2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Any one have any info on the use of the X-Plan?

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/05, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking on any info on the use of the x-plan. I am able to use the plan but have never bought a vehicle using any type of plan before. Hoping that some one would have info on how it works or if there are any down sides to the plan. I will be planing to use the plan in July, and will be using between 17,000 and 24,000 down on my new stang. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Old 4/29/05, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

try the search feature and also check the FAQ's.

Only downside is, the dealer doesn't have to accept it.
Old 4/30/05, 02:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

James - you may have to search a little for a dealer that will accept it, but you can find one. It's a painless process, they're easy to use. The person giving you the plan just punches your info into their computer and presto, magic....you have a PIN! No downside.
You may want to rethink ordering in July. Depending on your dealer's allocation, you won't have your car until Fall at the earliest.....maybe quite a bit later than that. Good luck!
Old 4/30/05, 08:52 AM

The dealer (Friendly Ford) in vegas accepts the x plan. So far they are the only dealer around the area that will accept the plan. Thanks for the info.
Old 4/30/05, 09:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Air Force Sgt's 1st stang@April 30, 2005, 8:55 AM
The dealer (Friendly Ford) in vegas accepts the x plan. So far they are the only dealer around the area that will accept the plan. Thanks for the info.
The only downside I know of (once you have found a dealer who accepts the plan) is that some dealers assign X-Plan orders much lower priority than those taken at MSRP or above. The dealer can assign a priority to its orders of numbers between 10 and 45 (I believe), with 10 being the one that will be built the soonest.

I have X-Plan and ordered through the only local dealer I could find that would take the plan. He said the best priority code he could give me was 40. I waited for two months, then was told my order might take up to four months more. This would have put me right up against the build-out date for the '05s. I decided that I didn't want to wait a total of six months with no guarantee I would even get an '05, so purchased at MSRP from another dealer.

My advice to you is to order ASAP and try to get a VOC (order confirmation) printout from the dealer with your priority number on it. This proves he ordered it. My understanding is that Ford is not accepting orders for any more '05 GTs, but the order bank for the '06s opens in early May. With luck, you'll get a low priority code and be at the start of the line for an '06.

Sorry there is no Air Force Blue available on the '06s, but I'm sure you'll find a color that is allowed on base . I was fortunate to be able to tour the Thunderbirds facility at Nellis shortly before 9/11 (I tagged along with my uncle's Bomb Group reunion). I imagine that would be next to impossible now .
Old 4/30/05, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X plan should be 2% over invoice, at least that was what it was for me. Just so you are aware there is a issue between Ford USA and the dealerships were they charge a "processing fee" in addition to the cost of the vehicle and any taxes. What is processed is beyond me but in Canada it is an extra $299.00 on your invoice.
Old 4/30/05, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by poldrv@April 30, 2005, 9:47 AM
X plan should be 2% over invoice, at least that was what it was for me. Just so you are aware there is a issue between Ford USA and the dealerships were they charge a "processing fee" in addition to the cost of the vehicle and any taxes. What is processed is beyond me but in Canada it is an extra $299.00 on your invoice.
X-plan is actually right around invoice or slightly under. Ford does not allow any additional fees added to that price as Ford pays the dealer an additional percentange after the sale is completed. The dealer should furnish a copy of the factory invoice which shows the X-plan price. And yes a dealer is not required to accept a sale under X-plan.
Old 4/30/05, 07:56 PM

IWantMyNewGT
Sorry there is no Air Force Blue available on the '06s, but I'm sure you'll find a color that is allowed on base . I was fortunate to be able to tour the Thunderbirds facility at Nellis shortly before 9/11 (I tagged along with my uncle's Bomb Group reunion). I imagine that would be next to impossible now
Actually i was looking at either white or silver . You can still tour the thunderbirds hanger but its only at certain dates.

The dealer said they dont have the order codes for the 06's yet, but i know that will change soon. I'll be calling once or twice a week until they get the codes, then i'm on my way there to fill in the order slip.
Old 4/30/05, 08:55 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry there is no Air Force Blue available on the '06s, but I'm sure you'll find a color that is allowed on base .

All yes, Air Force Blue. One of my favorite, right up there with grabber blue.

James, I'm getting an X-PLan too. Going through Experiemental Aircraft Assoication (EAA) to get it. You have to wait a year after joining before you are X-Plan eligible. Just 5 months to go for me, but I may wait longer to see what type of special editions are coming down the pike.

Welcome to the TMS.
Old 5/1/05, 10:45 AM

Thanks AFBlue. I'm getting the X-plan because my wife works for the MGM company in vegas. I understand your position. I too might wait and see what SE are going to be coming out.