2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Allow me to introduce myself - Modular Depot

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/07, 07:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Welcome to the forums!

Man, why can't I get a shop like your's somewhere close to me?
+1... Plans on moving to Florida?
Old 10/11/07, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Ken, its about time you got on here! lol.

Eventhough I already knew a little about Modular Depot, that write-up was freakin awesome! I did not realize how much proven experience and race winning knowledge the team at Modular Deopt has. After reading that, it makes me want to buy more things from Modular Depot...haha.

I also wanted to say that I am running one of Ken's tunes, and it is awesome!! I had been running a tune from one of the most popular tuners on here for 2 years, and after Ken worked his magic....I could tell a big difference in power! Modular Depot also installed my gears and other suspension parts, and did an excellent job! I am not trying to sound like an a$$ kisser, but I was really impressed with everything. From the showroom, to the shop and the dyno area....Modular Depot has a great operation. I have only been there 2 times, but I will definitely be back again!
Old 10/11/07, 07:56 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, lets get a supercharger group buy!
Old 10/11/07, 09:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice Resume

Welcome to TMS

Richard
Old 10/12/07, 01:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Welcome aboard! Quality companies are always welcome.
Old 10/12/07, 04:55 AM
V6 Member

Welcome!.....and who's the little "hottie" at the counter?? Nice.

Old 10/12/07, 06:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST
OK, lets get a supercharger group buy!

I'm not a fan of 'group buys' but We are planning a supercharger sale. This benefits you guys as you don't have to organize anything, or wait for a certain number of people.

Supercharger lines we carry:

Procharger
Vortech
Ford Racing (Whipple)
Kenne Bell
Roush

I can't do anything on Kenne Bell's due to their policy's, but I can work out a deal on the other kits for you guys. The Roush blower is available with their warranty through us. I'm pretty sure we are pretty unique that way. I think in most areas a Ford dealer has to install it to maintain the warranty.

I'm assuming holeshot is Mark, thanks for the support!

MustangFreak,

We get alot of requests on that. May be something we have to look into. As far as I know, the company that did that is no longer around. If I forgot to mention we can do body work and have a paint booth also.
Old 10/12/07, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Thought you guys might enjoy some racing videos. Here is Victor Downs. This is a 4V Naturally Aspirated car shifting north of 8,000 RPM! We compete in the NMRA Pure Street category with this. It's always been a class dominated by the 5.0L pushrod cars. My car was the first Modular to make a 10 second pass in 2005. This video is from this year at Atco NJ. This was the first race won by a Modular.

http://modulardepot.powertvonline.com/video/1682
Old 10/12/07, 06:35 AM

Thumbs up

Ken,
Thanks for the explanation on how mail order tunes are actually accomplished. It was a question I have always had especially when it seems every speed shop and their mother was offering tunes.

Underdog
Old 10/12/07, 06:36 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks Ken,

We have been out of the racing world for about 4 or five years. But I still wear my yellow shirt whenever I am at ffw. There are a lot of guys running his engines now.

Roger
Old 10/12/07, 06:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Rich, thats what I always say. I vote for special discounts you come to Maine and fo a house call dyno! OK I tried
Old 10/12/07, 07:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Webba
Rich, thats what I always say. I vote for special discounts you come to Maine and fo a house call dyno! OK I tried
Well I have actually considered doing this as it's been requested before. You would need to find 7-10 people interested in a tune and rent a dyno for a day and we can knock out all the cars that day. Obiviously the level of the cars we do would determine how many we can finish. Of course, they don't have to be all 05+. Any Ford would work. Or I could even do a 2 day event which would make it even easier. Of course I would have to be able to cover my travel expenses, but with that many cars, we can probably do it for a reasonable price.
Old 10/12/07, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KenB
I'm assuming holeshot is Mark, thanks for the support!
Yep, thats me! No need to thank me Ken, I am just happy to spread the good word about Modular Depot. I just wish I would have found out about you guys sooner!
Old 10/12/07, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome Ken. Look forward to doing business with you. Cincy huh? Can you say road trip?

I remember that article. Good stuff!
Old 10/12/07, 07:53 AM
GT Member

Do you ship internationally? Europe? Sweden...? :-)
Old 10/12/07, 08:26 AM
Cobra Member

Ken can you fix the Bengals defense? I am the only fan in florida and am getting slammed down here lol.
Old 10/12/07, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lattjolarsson
Do you ship internationally? Europe? Sweden...? :-)

Yes we do! If you check out on the website, the shipping prices won't be right, but we do ship internationally.

I'm working up some supercharger specials, which brings up an interesting question that I would like some feedback on. Do you guys generally buy based on price alone?

Most cheap prices you find on the internet are guys who don't have a shop and are selling parts as a side business. They have no overhead and ususally not much knowledge. They could be selling just about any product, they are just trying to make money. In this case, it's often times very difficult for us to complete with the 'cheap' guys. But you can't call the cheap guys and get advice, you can't get your car tuned there. They offer you nothing besides a slightly cheaper product. Often times the people that buy from these guys wind up being Modular Depot customers. Like Mark said, "I wish I knew about you earlier". The reality is, if you buy most of your parts from Modular Depot and get your work done here, you will most likely wind up spending LESS money. We take care of customers who show some loyalty.

For instance, if someone buys a supercharger kit somewhere else and asks us to install it, they pay our normal labor rate for however long it takes to put it on with no discount. If that same guy bought the kit here and had it installed here, he would save labor cost, tuning cost and wind up ahead.

So my question is, do most of you buy based on price or do you take the above into consideration?
Old 10/12/07, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mach1fever
Ken can you fix the Bengals defense? I am the only fan in florida and am getting slammed down here lol.
Sorry, I'm a JETS fan! They are not looking any better though. [I grew up in NY]
Old 10/12/07, 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

I am just afraid Rudy and Carson are going to get tired of putting up great numbers and not winning. I hope he is back for this game.

Roger
Old 10/12/07, 10:20 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jonztang
Welcome!.....and who's the little "hottie" at the counter?? Nice.

Which one of us We are both cute hahaha!

Hey Ken... i wonder if a "date with the MD girls" would help boost suprcharger sales? Buy a power adder, get a date?

In all seriousness... if you guys needs anything give either myself or Nancye a call we will be happy to help!

-Kelly

Quick Reply: Allow me to introduce myself - Modular Depot