2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

After many years of waiting, my Mustang is being ordered

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/06, 03:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After many years of waiting, my Mustang is being ordered

After many years of thinking about a Mustang, I finally started the process this week. Initially I had thought of buying one back in 2004, and getting a Mach 1, but the reality set in that I couldn't afford two cars at the time. Back then I lived in Colorado, and had decided I didn't want a Mustang as a year round driver due to the winter. I was concerned about how well a Mustang would deal with snow, and also how the crap they put on the roads would diminish the look. Anyhow, as time went on, the new 05 models appeared, and initially I disliked them. Now that the look has grown on me from seeing them up close, I started looking again earlier this year.

Shortly after I started thinking about a Mustang again, a new job opportunity appeared in Austin. I ended up taking it, and now have been in the Austin area nearly 3 months and feel that I can call this place home. With that decision came the realization that snow is no longer a factor, so I can use a new Mustang as a year round driver. Just to make sure I liked the car, I rented one while on vacation back home and it was a great car to drive. After the trip, I came back home to investigate dealers, and to test drive a GT with a stick. Thankfully the transmission was easy on me, as my experience with manual shifting is all from a motorcycle. Unfortunately the dealer was not really willing to work with me on ordering a new 07, so I looked elsewhere.

A coworker recommended a different dealer that he bought a truck from, so I went there. When I went into the dealership, I had the 07 guide from this site printed out with a circle around most of the options I wanted. I talked to a sales guy, who did spend a few minutes trying to get me into an 06, but didn't push too hard. Once he had a solid idea that I wanted an 07 ordered exactly to a certain specification, we worked to get all my options locked down. He even made a copy of my paperwork I brought in and attached my business card so he would remember everything on it. I finished up that initial part on Sunday, and have talked with the sales guy 3 times now this week to lock down the final interior color options, since some were still a mystery. At this point, the car is going into the order system today, and hopefully should show up on DORA Monday.

So, what did I order?

07 Mustang GT Premium - Vista Blue
Manual Transmission
3.55 Gear Ratio axle
18 inch Premium Aluminum wheels
Active Anti-theft
Front seat side mounted airbags
Interior upgrade package with charcoal colored instrument panel
Premium trim package - Black with Dove accents

I'm going to try and order the engine cover and tips from the GT appearance package separately, as the non functional scoop looks out of place to me. The dealer did consider ordering it with the GT appearance package and then swapping the hood with another car on the lot, but I don't want to deal with that hassle considering the other two parts are available in some form from 3rd parties if Ford doesn't sell them as an accessory.

So now at this point the waiting begins. Before it comes in, I need to do some hail repair on my existing Saturn that will be traded in, and also pull my custom stereo out. I also still need to figure out how to integrate my stereo into the new Mustang. Dash wise thankfully nothing looks odd there, so it's just going to be a wiring situation, and also a question of how to deal with the Shaker 500 amps.

Somehow, I have a feeling I'll be getting more and more excited over the weekend, as the fact that I actually have a Mustang coming sinks in.
Old 6/16/06, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by drakino
So, what did I order?

07 Mustang GT Premium - Vista Blue
Manual Transmission
3.55 Gear Ratio axle
18 inch Premium Aluminum wheels
Active Anti-theft
Front seat side mounted airbags
Interior upgrade package with charcoal colored instrument panel
Premium trim package - Black with Dove accents

Somehow, I have a feeling I'll be getting more and more excited over the weekend, as the fact that I actually have a Mustang coming sinks in.
Drakino, Congrats on your order. Sounds very similar to my '07 that was built today. Should have it in about two weeks.

Chip in SC
Old 6/20/06, 10:40 PM
GT Member

Got the vehicle order confirmation from the dealer today, looks good so far. Order 0002, priority 10. Everything looks good for me to get this pretty quickly. Time to start pestering the ERL now that I have all the numbers I need to keep up on the status.
Old 6/20/06, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck, and welcome to the club! Just in case that order number does'nt really work, just call back in a day or two to the dealer to see if they have the dora. On my first order ('05 GT), they put the order in (VOC printed out) on day one, and on day two had the DORA with the correct order number.

On this one, I got the VOC right away, but it had an order number of 0001 on it. A few days later I found out the real order number was 4811.

Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing, and your car will be there before you know it. It's a blast to drive, too.

My car is VB, with the med. parchment interior, comfort group, 18" polished rims (64E), 3.55 gears and 5 sp. manual, spoiler delete, IUP with satin alum., and is supposed to be here the week of July 13th. I can hardly wait!
Old 6/30/06, 06:47 PM
GT Member

I'm a bit worried at this point that the order never actually went to Ford. ERL still can't find any information, and every VOC my sales guy has all show 0002 for the order number. He had some sort of code 2102 on a piece of paper as well to check the status, but that doesn't seem to be the order either. I like the sales guy, but it seems the dealership has him so locked down, he can't get status for me, and others there seem unwilling to help. I ask for the DORA and they shrug it off, and just provide guesstimates on when it will come in.

The guy we tried to get order status from wouldn't look in the computers tonight since it was past closing by the time we tracked him down. So I'm giving them till monday and if I don't have some sort of status update, I'm going elsewhere. From what I have seen here and elsewhere, an order should start showing up on Ford's side a day or two after being placed, not two weeks.
Old 6/30/06, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I placed my first order for a 2007, it showed up that evening speaking with the ERL. So if they did put your order in I would expect it in the system right away.
Old 7/1/06, 06:48 PM
GT Member

To add insult to injury here, the first dealer that was really pressuring me on a 2006 now has a 2007 on their lot loaded almost exactly the way I want. Only thing different is they didn't order the premiere trim.

