2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Almost ready to pull the trigger...

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/05, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well folks, the day is drawing closer. After finding out about my promotion to SSgt on Thursday, I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a 2006 WVB Mustang GT. I won't receive the promotion until late this year or early next year, but the exciting part is the pay raise will be enough to fund my 06! But in order to keep myself from eating Ramen noodles for the rest of my enlistment, I want to get the final price as low as possible. This is where, hopefully, TMS can come into play.

1. I saw a while back, someone offering X-plan PINs. If someone has one laying around, PM me. I can put it to good use.

2. Related to #1, if I can get that x-plan PIN, I need to find a dealership that would accept it for new 06 GT orders. I'm willing to travel anywhere in the eastern United States to get my car. I'm currently in Dayton, Ohio. As long as travel arrangements can be made from airport to dealer, I'll go almost anywhere! (I would prefer a dealer in Tennessee, since that is where the car will be registered in the end. GO VOLS!)

3. IF no dealers accepting X-plan on 06 GTs are available, then one who would go $500 - $750 over invoice would be great.

4. Last, but not least: any appreciable amount UNDER MSRP is my final choice.

All the dealers around this area are very strict in their "MSRP or above" policy. I am hoping, like everyone else out there, to find the absolute best deal possible before I place that order.

2006 Mustang GT
Windveil Blue exterior
Light Graphite interior (undeceided on leather or cloth, leaning toward cloth)
(Unsure if manual or auto, but leaning toward auto due to beverage restrictions in manuals due to shifter )
IUP
Shaker 500
Std wheels
Side airbags
Anti-theft device (unsure on this as well, must see how well it preforms or if aftermarket is the way to go)
Running Pony's on sides, replacing GT embelem
V6 faux gas cap, replacing GT faux gas cap

Before the first reply is made, I just want to thank everyone who is a part of this forum that helps other members out. Without you, this would be just another Mustang forum. Y'all make it special!

Old 8/13/05, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

im leaning towards cloth on mine if i get approved on a GT just because

A. its barely even real leather
B. its like 700 bucks more
C. it turns into a Prehistoric tar pit in summer
D. turns into black ice in winter
Old 8/14/05, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jcopin@August 13, 2005, 1:27 PM
im leaning towards cloth on mine if i get approved on a GT just because

A. its barely even real leather
B. its like 700 bucks more
I think I'm pretty sold on cloth. Now to just deceide on MT or AT and I'm all set.
Well, that an a left over x-plan PIN. But I'm sure none of those will turn up.

How well does the MT do in inclimate weather, where traction isn't all that great (snow, rain, ect)? Unfortunately, my 'Stang will have to be a day-to-day driver until I can find a cheap beater for these Ohio winters. The sooner the better I say! Any hints on a good snow-bird car/truck for cheap?
Old 8/14/05, 09:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally posted by jcopin@August 13, 2005, 3:27 PM

Old 8/14/05, 10:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you know anything about military car sales? I don't but I know others have gotten theirs that way. I hope that if Ford offers anyone a good deal it would be you guys!

BTW... thanks for serving, and good luck w/ your order.
Old 8/14/05, 10:09 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by WarBird69@August 14, 2005, 10:13 AM
I think I'm pretty sold on cloth. Now to just deceide on MT or AT and I'm all set.
Well, that an a left over x-plan PIN. But I'm sure none of those will turn up.

How well does the MT do in inclimate weather, where traction isn't all that great (snow, rain, ect)? Unfortunately, my 'Stang will have to be a day-to-day driver until I can find a cheap beater for these Ohio winters. The sooner the better I say! Any hints on a good snow-bird car/truck for cheap?
PM me when the time comes near to remind me. My parents have a Stratus as a spare car that's in great shape mechanically and interior, but has a few dings on the outside. They're in Canton, and if my Mom gets her Altima by then, they'll probably be looking to sell it.
Old 8/16/05, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@August 15, 2005, 12:12 AM
PM me when the time comes near to remind me. My parents have a Stratus as a spare car that's in great shape mechanically and interior, but has a few dings on the outside. They're in Canton, and if my Mom gets her Altima by then, they'll probably be looking to sell it.
Any info on year, and how much it might be?

Settled on cloth with manual transmission.

Anyone have a WVB with satin silver or tungsten stripes that can provide a picture?