2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

ALMOST Got A Ticket Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/05, 05:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Whew.

So it's about 12 midnight last night and I'm on my way home from Streetsboro. Just got done my changing my oil. The whole way home I'm driving normal speed or slightly below since there was no one around and I was on counrty roads (didn't want to hit a deer). I get into Stow and got stopped at a light at the intersection. I'm turning left in the turn lane. A truck with two guys pull up on my right and they start reving their engine. I ignore them at first, but then after a while I figure...Hey, I'm not near any neighborhoods where people could be sleeping and I do have my Flowmaster AT's on...So I gave her a good few revs. No intent of racing since we are both headed our seprate ways, wouldn't race him anyway... So they rev again...and I didn't. A few seconds later I get an arrow. So I give it more gas then I usually would around my left turn. There's very few cars around at the time. I hear my tires chirping, I accelerate through my second half of the turn. Hit 50mph and slow down (it was a 35)....Look behind me, there's a cop ON MY BUMBER...ON MY BUMPER! (Brake check, JK!) No flashing lights, and no siren. Made me nervous at first, but then he/she followed me everywhere. I figured they weren't going to pull me over, they were probably just trying to scare me or find something wrong with the way I was driving home. I was thinking in my head isn't this not safe braking distance that the cop is following me by? Hmmm? But anyways, I luckily lost them at a red light. And got home safely. Walked out of my garage and the cop past my house. Nice, eh? Technically I didn't do much of anything wrong.
Old 7/30/05, 06:28 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Kellarina@July 30, 2005, 5:29 AM
Whew.

So it's about 12 midnight last night and I'm on my way home from Streetsboro. Just got done my changing my oil. The whole way home I'm driving normal speed or slightly below since there was no one around and I was on counrty roads (didn't want to hit a deer). I get into Stow and got stopped at a light at the intersection. I'm turning left in the turn lane. A truck with two guys pull up on my right and they start reving their engine. I ignore them at first, but then after a while I figure...Hey, I'm not near any neighborhoods where people could be sleeping and I do have my Flowmaster AT's on...So I gave her a good few revs. No intent of racing since we are both headed our seprate ways, wouldn't race him anyway... So they rev again...and I didn't. A few seconds later I get an arrow. So I give it more gas then I usually would around my left turn. There's very few cars around at the time. I hear my tires chirping, I accelerate through my second half of the turn. Hit 50mph and slow down (it was a 35)....Look behind me, there's a cop ON MY BUMBER...ON MY BUMPER! (Brake check, JK!) No flashing lights, and no siren. Made me nervous at first, but then he/she followed me everywhere. I figured they weren't going to pull me over, they were probably just trying to scare me or find something wrong with the way I was driving home. I was thinking in my head isn't this not safe braking distance that the cop is following me by? Hmmm? But anyways, I luckily lost them at a red light. And got home safely. Walked out of my garage and the cop past my house. Nice, eh? Technically I didn't do much of anything wrong.

Its a little disturbing when they tailgrab you like that......

Glad nothing happened though and it was only a close call!
Old 7/30/05, 06:51 AM
GT Member

Something very similar happened to me last night. I'm just going down the road doing the speed limit and of course he pulls out right when i pass. Going down hill with slp's tend to get a bit loud so i left it in neutral and just coasted. I hate when cops do that.
Old 7/30/05, 06:54 AM
Cobra Member

worst feeling ever seeing that cop behind you.

maybe they just wanted a good look at the stang, 'cause they probably could have pulled you over after your take off from the first red light.
Old 7/30/05, 07:24 AM
Cobra Member

