2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Tungsten GT/V6's

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/05, 03:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know of any Tungsten GT or V6's in the Minneapolis metro area I can go take a look at. Apple Valley Ford has recieved a few 06's, but no Tungsten. I would like to see it to decide if I want to switch back to Tungsten before it's to late.
Thanks
Old 8/23/05, 06:20 PM

Hey Matthew, do you still have your car ordered through Dahl?
Old 8/23/05, 06:40 PM
Cobra Member

Yes I do. I switched from Tungsten to Windveil Blue because I didn't see any pictures of Tungsten that I was happy with. Now I've seen a few that make the color look pretty cool. I'd like to see the color in person before switching back. Any thoughts.
Old 8/23/05, 06:48 PM

Have you gone to the nearest dealer and checked the paint samples? I promise if you do...you will change back to Tungsten.

Have you been checking the VOPC number on your order? The reason I ask is I am having some problems with the speed at which my order is progressing. Most of the issues are due to "drop ship approval". Are you having any problems with getting your order scheduled.
Old 8/23/05, 06:58 PM
Cobra Member

I was told that I probably wouldn't see mine until Oct. or Nov. After hearing all the horror stories, I'm not getting my hopes up for that. I'm guessing December. We'll see. I went to Apple Valley Ford (who by the way has 15 v6's on the lot) and they don't have any samples yet. I was hoping someone on this site would know of a different dealer with the Tungsten. Anyway, have you been locked in or anything yet. Any schedule date?
Old 8/24/05, 05:52 AM

No. ERL keeps telling me "compatability error" because my drop ship to dealer has not formally approved the shipment. I can't tell if Dahl is lying to me or if the ship to dealer is lying to me. So far, I probably have one of the most unique Mustang order horror stories. I ordered 6/16/05, job 1 began 3 weeks ago, and I am still not C/U.
Old 8/25/05, 06:56 PM

Matt ordered his car from me. Trust me, we are not lying to you. The car is ordered with everything you want. There are some orders ahead of you though. You are priority 16 and still uncompatible probably because of the drop ship.

Matt, I might be able to arrange for you to see the tungsten and and windveil blue colors in person. I just delivered a 05 windveil blue yesterday, and he put silver racing stripes on it. Also, delivered a 06 tungsten today, our first 06 gt. I have pics of both. I know both of these people really well and might be able to arrange them to bring their cars in for you to see. Let me know if you're interested!

Kyle
Dahl Ford
Old 8/25/05, 07:01 PM

In my opinion, stay with the blue. I thought i would love the tungsten, but didn't think it was that great. The blue looked awesome!
Old 8/25/05, 07:13 PM

Kyle,

Thanks for the straight up answer. I think I am just getting a little too anxious. Randy and Marybeth have been great with my requests and emails(there have been many).

Also, what disappointed you about the Tungsten? Maybe I missed something in the paint sample that everyone else is seeing on the cars. There is a lot of talk about a purple/pink hue to it.
Old 8/25/05, 07:35 PM
Cobra Member

Nothing really disappointed me about the color. I just wasn't sure if I should order a color I can't see. Some pictures look good, and some just fine to me. I think it will be a cool color in the sunshine. I'm not sure about the purple hue people are talking about because I haven't been able to see it. I think everyone will really like what ever color they pick. Thanks Kyle for the offer, but I'm gonna stick with the WB. I've seen it and am really happy with that color.
Old 8/25/05, 11:35 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Windveil and silver stripes is an awesome looking combo.
Old 8/25/05, 11:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Cobber, are those the real 18 inch polished bullits?
Old 8/26/05, 08:00 AM

Allen, I thought I would love the tungsten color, but when it came off the trailer I was really disapointed. There definitely is a pinkish hue that you can see at certain angles. Just seems like a dull color. Almost reminds me of a toned down chameleon paint. It did start to grow on me when it was cleaned up and the bullitt wheels were put on, but definitely not my favorite I've seen. That's just my opinion, but others have said they liked it the best. I don't know if that helps at all. I definitely liked the mineral gray much better.

Keoni, NO they are not the real 18'' bullitts. These wheels are Ford wheels available in their Mustang accessories catalog or any ford parts store. They are 17'' as well.
Old 8/26/05, 08:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Cobber@August 25, 2005, 9:04 PM
In my opinion, stay with the blue. I thought i would love the tungsten, but didn't think it was that great. The blue looked awesome!
These kind of pics have me wondering. I've seen WVB plenty of times in person, and it looks nothing like what's in these pics. It's much lighter, much more like silver with a little blue mixed in, a powderish blue.
So now I have to go to a few dealers and look at Tungsten.
Old 8/26/05, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Just got back from my dealer. Tungsten is not grey, it's lavender. I'm changing my order. See the other thread I posted in (which you're all probably following anyway) for details and other comments.
Old 8/26/05, 02:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by DiamondBlue@August 26, 2005, 10:13 AM
These kind of pics have me wondering. I've seen WVB plenty of times in person, and it looks nothing like what's in these pics. It's much lighter, much more like silver with a little blue mixed in, a powderish blue.
So now I have to go to a few dealers and look at Tungsten.
Yikes, being a bit of a post hog here, but...

Also saw two WVB's at the dealership. They were distinctly different colors, one a few shades lighter than the other. I moved around them both to see if it was just an angle thing with the shifting color, but no. Wonder how much variation they allow in the color mixes.

It was a good color. Not my taste - I'm considering Legend Lime and I know that's definitely a love it or hate it color - but a good color. Way better than Tungsten.
Old 8/26/05, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Hey Matt--color choice is a matter of personal preference (Baskin Robbins / 31 falvors, and all that). That said, I'll state that you won't go wrong with Windveil Blue. It is an awesome color, in any lighting, weather, or time of day. I've gotten a LOT of comments about my 2005 Msutang GT, but the most frequent comment is "...that is a beautiful car, the color is gorgeous....".

And, it doesn't show the dirt very well. It looks clean even when dirty, which is great for tiding you over until you can wash it.

It is a true color, not washed out at all. And it doesn't get too hot inside like the dark colors do.

Highly recommended.
Old 8/27/05, 04:33 PM

A few weeks ago I went to a local dealer to look at a paint sample of tungsten grey. I ordered tungsten based on the paint sample.

After hearing all the purple/pink/lavender/pearl hue stories I finally went today to the nearest dealer who had a tungsten Mustang in stock.

I am very disappointed. Cobber was right about the color being dull. Tungsten does have the hue, and I even saw tungsten at 2:00 PM in full sunlight.

I am going to change my order to another color and my member name.

Matt, stick with the windveil blue. It looks great day and night.
Old 8/27/05, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

God I love this website. Thanks everyone. Member #8459, what are you going to change to?
Old 8/27/05, 05:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Route 66@August 27, 2005, 6:57 PM
God I love this website. Thanks everyone. Member #8459, what are you going to change to?
He should just change it to "Member8459".

Quick Reply: Any Tungsten GT/V6's