2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Another ordering question for ISELLFORD

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/05, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ed. I've got a quick question for you (I'm not sure if this has been addressed anywhere else).

I want to order an 06 GT but...I don't want to buy until January/February (I'm currently in the last months of a lease). If you were my dealer -- how would you prioritize this? Can a dealer be "creative" with the priority?

Could I order say in July, but request the car not be built until say..October or November for a January/February delivery date?
Old 6/6/05, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Techguy, I'm not Ed, but I sell Fords also, and have posted some useful info on this site in the past. I has a customer who was in the same situation as you, in regards to when he wanted his car. My customer ordered his loaded V6 coupe in early Novermber of 2004, but he didn't want it till April of 2005. What we did was we kept it in the order bank, with a higher priority number on it, so it wouldn't get pulled for production. When the new year came, we changed the priority number to a much lower number. We changed it to a 10 in late January/early Febuary, and it came in early April, exactly when he wanted it. Your dealer should be able to do this for you, if you ask them to. Hope this help, and good luck with your order

Jeff
Old 6/6/05, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by 05fordgt@June 6, 2005, 7:32 PM
Hey Techguy, I'm not Ed, but I sell Fords also, and have posted some useful info on this site in the past. I has a customer who was in the same situation as you, in regards to when he wanted his car. My customer ordered his loaded V6 coupe in early Novermber of 2004, but he didn't want it till April of 2005. What we did was we kept it in the order bank, with a higher priority number on it, so it wouldn't get pulled for production. When the new year came, we changed the priority number to a much lower number. We changed it to a 10 in late January/early Febuary, and it came in early April, exactly when he wanted it. Your dealer should be able to do this for you, if you ask them to. Hope this help, and good luck with your order

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. That is exactly as I'd hoped. One last question though...does this come out of your allocation as a dealer immediately or later? If I order in July for an April delivery, does it come off of your allocation when ordered or after the order is being processed?
Old 6/7/05, 12:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Techguy999@June 6, 2005, 6:47 PM
Thanks Jeff. That is exactly as I'd hoped. One last question though...does this come out of your allocation as a dealer immediately or later? If I order in July for an April delivery, does it come off of your allocation when ordered or after the order is being processed?
I believe that the order comes off allocation after it is processed, but don't quote me on that. I am not the one who orders the cars and talks to the regional rep in our zone. Again, good luck on your future order .
Old 6/7/05, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Techguy999@June 6, 2005, 6:47 PM

It comes out of your allocation at the time the order is pulled for scheduling. Theoretically a dealer could order a thousand mustangs but only the ones that pull come out of allocation. I would handle the order just like Jeff suggested to get the car at a later date. The only caveat is commodity issues at a later date.
Ed
Old 6/7/05, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@June 7, 2005, 1:55 PM
It comes out of your allocation at the time the order is pulled for scheduling. Theoretically a dealer could order a thousand mustangs but only the ones that pull come out of allocation. I would handle the order just like Jeff suggested to get the car at a later date. The only caveat is commodity issues at a later date.
Ed
Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Ed you just might see my business (in out in Omaha and would happily travel to the quad cities).
Old 6/7/05, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Techguy999@June 7, 2005, 2:22 PM
Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Ed you just might see my business (in out in Omaha and would happily travel to the quad cities).
Be happy to have you, I'd even buy you a cold one!
Old 6/7/05, 02:24 PM
V6 Member

Jeff, What dealer are you at, i am in philadelphia and i am looking for someone who isnt going to charge me much over sticker or hopefully just at sticker, can you be my guy?
Old 6/7/05, 04:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EattenAlive@June 7, 2005, 2:27 PM
Jeff, What dealer are you at, i am in philadelphia and i am looking for someone who isnt going to charge me much over sticker or hopefully just at sticker, can you be my guy?
Hey Joey, I just sent you a PM in regards to where I am located at. Give me a call. I'll be happy to assist you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jeff Greenly
Yocum Ford
Lansdale Pa
215-855-1153