2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Any Ford employees here?

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/05, 12:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So heres my situation. My car is on its way & should be here early next week. I was getting an A plan from my brother who works for Ford at the plant in Buffalo. Well he called me today & told me that his truck died & he needs his A plan to order a new one. He has already given his other plan away. I was pretty upset because now Im stuck. He offered me an X plan but I know that my dealer wont take an X plan on the Mustang because they dont reimbursed as well as they do on the A plan.

So Im stuck & was NOT planning on paying sticker when I got my finances in order for this purchase. Is there any Ford employees here who could help me out? If so PM, I would be eternally (sp?) grateful & would definately previde whatever assistance you need. Thanks a ton!!!

Mike
Old 4/23/05, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

You may want to check the forums over at http://www.blueovalnews.com/ where lots of Ford Employees hang out.

A-Plan may be tough though since it's only supposed to be for family, I think. Good luck.
Old 4/23/05, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

as far as i know, A-plan is for family only, and i thought you are allowed to use it for 4 vehicles per year.
Old 4/23/05, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Believe it is for more than 4 vehicles, used to be just 4 but now I believe you can do more. Just picked up my stang friday using A-plan

Sam
Old 4/23/05, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

My Fathers Chrysler plan will give him 6. Of course that doesn't do me any good. Its Ford or I walk.
Old 4/23/05, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by sams66@April 23, 2005, 1:01 PM
Believe it is for more than 4 vehicles, used to be just 4 but now I believe you can do more. Just picked up my stang friday using A-plan

Sam

:scratch: A-Plan is and X-Plan re-imburse the same to a dealer. Please don't get confused by what I'm saying. A-Plans discount is 4% + $150 less than X-Plan but so is the reimbursment. The cost balances out the same. X-Plan still gets most of the hold back Plus reimbursment monies while A-Plan discounts it all and reimburses more. It Balances....

A-Plan can get 2- ?? Pin #'s. They start every Jan 1st - Dec 31st. Each calender year starts new. Some A-Plan customers think they only get 2 period....

Have him call Ford and ask...
Old 4/23/05, 01:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

My understanding is that Xplan nets less to the dealer than Aplan, which is why so many dealers will do Aplan but not Xplan. There has to be a difference to the dealer or else it would not matter to them and they'd all do Xplan.

Talk to your dealer about your situation; maybe you can work the numbers to where they are whole, and you don't have to pay full MSRP. In other words, if they honor your Xplan you should be able to calculate a price that is a breakeven result to them; you will obviously pay more than you would have under Aplan but less than sticker.

BTW--unless they changed the rules very recently, a Ford employee could only do 2 Aplans per year.
Old 4/23/05, 02:00 PM

Originally posted by maucoin65@April 23, 2005, 1:51 PM
My understanding is that Xplan nets less to the dealer than Aplan, which is why so many dealers will do Aplan but not Xplan. There has to be a difference to the dealer or else it would not matter to them and they'd all do Xplan.

Talk to your dealer about your situation; maybe you can work the numbers to where they are whole, and you don't have to pay full MSRP. In other words, if they honor your Xplan you should be able to calculate a price that is a breakeven result to them; you will obviously pay more than you would have under Aplan but less than sticker.

BTW--unless they changed the rules very recently, a Ford employee could only do 2 Aplans per year.
The net is close to the same. A-Plan is direct Ford Employee vs X-Plan is a Partner co emp or some one who was sponsered. The important issue is take care of Employees 1st, X-plan is a privelege not earned.

I am not saying all Dealers think this way, but I get customers here because some Stupid Dealers think exactly like that.
Old 4/23/05, 03:03 PM
GT Member

I got the X-plan because I went to the same salesman looking for a vehicle 3 times and walked out. And this time he wanted to sell me something and see me satisfied, so he gave me the X-plan. I cant say I earned it, but im definetly lucky I got it! But im sure my situation is a rare one!
Old 4/23/05, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by JHL981@April 23, 2005, 3:06 PM
I got the X-plan because I went to the same salesman looking for a vehicle 3 times and walked out. And this time he wanted to sell me something and see me satisfied, so he gave me the X-plan. I cant say I earned it, but im definetly lucky I got it! But im sure my situation is a rare one!

Either lucky, or you don't know that you qualify. There are 57 pages of companies that qualify, even McDonalds. The Dealer could have called a Ford Rep and had you sponsored or even took a loss.

Neither here nor there, the most important thing is you got it and your happy. That's the #1 goal.

Gotta go, Mustang Club Meeting at 6pm
Old 4/24/05, 12:37 PM
GT Member

On a related note, anyone know how long an XPlan pin is good for? I was given one back in November when I originally placed my order. At this point I have no clue when I will actually get the car so I'm wondering if I need to dig up a new pin at some point.
Old 4/24/05, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X-plan pin is good for one year from the date of issue.
Old 4/24/05, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mipo777@April 23, 2005, 12:19 PM
So heres my situation. My car is on its way & should be here early next week. I was getting an A plan from my brother who works for Ford at the plant in Buffalo. Well he called me today & told me that his truck died & he needs his A plan to order a new one. He has already given his other plan away. I was pretty upset because now Im stuck. He offered me an X plan but I know that my dealer wont take an X plan on the Mustang because they dont reimbursed as well as they do on the A plan.

So Im stuck & was NOT planning on paying sticker when I got my finances in order for this purchase. Is there any Ford employees here who could help me out? If so PM, I would be eternally (sp?) grateful & would definately previde whatever assistance you need. Thanks a ton!!!

Mike
A-PLAN IS FAMILY ONLY!!! SORRY
Old 4/24/05, 04:41 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by f1-cobra@April 24, 2005, 1:56 PM
X-plan pin is good for one year from the date of issue.
Thanks for the info
Old 4/24/05, 06:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mipo777@April 23, 2005, 1:19 PM

Mike
Not sure how thing are. But I think that is not very kind of him to do that to you. If his truck was so bad before to just die he should have done got him a new one. For him to do this to you, his own brother. Is very sad of him. :angry: He should not of giving out the other one.

Ask him to use the x-plan himself.
Old 4/24/05, 07:55 PM
V6 Member

He gets 4 plans per year. I believe they even gave out a extra plan (to make 5) last year since they were having such a crappy year. It's only April so I doubt he has used the other 3 already. I think your plan is safe. Call Ford, or your dealer to make yourself feel better.

Anyway, Good luck!
Old 4/24/05, 09:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Either lucky, or you don't know that you qualify. There are 57 pages of companies that qualify, even McDonalds. The Dealer could have called a Ford Rep and had you sponsored or even took a loss.

Neither here nor there, the most important thing is you got it and your happy. That's the #1 goal.

Gotta go, Mustang Club Meeting at 6pm
[/quote]

My company is'nt on one of those 57 pages. My company is hooked up with GM. :angry: Alot of good that did me. Like I was gonna be buying a Cobalt SS.
Old 4/24/05, 11:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unless it has changed it is 4 a year. I get mine from my brother.