Since I have monday off, I'll be calling my existing dealer early to see if they have any status. If not, I'll go to a 3rd Ford dealer in town and see if they will work with me. Seems really odd that these dealers are so unwilling to do exactly what the customer wants. I want a new 07 built exactly how I want it, and that seems too difficult to do. Then again, this type of attitude is why I walked out of a Ford dealership back in my home town and right next door into a Saturn dealership when I was looking at just a general get me places car years back. The same dealer ended up getting 2 car sales out of me and 3 referrals due to how well they treated me. While I know what I want, I'm not willing to lower my standards on how I expect a dealer to treat me. I know one will eventually work out somewhere.

Sorry to rant, just sucks to have my excitement diluted by bad experiences already.
Old 7/1/06, 06:56 PM
Bullitt Member

To add insult to injury here, the first dealer that was really pressuring me on a 2006 now has a 2007 on their lot loaded almost exactly the way I want. Only thing different is they didn't order the premiere trim.

Sorry to rant, just sucks to have my excitement diluted by bad experiences already.
drakino,

Don't give up hope. I'm sure you can find someone that will work with you, even if it means ordering from one of the guys here and having it delivered to a dealer near you.

Does this look like what you want?

Chip in SC
Old 7/1/06, 10:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Does this look like what you want?
Yep, and she looks very pretty. Thanks for the picture of your new baby. I'm sure I will have one sometime soon. Just want to have everything right. If the dealer can't treat me right, who knows what they will do to my future baby when it needs service.
Old 7/1/06, 11:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats !!

Seems like there is a slew of VB 07s ordered lately. Sucks to hear that you're getting the run around. With any luck you'll be in one soon. Now that you made your mind up, it's the waiting that is the hard part.

Can't wait for the picks !!!
Old 7/2/06, 07:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Got the vehicle order confirmation from the dealer today, looks good so far. Order 0002, priority 10. Everything looks good for me to get this pretty quickly. Time to start pestering the ERL now that I have all the numbers I need to keep up on the status.
Most special orders are Order 0001. Order 0002 is usually for the lot. Sounds like they might be just tweaking one that's on order. You actually might get it sooner that way.
Old 7/3/06, 06:43 PM
GT Member

Called Ford Customer service today, they can't find the car at all based on the info I have. They did tell me it should have a VIN by now. Went into the dealer at around 5pm because they yet again didn't call me like they promised. Dealer still can't get any status at all, no VIN, no partial, nothing. So I walked out, headed to the south end of town to a new dealer. Walked in with paperwork with me for the XPlan, and also all the options I want, and 30 minutes later walked out with a new business card and a dealer willing to actually order a car for me.

Wednesday I'll have the VOC from them, and hopefully proof the car is going through the system this time.
Old 7/14/06, 02:00 AM
GT Member

As an update to this, I picked up my copy of the DORA today. Issued 7/5 so they got the order into the system quickly. Realized tonight though that I forgot to get the VOC as well, so I lack all the info I need to pester the ERL.

The good news is that it looks like this 3rd dealer was serious about having me as a customer, so hopefully sometime in late August I'll finally have my pony.
Old 8/30/06, 12:18 AM
GT Member

It looks like my Mustang is nearly here. ERL has been odd though, yesterday said scheduled to be built on the 29th with an ETA of the 15th, now it says for the 29th that it has been released from the foreign manufacturing plant with an ETA of September 8th.

Figures the ETA would change to a day when I will be out of town. Now to call the dealer and make sure they take care of my baby, and make sure they don't drill any holes in her. I got one of the front license plate holders from Fastrack along with the engine cover and chrome exhaust tips just waiting to be installed.
Old 9/8/06, 03:31 PM
GT Member

Can anyone decipher the order status code of ssw080669? Just got that from a person on the phone at Ford customer service, but he couldn't decode it, nor find a VIN on my new car. His ETA is showing 9/16, and that disagrees with the ERL of 9/9.

Is that code by chance the rail number for tracking? And if so, where do I do that at?
Old 9/8/06, 11:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

I can't decode the order status but I know that when I was a week or two from the Mustang landing at the dealer the ERL went back and forth a couple times, on day it was week of Aug21 then it was week of Aug13th, which it stayed until Aug25th... go figure.

The bright part is that the wait is almost over !!
Old 9/8/06, 11:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can anyone decipher the order status code of ssw080669? Just got that from a person on the phone at Ford customer service, but he couldn't decode it, nor find a VIN on my new car. His ETA is showing 9/16, and that disagrees with the ERL of 9/9.

Is that code by chance the rail number for tracking? And if so, where do I do that at?
ssw080669 is the rail car number that your car is on so that means it is on the way! I did a search on "rail car" and found this number 800.235.2352. I tried to enter your code but I kept getting an "invalid alpha code entry" error message or something so I am guessing I don't know how to enter 'ssw' using the keypad on the phone.
Old 9/10/06, 11:27 PM
GT Member

Odd. Called the number, and tried keying in the ssw080669 after listening to their help. It transferred me to a rep saying it had been delivered August 14th. Maybe the Ford CSR pulled the wrong order.

Guess I'll try calling them back tomorrow to see if they have a different status.

Amazing how impatient a person gets the closer something is to arriving :-)
Old 9/13/06, 10:50 PM
GT Member

Guess it's time to update the signature. The beast is now asleep in the garage, after my slightly extended drive to get home from work. Salesperson called me around 11 today, then came and picked me up to go sign for it. That really helped, since I was able to drive my other car home and park it, and not have to coordinate a ride situation with someone.

Can't wait to drive it more, but the need for sleep sleep demanded I came home sometime tonight. I'll post pictures once I take some, was too dark once I left the office for any today.
Old 9/13/06, 11:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on your new arrival!!

Quick Reply: After many years of waiting, my Mustang is being ordered