2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Am i getting old?

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/08, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
You know, just because you may have driven fast "to show off" or driven aggressively "to look cool," does not mean everyone in a sporty compact is thinking the same.

I drove a 95 Hyundai Sonata and a 00 Volvo S70 before this car (from ages 17 to 24), and now drive a stang at 25. In the first two cars, I constantly drove with the pedal to the floor and allowed my automatic tranny to shift near redline constantly. I never thought I "looked cool." I just enjoy driving fast. I enjoy the feeling of accelleration.

Now that I have the stang, I drive WOT alot less, because the car is too loud and too fast. I do it 100% of the time when nobody is watching, but now I'm self-conscious when there's other cars around. I won't lie - I care about how strangers perceive me. And I worry that people will think I'm trying to show off how fast my car is - or show off the sound of my engine - when all I really want to do is go fast and feel myself get buried into my seat.

Sucks that I can't enjoy my car without attracting attention. Some people just don't understand that it's not about the attention.

Rant over. My battery is dying and I'm upset about it, so sue me.
Plus in this day and age of cell/cam recorder and you boob, people love to tattle... I got called on to my company while in my "large car" (18 wheeler) because I would not move out of passing lane fast enough... Dead serious. I even had an old man yell at me to SLOW DOWN because I tached up a little high at 30 mph in a 35 mph zone! All he heard was that thunder and assumed I was doing 80.
Old 10/3/08, 07:40 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Maturity is a wonderful thing. Also helps your insurance rates and helps you avoid un-needed tickets.
Ah, insurance... The great equalizer
Old 10/3/08, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Insurance... not a problem as long as you're married and have a child. Now, when said child grows up to driving age, that is when the insurance thing becomes a sticking point. Our insurance company (U.S.A.A.) told us in no uncertain terms, that our boy will absolutely NOT be allowed to drive the GT. They were very clear about it.
Old 10/3/08, 10:06 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

you are getting older, wiser