I got pulled over in a 25 mph area for doing 32, cop looked at my license and said nice car..... Let me go. Next morning going to work, slow people getting onto the interstate, a nice hole in traffic, I jump on it get over a couple of lanes and on my way, look in rearview...... State Trooper, pulls up along side me, shakes his finger and gives me a dirty look. Then smiles and gives me the thumbs up. I take it a little easier now....... NOT!
Old 7/30/05, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think we need translucent photos of a police car right on the mirrors to slow my wife and me down a notch.
Old 7/30/05, 07:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MustangDan@July 30, 2005, 9:28 AM
I think we need translucent photos of a police car right on the mirrors to slow my wife and me down a notch.
hahaha that would scare the crap out of me every time.
Old 7/30/05, 10:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by THRUST_@July 30, 2005, 8:57 AM
worst feeling ever seeing that cop behind you.

maybe they just wanted a good look at the stang, 'cause they probably could have pulled you over after your take off from the first red light.
I can handle seeing one behind me, its just when that cockpit lights up blue that it's scary. Which is a fun joke to play on someone if you have a little blue keychain light or something to that effect
Old 7/30/05, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@July 30, 2005, 12:20 PM
I can handle seeing one behind me, its just when that cockpit lights up blue that it's scary.
I meant if it was when you were doing something you shouldn't have been
Old 7/30/05, 11:59 AM
GT Member

Got pulled over in Ft. Worth area by motorcycle cop last week doing 78 in 65 (had sped up to maneuver to make an exit off highway). Let me off without even a warning. I was surprised to say the least.
Old 7/30/05, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I havn't been pulled over in my 05 yet (actually the last time I was stopped was way back in the early 90's), but I have had some interest from LAPD a couple of times in my car...one day I saw about three or four bicycle officers on patrol going in the other direction stop and look at my car as I drove by with smiles on their faces, and yesterday afternoon I was leaving a Burger King in my neighborhood when two motorcycle officers were getting ready to leave and one of them said 'nice car' and 'nice color'.
I also had an experiance with the Sheriffs last night, but I don't know if it was related to the car or not. I had to stop by one of the Fire Stations (that happens to be down the street from the Sheriff Station, and next to the deputies locker room).
As I made my left onto their street I saw a patrol car parked facing the wrong way (I was going south, they were facing north) with two deputies sitting in the car.
As I was driving down the street and just about to pass the patrol car the red/blue lights came on, so thinking that they wanted me to stop I pulled next to them and rolled my passanger window down, and the deputies did the same and asked if I needed help, and I said 'NO I just saw your lights come on and thought I was being stopped', and they replied 'NO, you're fine'.
Old 7/30/05, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah it's funny how that works. He's probably going to look for me around town from now on to see if he can nab me.
Old 7/30/05, 04:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by GbNNP@July 30, 2005, 12:02 PM
Got pulled over in Ft. Worth area by motorcycle cop last week doing 78 in 65 (had sped up to maneuver to make an exit off highway). Let me off without even a warning. I was surprised to say the least.
You need to go get a lottery ticket right now! This is almost unheard of! I'm actually having a hard time believing it. He would probably get kicked out of Traffic Division if anyone found out about it.
Old 7/30/05, 04:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a cop pull from a driveway & follow me for 2 miles hoping to ticket me but I stayed the speed limit. To all you cops out there: Who's going to police the police? I'm in a cattle shoot waiting for a "green" arrow to make a left turn when a cop goes thru a red light in opposing traffic going straight. True Story!: It's me & 1 car in front of me at a Red light. There's a lane painted out for cars making a left turn. A cop with no turn signals goes into that lane. At the "green" light, the cop cuts off the car in front of me & drives straight like me & the car in front. I decided to follow him as I had a suspicion. This piece of trash was not on a call. I followed him to a newly opened "Krispy Creme" Donut shop. He drove illegally cutting people off. So Philadelphia Police, you do not have my respect! And so I don't appear anti- Police, once there was a check point in Rockledge, that's between Abignton & Philly, I don't know if they were checking for seat belts or expired inspection stickers. I was clean either way, when the cop I passed gave me a thumbs up & saying how beautiful my stang looked. Thankyou! And a cop in that same district stopped me with lights flashing because it was dark early morning & I didn't have my headlights on (being so used to driving in daylight with my parking lights on) & just leaving a 7-11, No ticket, just stopping me for my safety.