The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Any ideas on when Ford will air the first TV ads? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/any-ideas-when-ford-will-air-first-tv-ads-388394/)

hdwrench 7/26/04 10:35 PM

what is "tv?"

Piston NV 7/26/04 11:00 PM

I remember that ad well. The first time I ever got choked up watching a commercial.
I recorded it on my DIRECTiVo and kept replaying it for days :banana:

BTW- I remember two commercials
1) 1987 The black GT racing down an old road past an old man sitting on the porch, anyone else remember?

2) The "Ohh Rusty" DMV commercial.

Col.Spider 7/27/04 12:55 AM

I have an appointment latter this week with the agency who handles most of Fords (tier 2) advertising to discuss possibilities for Q4. If I hear anything about the 05 Mustang campaign I will let you know.
But from what I had heard earlier from one of Fords P.R. people, the flood doors would open as soon as the cars hit the lots!

mustangfun101 7/27/04 02:49 AM

Haven't there been ads for cars/trucks prior to their release dates? I could swear I have seen "and coming soon to the lineup" ads.

TMSBrad 8/1/04 04:37 PM

The first commercials will air in November. That is when the cars will be on all dealer lots, and they don't want to air a commercial in a region where the cars aren't available.

USA-Adam 8/1/04 06:03 PM

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@August 1, 2004, 4:40 PM
The first commercials will air in November. That is when the cars will be on all dealer lots, and they don't want to air a commercial in a region where the cars aren't available.
So I take it the Ford GT commercials were image commercials then? Cuz you can't really go up to a Ford dealer and ask to see one . .

MustangMan311 8/1/04 06:07 PM

Originally posted by vwAirCooled@July 26, 2004, 5:45 AM
I dont recall ever seeing a commercial for a mustang specifically (by itself) before.. But I think I have seen ads that have a mustang in it along with other ford cars... Anyone else remember?
They are currently showing an ad here in North Carolina of the 'Stang by its self... gosh the song is so corny... 'nothin could be finer then being in carolina'

EleanorsMine 8/1/04 06:12 PM

Originally posted by MustangMan311+August 1, 2004, 7:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MustangMan311 @ August 1, 2004, 7:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vwAirCooled@July 26, 2004, 5:45 AM
I dont recall ever seeing a commercial for a mustang specifically (by itself) before.. But I think I have seen ads that have a mustang in it along with other ford cars... Anyone else remember?
They are currently showing an ad here in North Carolina of the 'Stang by its self... gosh the song is so corny... 'nothin could be finer then being in carolina' [/b][/quote]
CHarlotte Eh?

MustangMan311 8/1/04 06:16 PM

No, outside of Durham, very small town, like the boondocks

TMSBrad 8/1/04 06:18 PM

Originally posted by USA-Adam+August 1, 2004, 7:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (USA-Adam @ August 1, 2004, 7:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BlueStangVert@August 1, 2004, 4:40 PM
So I take it the Ford GT commercials were image commercials then? Cuz you can't really go up to a Ford dealer and ask to see one . . [/b][/quote]
Right. They don't need commercials to sell that car; they need that car to sell the brand.

os121 8/16/04 06:16 PM

OMG - I just was watching the olympics, and saw this ad that featured a 65/66 Mustang Vert. The car was beautiful, and the women in the ad were a bit older, but attractive. It certainly captured my interest, thinking that the 2005 might make a cameo appearance. Then ... the whole thing went south, literally ! It was a commercial for Depends !!! :eek: Anyone else see it ?

autothing 8/16/04 06:26 PM

That's why Mustangs are such a great deal -- no PR money spent (almost like BMW), so you get way more than big advertisers like Lexus spend (well yeah, they give luxury too, but you PAY for it unlike the new Mustang :) )

Treadhead 8/16/04 08:37 PM

Originally posted by os121@August 16, 2004, 6:19 PM
OMG - I just was watching the olympics, and saw this ad that featured a 65/66 Mustang Vert. The car was beautiful, and the women in the ad were a bit older, but attractive. It certainly captured my interest, thinking that the 2005 might make a cameo appearance. Then ... the whole thing went south, literally ! It was a commercial for Depends !!! :eek: Anyone else see it ?
Yep, I saw that too! Nothing like getting your hopes up just to find out it's for adult diapers. :angry:

sajawebb 8/16/04 08:48 PM

Yeah I Tivo'd the GT too, and the mags will review late sept/early oct, and like brad said the commercials will kick off late oct/early nov...you know after columbus day, but before turkey day. :w00t: