2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Another owiee! Are we magnets?

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/05, 08:22 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: Well if not for my quick reaction it could've been way worse... I had a choice, go on the sidewalk or let the STUPID F*(****G C*** on a cell phone driving a Jag hit me. I just couldn't stand the thought of Sunny being all banged up even if it was by a Jag which I knew would be able to pay to fix it. So instead I swerved onto the side walk but scuffed my freakin wheel. No pics since I just did it but needless to say I'm highly irritated and if I see that beeoytch down here again, she's got at least a chewing coming to her!
Old 8/3/05, 08:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Somewhere in this forum someone started a thread regarding cell phones and how cell phone drivers are not to blame. You should go an give them your 2 cents. I can't stand people that drive while on a cell phone. You should have followed her. Gotten her license plate and called the cops charging her with reckless driving.
Old 8/3/05, 10:35 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by adrenalin@August 3, 2005, 8:43 AM
Somewhere in this forum someone started a thread regarding cell phones and how cell phone drivers are not to blame. You should go an give them your 2 cents. I can't stand people that drive while on a cell phone. You should have followed her. Gotten her license plate and called the cops charging her with reckless driving.
YES - exactly.

And on a sidenote, there have been WAY too many of these 'my car just got tagged by a moron' threads going around the past week..... someone stop the madness!!
Old 8/3/05, 10:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@August 3, 2005, 8:43 AM
Somewhere in this forum someone started a thread regarding cell phones and how cell phone drivers are not to blame.
Eh...what? :scratch: Not to blame? They're distracted. They're not paying attention...how is it not their fault?

Or was that sarcasm?
Old 8/3/05, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@August 3, 2005, 11:45 AM
Eh...what? :scratch: Not to blame? They're distracted. They're not paying attention...how is it not their fault?

Or was that sarcasm?
I don't think that was sarcasm. Some people think they can eat, drink, talk on the phone, and read the newspaper without being distracted. I see idiots swerving all over the road . . . talking on a phone.

Most people drive badly enough, they don't need ANYTHING distracting them. People like that should have everything removed from their car, including the climate controls.

If I only had a dollar for every time I've had to dodge somebody . . .
Old 8/3/05, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yup tell me about it. It is also bad especially when on the highway and you're driving next to someone and they start to swerve into your lane!! Then you pull up to them realizing they are on the cell phone.

Matt
Old 8/3/05, 11:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by Sonic05@August 3, 2005, 11:53 AM

Most people drive badly enough, they don't need ANYTHING distracting them. People like that should have everything removed from their car, including the climate controls.

If I only had a dollar for every time I've had to dodge somebody . . .

Aint that the truth!
Old 8/3/05, 11:12 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

I got a really nasty door ding... its bad. I am not even sure paintless dent repair will fix it, since its on the crease.

I had my 99 for 6 years, the thing didnt get a single door dong, NOTHING... How is it that I have had my 05 for 7 months and its got a door ding already?

I know where I got it... ER parking lot. When you are going into the ER, there is no taking the time to park the car... even if you CAN find a spot out back. I didnt go out to my car for two days. When I went out no one was near it, and of course there it was big as day.

As for cell phones, I dont use mine much. I know they say its not the actual dialing, its the conversation, but I can tell you I have had to drive without a handsfree set, and I was constantly answering "I will call you back" and hanging up. Since I got my handsfree, I still dont spend a lot of time on it, but the time I do, I feel much more in control.

I have noticed more often than not, its just snobby drivers in nice cars, who feel ENTITLED to own the whole road... there is a guy who drives a 7 series BMW who parks next to me in the parking garage. He parks over the line CONSTANTLY. When I park NEAR the line (hubbies truck doesnt fit very well) I get nasty notes.

I have been known to call CHP on drivers, and dont hesitate to do it anytime something like that happens. (The Jag) She would have paid for my new tires.
Old 8/3/05, 11:13 AM
V6 Member

Why is it that when I drive my old rusted out cavalier around for the last few winters NOBODY pulls anything stupid anywhere near me, with the GT I've been dodging morons left and right.

Christ I pratically prayed someone would hit me in that old rusted POS.
Old 8/3/05, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Exactly Vandil! I have a daily drive beat up Nissan Sentra and I NEVER have near misses like I seem to everytime I drive Sunny! WTF is the deal??? This stupid lady this morning was just talking away even using her hands as she talked .... never even looked to her right. We were at a stop light on a one way street that is 3 lanes and the far left and middle turn to the left. I was in the middle and she in the far left. Light turns green... we both go... instead of stayin in her lane she cut across into my lane when her front bumper was no more than 2 ft ahead of mine. I layed on the horn, slammed the brakes and swerved right just enough to get on the thankfully low sidewalk and yet avoid not hitting the edge of the bridge..... She still missed me by a credit card width and never even turned around. If I see her again and I probably will if she works downtown which is most likely.... I'm chewing an inch scratch on my rim from her ****! I was so shook up that I had to just stop for a second. I couldn't have chased her down I don't think if I had even thought to. OH and I meant to correct earlier... it scuffed my rim about an inch.. not the tire... :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 8/3/05, 12:48 PM
V6 Member

Personally I think they all look at my fine piece of multi colored oxidized steel and the realization hits them. That guy's not moving even if I change lanes onto his hood.
Old 8/3/05, 12:53 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Vandil@August 3, 2005, 12:51 PM
Personally I think they all look at my fine piece of multi colored oxidized steel and the realization hits them. That guy's not moving even if I change lanes onto his hood.

Maybe soooo!
Old 8/3/05, 05:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Some people just can't drive, period. I had some idiot nearly take off the front end of my patrol car last night making an illegal left turn. I was in the turn lane and she was to my right. Light turns green and here she comes right on top of me. She didn't even look. I hit the brakes just in time. Needless to say, we had a chat. Well I had a chat since she didn't speak english so I just gave her a couple invitations to court. I have also had a few folks try to meet my Mustang the wrong way. It's not that hard to drive, just pay attention is all I ask.
Old 8/3/05, 06:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

on the topic of how can someone not see a bright yellow car, tell me about it. SIX months after I got my '01, some stupid *^%# ran a red light and straight into my drivers door. Hello, I have a bright yellow car, pretty much nothing on the road is brighter than my car!

And JessicaRabbit, here in Ohio its not just the snobby drivers in the fancy cars who think they own the road, everybody thinks they own the road here. I'm really not kidding. Driving 45 in the fast lane in a 65. Driving left of center in the turning lane so you can't get into the turning lane. Taking up two lanes. Few days go by where I don't see this.

Wish they'd all get off MY roads.