2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Amusing Comments about yours

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/05, 05:31 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I caught two yesterday:

I was getting a little gas and I feel someone close to me, I turn around and a man is checking out my car on the passenger side. He says- hows the gas mileage. I say depends on how you drive it. He says- I bet it gets better gas mileage if you stay off the pedal. I say, yes but its a mustang......why would you want to? With gas so high dollar, I am spending like $40 a week now.

I went shopping with my mother after. We are out in a parking lot leaning against my car debating where to go next(because we are in separate cars). Another man comes up- that your new mustang?(here's your sign, "no I just like the way this car looked and decided to rest my butt on the door"). Umm yea......Then he told me how beautiful she was.
Old 4/13/05, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I think that my favorite comment is actually the question "Is that the new 2005 Mustang?"
I always want to reply, "Uh, NO its a 2004 with a few mods, you like it?".....
Old 4/13/05, 07:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

The other day while I was getting gas, a man and I assume was his wife came up to me and said, and I have to spell it out in words to get the full effect...."Hey is that a twenty two hundred oh five mustang?" I almost started to laugh because these two people (and no offense to anyone here), they were from the backwoods hills from somewhere....maybe they were brother and sister...who knows. I said "Yes, its a 2005 Mustang." The man then says to me "Wow, I thought it was a kit car!" He asked me if it was fast, and I said "OH YEAH!" Then I was done filling up and fired it up and they were drooling. Then the gas station attendant yells to me, "Do a burnout!" Me being the kind hearted soul that I am, I left the gas station sideways and smacked 2nd gear the smoke was rolling!! Man I love this car.....so that is my amusing comment!
Old 4/13/05, 07:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

This past Saturday I was on a city street (two lanes each way) going about 40 mph, and a pickup pulled up alongside He apparently had an outside speaker on his car (maybe a volunteer fireman?), because in a deep voice I heard, "nice car!". B)
Old 4/13/05, 09:38 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I pulled up to a gas station yesterday and while sitting in the drivers seat (alone in the car) the attendent says "Is this your car?" "Nope" I said. Just found it in a parking lot and thought I would take it for a spin"

I also had another guy say "Nice car". I said "Thanks". He said "Have you seen one of the new mustangs yet, they are pretty sweet". I said" Nope, have not seen one yet, do they look anything like my 1969 mustang?" as I pointed to my 2005. He said "Ya, but more modern".

Some people should never breed.
Old 4/13/05, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was driving down the street and waiting at a stop sign was an Eclipse. All of a sudden I see just a head shoot out from the sunroof and checking out my car as I'm driving by then I hear the guy yell "I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!! My fiance & I just started cracking up!!!!!
Old 4/13/05, 10:02 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driving home from work yesterday on a road I don't normally take - stop and go, stop and go with all the lights...

Stopped at a light, look in side mirror - spot a part of what looks like an early 2000 model Mustang... three cars back... nice but see 'em all the time... thought he was checking my car but couldn't be sure - alrighty...

About a mile up the road he casually passes me in traffic on the right.... and its a BLACK Bullitt SE.

Stay with him and at the next red light move all the way left and he comes up next to me in center lane. Windows go down:

Bullitt: That is beautiful....

Me: So is yours!

Bullitt: Wow, I want one of those...

Me: I want one of THOSE! (pointing at his car)

It was classic....

Followed him a little ways up the road and we got on it a bit (as much as traffic would allow - man that Bullit sounded sweet....
Old 4/13/05, 10:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@April 13, 2005, 5:34 AM
I caught two yesterday:

I was getting a little gas and I feel someone close to me, I turn around and a man is checking out my car on the passenger side. He says- hows the gas mileage. I say depends on how you drive it. He says- I bet it gets better gas mileage if you stay off the pedal. I say, yes but its a mustang......why would you want to? With gas so high dollar, I am spending like $40 a week now.

I went shopping with my mother after. We are out in a parking lot leaning against my car debating where to go next(because we are in separate cars). Another man comes up- that your new mustang?(here's your sign, "no I just like the way this car looked and decided to rest my butt on the door"). Umm yea......Then he told me how beautiful she was.
Sorry to hear about your little gas problem....hope you're feeling better now April!
Old 4/13/05, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Actions speak louder than words .... this is what I get all the time ...

and a getleman at a convineince store once asked me, " Oh, they finally put the galloping pony back on the Mustang!" I was like was the :crazy: !!
Old 4/13/05, 11:59 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am always feeling well. Thanks .

I am testing out a new salon....

"thats a yella car you got there" she said when I walked in. Crap! I thought I bought torch red.

A little boy came up to me in the grocery store "Does your car go as fast as my Dads truck?"
Old 4/13/05, 12:17 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

This un made me :scratch:

I am having my groceries loaded last week.

Bag boy:
That your mustang?
Me(nooo, I stole the keys to it so I could grocery shop)
yes
Him
you look like someone who drives a mustang
me
ohhhhhhhhkay....

What I wanted to ask was just what the friggin hades does someone who drives a mustang look like. :scratch:
Old 4/13/05, 12:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

You evidently
Old 4/13/05, 12:20 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by jwede@April 13, 2005, 12:21 PM
You evidently
Well that's a given...
Maybe he was just used to seeing all the brain deads in sweats and minivans
Old 4/13/05, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@April 13, 2005, 9:41 AM

I also had another guy say "Nice car". I said "Thanks". He said "Have you seen one of the new mustangs yet, they are pretty sweet". I said" Nope, have not seen one yet, do they look anything like my 1969 mustang?" as I pointed to my 2005. He said "Ya, but more modern".

Some people should never breed.
PRICELESS....truly priceless!
Old 4/13/05, 02:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love those "Here's your sign" moments this car brings.

I pull up next to a redfire 05 V6 with silver rocker stripes and a woman gets out...

Me: Nice stripes, who did those?
Her: My husband
...She looks at the GT badge on the side of my car
Her: Is that the new GT?

I've had plenty of "Is that the new Mustang?" comments

Oh and the 1st comment I heard from an 03 owner
"That doesn't look like a Mustang"

Then the guy at circuit city told me that they weren't going to make V8 models until June. And that 05 was the old bodystyle. ... Oh yea, he drives a cavalier with 200hp that can "beat any mustang"

When someone says something like "nice car" "beautiful car" etc... I usually reply with something like "Yeah, I worked with Ford engineers to get the 60's look with modern performance and effiency"

People are entertaining
Old 4/13/05, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

My most common question/comment - "Get your car yet?"
Second most - "Get your car yet?"
Third most - "Why did you hit me?"
Old 4/13/05, 02:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by jwede@April 13, 2005, 2:27 PM
Old 4/13/05, 04:47 PM
V6 Member

My best was the lady who came up and knocked on my window while I was in line at the car wash. She asked if it was a new Mustang. When I said yeah, She told me "That is one bad mother *ucker!". Never had anyone tell me that before!
Old 4/13/05, 05:08 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How about this one...
I was talking to my ding-bat Aunt about my '05 GT. She asked how I liked it. I replied: It's absolutely amazing, I love it. It's insanely fast. She says: If you want to drive something fast you shold drive (Uncle) John's truck (F-150). She continues as I'm laughing: I'm serious, you go to pass someone and it has plenty of power!
Nothin' against the F-150, but you talk about someone without a clue...
She's got R.D.D. Reality Deficit Disorder
Old 4/13/05, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom+April 13, 2005, 3:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ April 13, 2005, 3:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jwede@April 13, 2005, 2:27 PM

[/b][/quote]

So very true.

Quick Reply: Amusing Comments about yours