2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anti-theft system problem at the plant?

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/05, 10:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonight my salesman told me that my GT Deluxe, built on 1/12/05, is still at the factory in Michigan due to a production problem of some kind with the active anti-theft system. He said that he learned today that the plant has delayed shipment of about 800 units with this problem. He said they should be finished with all 800 by this Friday 2/4/05 (ironically the date mine was supposed to arrive at the dealership), at which time they will begin shipping these units out.

He said it should then take about 2 weeks to get it down here to Louisiana; maybe quicker if they put it on a truck instead of a rail car first, and ship it directly to the dealership.

1. Can anyone confirm this anti-theft system production problem for me?

2. Also, please comment on the validity of his transportation / shipment time estimates. Thanks so much.
Old 2/1/05, 10:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know about the anti-theft stuff but, I do seem to recall 2-3 weeks being the normal transport time. Key word "normal."
Old 2/2/05, 07:27 AM

Good morning all---has anyone heard of this anti-theft system problem coming off the production line?

Karpro is not aware of it, but he does not have any orders with the anti-theft system in the past couple of weeks. He does feel the 10 days to 2 week transport time is accurate, even if shipped by rail then truck.

Please advise on the anti-theft system issue, anyone. Thanks.
Old 2/2/05, 07:57 AM
Cobra Member

If there is one, it didn't hit my car, it's on the way.
Old 2/2/05, 08:11 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If there is one does that mean the anti-theft system that is in my car doesn't work.

I doubt there is a problem with the system. Perhaps just another dealer making up stories.
Old 2/2/05, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by adrenalin@February 2, 2005, 9:14 AM
If there is one does that mean the anti-theft system that is in my car doesn't work.

I doubt there is a problem with the system. Perhaps just another dealer making up stories.

Perhaps---that is why I was trying to confirm.

Either that, or they had a bad batch of alarms or a bad day / week when mine was built on 1/12/05. Better that they caught it rather than shipping it out with a problem.

IF that is the real story. But the fact is that it hasn't been shipped since the build date of 1/12/05 for SOME reason. I just wanted to try to confirm or refute the story from my salesman.
Old 2/2/05, 07:17 PM
V6 Member

My GT Premium with Active Anti-Theft was built about the same time. It was scheduled for build the week of Jan. 10th and on the 12th the recording said it was "produced". It went on the "rail carrier" on the 16th and I got "the call" from my dealer on the 20th. Surprised me that I had it in my hot little hands only 8 or 9 days after it was built.

BTW...I live in Fort Worth, TX so I'm not that much closer to the plant than you are...

Hope you get yours real soon...
Old 2/2/05, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Not that this really means anything but the last time I called the 800 number, confirmed the date it had been built and was told something like it had been turned over to a specific transport company - can't remember the name. The car has the anti-theft option
Old 2/2/05, 08:44 PM

Well, again, either they got a bad batch from the supplier (same lot number or something); or the story about the anti-theft system is bogus.

What I do know is that for some reason, my car has not been shipped. The VOPC message has been stuck on the same thing since 1/12/05: "As of January 12, your vehicle was produced."

No information about shipping, rail cars, etc., nothing new until my salesman gave me the story last night about the 800 or so cars with the anti-theft system problem.

I PM'ed MustangJohn to see if he is aware of any such problem coming off the production line 3 weeks ago. We'll see if he heard anything about it.

Meanwhile, I wait.... :angry: Whatever it is, it is. I just want to get to the truth. Maybe I have it, maybe I don't......

BTW---I am truly happy for you guys built the same week as me who have received info of progress / shipping, getting you closer to taking delivery. Really I am happy for you. Can't wait to join you.

The other problem I have is that now I have to tell the buyer of my vehicle that she has to wait another 2-3 weeks before I get the Stang and can release the Jeep to her. And she has a buyer for her mini-van "chomping at the bit"...so the dominoes are lined up and ready to fall....in 14-21 days (I hope that's all it takes).