2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Another Shaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/05, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amid all the various problems being posted about the Shaker systems, I've lost track of whether or not my system is "typical." It has NEVER rejected a CD whether in regular music format or in MP3 format. It has also NEVER skipped when playing an MP3 track. But on music CDs, it sometimes skips forward or backwards. If this is typical, I think I'll just keep things as they are unless the problems get worse. I never put an original CD in my car anyway. I always rip it first, put it into storage, and play a burned copy. If the Shaker's only going to have problems with the CD music format, I'll just burn the copies as MP3s. I think that beats 1) having them tear apart my nice rattle-free interior and 2) playing "CD player roulette" trying to find one that doesn't skip.

By the way. I've been lurking here for weeks, both before and after buying my Mustang, and it's really been helpful. I think it is possible, though, that there's too much negative stuff being posted. A visitor could get the idea that the new Mustang is a problem riddled dog, whereas most people on the forum probably think it's the best, most enjoyable car they have ever owned. I certainly feel that way and I've owned 27; everything from Grand Ams to BMWs.
Old 1/30/05, 01:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go aftermarket or wait for a fix.