertible Auto with parchment built 6-7 $26,000 and a Windvail blue coupe with IUP, 5-speed built 6-6 $22,000 Indiana location if anybody is interested.
Old 6/21/05, 11:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

It really sickens me how Ford dealerships treat the friends and loved ones of the people who BUILD THE CARS THEY SELL. I honestly think that this may be part of the the American Auto Industry's build quality problem. I know if I was a worker in a Ford plant and I found out my girlfriend or my best friend couldn't get the x-plan from a PIN I gave them, I'd be livid. Might even call the delaership and make some annonymous threats like I know which car your dealership gets and they're coming with an f-ed up so-and-so, lol.

But seriously, how happy can a Ford plant worker truly be when they are made to look like a-holes because of greedy dealers!? I know MY work day would be soured. An unhappy assembly plant worker means an unhappy assembly of parts.

There's that old saying (PG rated version, lol) - you don't poop where you eat. The dealers do that every time they deny an employee benefit plan. :bang:
Old 6/22/05, 06:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JohnMarshall@June 20, 2005, 4:16 PM
It's good old supply in demand. My wife has had an itch for a vert since she drove my friends 99 Cobra. We went out this past weekend and looked at a couple of dealers. MSRP + 3K for a V6 vert. One had a $1500 markup and $1500 for Lojack. The otrher was just $3000 market adjustment. Drove one of them. A very sweet car. The 6 ran nice and the car was very solid. Not much cowl shake. I just can't pay even list for a car, not to mention over. Called several dealers today. Simular stories from anyone that had one in stock. We're just going to wait until demand drops and production catches up. I figure by next year this time, maybe these cars will be a little more plentiful or they'll start showing up in the used market with a used car price. By the way, I fully believe in the free market. Let them make the $$$ now. I can wait.
The '06 year is supposed to be just like '05, so don't tihnk the wait is gunna get better.
Old 6/22/05, 03:15 PM
GT Member

No dealer is obligated to give X-plan on a cars that they currently have very little inventory from. Your in the business to make money. At this current time do you sell the vehicle to someone at little profit, or do you sell at a decent profit. Its plain and simple business if you don't like it, quit female ******* and dont buy there. Its that easy.

As for those of you who refuse to pay over MSRP and will wait till demand resides. Well,
1.Demand wont be residing any time soon. Yes it will reside, but not as soon as you think.
2. When you are ready, the 2-4 prices increases that took place, your still paying the same at MSRP, then you would have if you paid MSRP plus $2-3K. Whats the darn difference?

You people act like these grown adults are forced to pay over sticker. You show me one person who was ever forced to sign a auto contract, and ill give you my car, and title to go along with it!
Old 6/22/05, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

ArkAngel, have you seen the difference between MSRP and Xplan? I assure you a couple of price increases won't touch the difference in price. On my 06 order I'm still saving about $2500 if you factor in the price increase.

And as far as demand not decreasing, thats anyones guess. Its easy to sit back and tell people what they should and shouldn't do when they are buying. Are you planning on buying a new Mustang this year?
Old 6/22/05, 06:44 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die!
Old 6/23/05, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Uh...bought mine november 2004 for MSRP and was "chastised" for it....Yeah, with a plan I could have saved 1500....but....I have been driving it since november. To me, the 1500 was not a loss...it was the entry fee to get mine when I wanted it...not 6-8 months later.
I would NEVER have paid over MSRP though....

Jay